Are you looking for a quick and easy fall card? Stampin’ Up!’s Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder can help. The folder speaks for itself. Use it alone to create a beautiful handmade greeting card. Find it on page 49 of Stampin’ Up!’s July-December 2022 Mini Catalog.
Please enjoy the free card making tutorial below.
Leaf Fall Free Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Splendid Thoughts (159668)
- PAPER – Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock (144237), Very Vanilla Cardstock (101650), Gold Foil (132622)
- INK – Soft Suede (147115)
- OTHER – Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder (159847), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Gold Shimmer Ribbon (152156), Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels (151193), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Thick Very Vanilla – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼” and folded in half
- Vanilla Cardstock – 5 x 3 ¾”
- Gold Foil – 5 ¼” x 4”
- Ribbon – 16”
- Dry emboss the 5” x 3 ¾” Very Vanilla Cardstock with the Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder. Position the paper in the folder so the bottom, right-hand corner isn’t embossed.
- Stamp the “Let’s Celebrate” sentiment in the lower right-hand corner of the embossed piece with Soft Suede ink.
- Attach the embossed piece to the 5 ¼” x 4” Gold Foil sheet.
- Wrap the ribbon around this piece and tie a bow.
- Attach this to the Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock base.
- Add three Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the card front.
Love this card? See this blog post (with a how-to video included) for three other ideas using this embossing folder.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I’d love to help you in your paper crafting journey.
Kim Quade, Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, Mesa, Arizona
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store to purchase the products needed to create this card.
This video below shows you how to create a quick and easy gift card holder!
It’s that time of year again! We’re gearing up for Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, graduations, weddings, and more. And even though we’re experiencing a time where we may not be able to celebrate together, it’s a great opportunity to send someone your loving thoughts. We can still order gift cards online, and we can still send items via the US Postal Service. In fact, it’s a great time for happy mail of any kind.
The Project: Quick and Easy Gift Card Holder
I found this easy gift card holder while perusing Pinterest. In fact, I’m sure I made some a few years ago. But I’ve resurrected them and updated them with some new designs and Stampin’ Up! products.
The base is just an envelope. You heard me! Just an envelope measuring 5 3/4 inches by 4 3/8 inches. Stampin’ Up! sells both Whisper White and Very Vanilla. You receive 40 envelopes for $7.50. These are high-quality envelopes that fit standard cards.
See the video below for how to transform this card-making staple into a gift card holder.
I’ve used a variety of different products on the gift cards. Here’s a quick recap working left to right (All Stampin’ Up! A shopping list is included after the video.):
- Graduation: Witty-cisms stamp set; Neutrals 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper, Black Card Stock, Stitched Shapes, Layering Circles, Metallic Silver-edge Ribbon, Dark Basic Black Blend.
- Mother’s Day: Best Dressed Bundle, 6 x 6 Dressed to Impressed Designer Series Paper, 1/8 inch Mint Macaron Sheer Linen Ribbon, Stitched Shapes, Blackberry Bliss and Mint Macaron Card Stock.
- Wedding: Itty Bitty Greetings, Gold Embossing, Gold Foil, Stitched Be Mine Framelits, Country Floral 3D Embossing Folder, Gold Metallic-Edge Ribbon.
- Father’s Day: Country Club Designer Series Paper, Country Club Bundle, Country Club Baker’s Twine, Night of Navy Ink and Card Stock.
Thanks for stopping by today! Please let me know if you have questions about the projects or the video. I’d love to hear your thoughts. Be sure to check below for a shopping list.
Stampin’ Up! Pressed Petals Specialty Washi Tape
Tucked on page 172 of Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog is a really cool product — Pressed Petals Specialty Washi Tape. It’s a two-roll package, but the one roll is so different than any other washi tape I’ve used before. It peels off in petals so you can create your own flowers! How fun is that?
I started with a white 1/2-inch circle and peeled the petals off the roll one by one. I affixed the centers onto the circle until I had created a flower. You can use the embossing buddy on the back of the flower to prevent the flower from totally sticking to your paper. One roll contains about 100 petals allowing you to create anywhere from 16 to 20 flowers per roll, depending on how many petals you use.
This card was inspired by a journal decorated by Ellen Woodbridge. I easily turned it into a card using other fun Stampin’ Up! products including a sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings, Pearlized Doilies, the Leaf Punch, Classic Label Punch, Subtle Embossing Folder, and Faceted Gems.
Thanks for stopping by today. You can see a list of all of the products I used below. Click on any of the links to be taken directly to my online store where you can shop 24/7.