Raise your hand if you love the changing colors of the leaves in the fall? (I love the sight of them, but I don’t miss the cold weather now that I live in Arizona.) Stampin’ Up!’s Leaf Fall 3D Folder is a perfect fit for fall card-making projects. Find it on page 53 of the July-December 2022 Mini Catalog. For just $10, it packs a wallop. The folder itself stands out as a main element. In this post, I show a few ways you can use it in your fall paper crafting projects. I feel it works well for any fall occasion — from birthdays to weddings to thinking of you cards to thank you notes.
Blending Brush Technique
Here are some details about the above card:
- Start with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock measuring 5 inches x 3 3/4 inches.
- Run this through the Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder and your Stampin’ Cut Emboss machine.
- With Blending Brushes, apply a combination of Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, and Crushed Curry.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Lovely You set with Cherry Cobber ink on Very Vanilla card stock.
- Punch sentiment with Double Oval Punch, as well as a piece of Cherry Cobbler with the scallop.
- Attach the embossed piece to Cherry Cobbler measuring 5 1/4 inches by 4 inches.
- Wrap 18 inches of Gold & Vanilla 3/8-inch Satin-Edge Ribbon around this panel and tie a bow.
- Pop up the sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach to a Thick Very Vanilla Card Stock base.
- Add Champagne Rhinestone Jewels.
Copper Foil Card
For a really elegant look, choose any of Stampin’ Up!’s foil papers to emboss with the folder. You get gorgeous results. The card above uses Copper Foil. I heat embossed a sentiment (from the Art Gallery stamp set) with copper embossing powder. Imagine your pretty card with gold and silver foils, too.
I layered the embossed foil on a piece of black card stock and onto a Soft Suede base.
Very Vanilla with Colored Ribbon
This folder creates quick and easy cards. I just used Very Vanilla card stock to create this striking card. It’s layered on Pumpkin Pie Card Stock and a Basic Black card base. Color the Stampin’ Up!’s Black and White Gingham Ribbon with a Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend to this celebrate card.
Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder Video
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I hope you got some great ideas on ways to use the Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder. Apply these tips to some of other other available folders.
Need more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free, email newsletter. I send two to three newsletters each month that include a free card making tutorial, a paper crafting video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and specials. Click here and then watch your email inbox for a message from AWeber. They want to confirm you wish to receive my emails.
Kim Quade, Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, Mesa, Arizona
Product Supply List
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store to create the first card featured in the post. Please let me know if I can help in any way.