I just love the excitement of a brand-new catalog. Stampin’ Up!’s 2021-2022 Annual Catalog officially debuts today. Click here to view a PDF copy. (Please contact me to receive your own hard copy of this beautiful catalog.)
Look for new stamp sets, die cuts, bundles, punches, patterned paper, ribbons, and more! Today, I’m sharing a free card tutorial using the Beauty of Friendship stamp set. (It’s offered in a bundle with the Beautiful Trees Dies for a 10 percent discount.)
This card features #simplestamping and goes together quickly.
Beauty of Friendship Card Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Beauty of Friendship (154983)
- PAPER – Bumblebee (153077), Mossy Meadow (133676), Basic White (159276), Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper (DSP) (155841)
- INK – Early Espresso (147114), Old Olive (147090), Mossy Meadow (147111)
- OTHER –Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Paper Snips (103579), Baker’s Twine Essential Pack (155475)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Bumblebee – 8 ½” x 5 ½” scored at 4 ¼”, 5” x ¼”
- Basic White – 5” x 3 ¾”
- Mossy Meadow – 5 ¼” x 4”
- DSP – 5” x 1”
- Baker’s Twine – 5”
- Fold the 8 ½” x 5 ½” Bumblebee cardstock in half.
- Ink the tree trunk from the Beauty of Friendship stamp set with Early Espresso ink and stamp on the front of the white cardstock, closer to the right side, as shown in the card above.
- Stamp one of the smaller foliage images with Mossy Meadow ink on the tree branches. Stamp the other image with Mossy Meadow directly on top of the first. This is called two-step stamping.
- Ink the shadow/ground stamp with Old Olive and stamp at the bottom of the tree trunk.
- Choose a sentiment and stamp it at the bottom of the card with Mossy Meadow ink.
- Afix the DSP piece to the front of the white piece, aligning it directly with the left edge.
- Place the Bumblebee strip next to the DSP.
- With Stampin’ Seal or your choice of adhesive, place the white cardstock onto the Mossy Meadow panel.
- Afix this whole piece to the Bumblebee base.
- Tie a bow with the Baker’s Twine and place on the front of the tree with a Glue Dot.
Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check back often to see samples from this great catalog.
Click on any of the graphic below to shop directly from my online store 24/7.
Tuesday, May 4, 2021, can’t come soon enough! Stampin’ Up!’s new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog debuts that day! My wish list is long.
As a demonstrator, I was able to preorder from a selected list of products. This list included these In Color Ombre Gift Bags (get twenty bags — four each of five colors — for $6). They feature Stampin’ Up!’s brand-new 2021-2023 In Colors (from left): Pale Papaya, Soft Succulent, Polished Pink, Evening Evergreen, and Fresh Freesia.
In addition, I:
- used the Brilliant Wings Dies to die cut coordinating butterflies from the new 2021-2023 In Color Shimmer Vellum. This stuff is gorgeous! I am in love! (Purchase the stamp set and dies as a bundle and save 10 percent.)
- stamped the bags with the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set;
- embellished with the coordinating Open Weave Ribbon; and
- added an embellishment from the 2021-2023 In Color Jewels.
Hint: I used the Stamparatus to stamp the image on the bags. This allowed me to stamp the whole stack in a short period of time.
As you prepare your wish list, keep these upcoming promotions in mind:
- Connect, Craft, and Collect
This is “the” best way to maximize your dollar! From May 4-May 31, purchase Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit for just $99 + tax (shipping is free). You choose $155 worth of ANY products you want. That’s a lot of free product — $56! Once you purchase the kit, enjoy the 20 percent discount. No need to host parties, workshops, or events. Just have fun stamping.
In addition, you become part of Stampin’ Up!’s exclusive family. Perks include a demonstrator-only Facebook page loaded with card-making ideas and tips, an opportunity to see catalogs early and preorder products, a chance to participate in fun stamping events, and more.
And, you can participate in my team — Kim’s Paper Krafters. Through a Facebook group, zoom meetings, and some in-person gatherings, I offer challenges, incentives, tutorials, and fun.
Click here to start the process. Please let me know if you have questions. I’m here to help.
Connect, Craft, and Collect
When the new catalog debuts Tuesday, May 4, 2021, earn extra Stampin’ Rewards. Place a $250 order or host a party with a total of $250 or more and receive an additional $25 to put toward new product. That’s a minimum of $40 in free product.
Start shopping by clicking here.
Please contact me with any questions. I’m here to help on your paper crafting journey.
Be sure to stop back May 4 to view card samples with new products and find a PDF link to the new catalog.
Looking for a fun technique? Try stamping on embossing folders! I admit I’m not the first one to try this cool stamping trick, but it’s a wow! It’s especially fun with Stampin’ Up!’s Woodland Embossing Folder. This great folder is being retired from the product line and is on sale for $7.65. As of Tuesday, April 27, 2021, it is still available for purchase. Get it while supplies last or before May 3, whichever comes first.
In fact, be sure to check the Last-Chance Products Sale to see which products are leaving (some are on sale up to 60 percent off). We need to make room for brand-new goodies available May 4 when the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog goes live. Shop soon to get the products you want!
I used two other retiring products on this card: the Winter Woods stamp set (trees) and Butterfly Gala (sentiment). In addition, I created the background with Stampin’ Up!’s Blending Brushes and Balmy Blue ink.
Be sure to watch the video below for a look at how the great technique works! You’ll want to purchase this folder just to try this. It also works well with the deer from the current Nature’s Beauty stamp set as well as old trucks from previous sets.
How to Stamp on Embossing Folders Video
You can also add any sentiment to this card and make it work. I like it for a masculine card and lends itself to a wintry scene for holiday cards, too.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please let me know how I can help you in your paper crafting journey.
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store.
Welcome to the Team Stamp It April Blog Hop. We’re featuring a host of Mother’s Day and spring card and project ideas. Be sure to visit each blog on the hop and leave a comment for the chance to win a free card kit. Use the hashtag #stampitcontest. We love hearing from you and hope we’ve inspired you in some way.
My card today features the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set with the emboss resist technique. This big butterfly background stamp and its coordinating dies are available as a sneak peek product from Stampin’ Up! Look for them in the new upcoming 2021-2022 Annual Catalog that goes live May 4. Buy them as a bundle and save 10 percent.
Butterfly Brilliance Mother’s Day Card
The emboss resist technique provides awesome results. Here’s an outline of how this card comes together.
- Place the Butterfly Brilliance stamp onto the Stampartus.
- Ink the stamp with Versamark ink.
- Stamp the image onto Basic White card stock.
- Pour White Embossing Powder on the card. Shake off the excess.
- Heat the image with the Heat Tool.
- Choose an ink color. Use the Blending Brushes to apply ink to the image. With a paper towel, gently rub off excess ink. (I used the new In Color of Fresh Freesia.)
- The images should “pop” on the paper leaving you with white butterflies.
- Add any sentiment and embellishments you choose. For this, I embossed the Happy Mother’s Day sentiment from the Dressed to Impress stamp set in white on Basic Black card stock.
This card works for a variety of occasions. I can see it as a sympathy card, a birthday card, thinking of you, and more.
Blog Hop Winner and Giveaway
Be sure to visit all of the blogs for your paper crafting inspiration. Leave a comment for your chance to win the Simply Citrus Card Kit. Congrats to last month’s winner: Wanda Yagla
Thank you for stopping by today. Please let me know if you need additional information on this fun technique.
List of Blog Hop Participants
Butterfly Brilliance Mother’s Day Card Supplies
Click on any of the links below to shop directly from my online store. Please note: Some products will be available when the brand-new catalog goes live May 4, including the Fresh Freesia Classic Stampin’ Ink Pad and Card Stock, the 2021-2023 In Color Jewels, and the 3/8-inch Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon.
It’s that time of year where we anxiously await the debut of Stampin’ Up!’s new Annual Catalog. But, we also mourn the loss of some of our favorite products. (Some things must go to make room for more!)
The Boho Indigo Product Medley finds itself on the retiring list. What a great value at $70. It includes a stamp set, coordinating dies, a lovely package of Designer Series Paper with pre-embossed Very Vanilla components, two ribbons, tags, and flowers. Sorry, the refill kit is sold out.
Boho Indigo Thank You Card Free Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Boho Indigo Product Medley (153132)
- PAPER – Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock (144237), Very Vanilla Cardstock (101650), Misty Moonlight Cardstock (153081), Gold Foil Sheets (132622), Designer Series Paper (DSP) in Boho Indigo Product Medley (155132)
- INK – Misty Moonlight Ink Pad (153118),
- OTHER- Boho Indigo Product Medley (153132), Double Oval Punch (154252), Tasteful Textiles 3D Embossing Folder (152718), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin’ Seal (152813)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Very Vanilla Thick – 11” x 4 ¼”, score and fold at 5 ½”,
- Very Vanilla – 5 ¼” x 4”, 2” x 3 ½” scrap (2)
- Misty Moonlight – Scraps
- Designer Series Paper – 3” x 3”
- Emboss the Very Vanilla panel with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.
- Glue the DSP to the embossed panel, leaving an equal border along the top and sides.
- Add a 5 ½” length of the gold ribbon immediately below the bottom of the DSP. Adhere to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment and the vase using Misty Moonlight ink on Very Vanilla cardstock. Punch the sentiment with Double Oval Punch. Use the scallop portion of the punch to punch the Misty Moonlight layer for the sentiment.
- Die-cutting – Die-cut one Misty Moonlight sprig and one Gold Foil sprig. Die-cut the vase with the corresponding die.
- Adhere the two sprigs to the back of the vase. Dimensional the vase in place.
- Afix the sentiment oval to the scalloped oval. Add this unit to the card front with dimensionals.
I used this medley to create a variety of other cards:
A fun fold. Click here. Birthday card samples. Click here.
Enjoy this video (a Facebook live replay) showing how the card goes together.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please let me know how I can help you on your paper crafting journey!
Click on any of the photos below to shop directly from my online store.