Have you seen Stampin’ Up!’s new Expressions in Ink Designer Series Paper? It’s been a very popular item since the catalog went live early May. The images just wow.
I tried a technique that can offer the same look. (Yes, I’m a little late to the party. Lots of other videos and card samples showcase the alcohol ink technique.) But I had to try to for myself. I paired the designs with Stampin’ Up!’s Sunny Sentiments stamp set. So excited to share all the finished cards!
This post features four of the cards I created with the set and technique. It works really well for backgrounds. Be sure to watch the video for a visual look of how I created these beautiful cards.
Here’s a quick recap of Sunny Sentiments meets alcohol ink technique:
- Started with Stampin’ Up!’s vellum card stock. I made it larger than I needed so I could die cut it to size.
- Scribbled, colored, drew on the vellum with Stampin’ Up!’ Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers. Use an color combination your heart desires.
- With a paint brush, dribble and touch rubbing alcohol (the 91 percent seems to work the best) onto the ink and watch the magic happen. You could also blow on it or use a straw to move the ink around.
- Be sure to play around with the different Stampin’ Blends colors to see all of the fun combinations you can make.
- Let the image dry and then stamp.
Enjoy these card samples. Try this technique yourself and see what happens.
Sunny Sentiments Meets Alcohol Inks Video
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you were inspired.
I’d love to have you join my free email newsletter. I send updates two to three times a month and include a free tutorial and Stampin’ Up! news and notes. Click here to subscribe and watch for in box for an email to confirm. (Be sure to check you spam folder.)
Click on the graphics below to shop directly from my online store:
The season is ripe for strawberries! They make a sweet treat and snack.
Stampin’ Up!’s Sweet Strawberry Bundle adds to the fun. (Buy the stamp set and punch together and receive a 10 percent discount.)
Enjoy the free tutorial below. And, be sure to watch the video (a Facebook Live replay) to see how this card goes together.
Sweet Strawberry Bundle Birthday Free Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Sweet Strawberry Bundle (159523)
- PAPER –Basic White (159276), Real Red (102482), Old Olive (100702), Pattern Party Designer Series Paper (DSP) (155426)
- INK – Real Red (147084), Memento (132708)
- OTHER –Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels (146924)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Real Red – 8 ½” x 5 ½” scored at 4 ½”, 4 ½” x 3”
- Basic White – 3 ¼” x 4 ¾”, 5 ¼” x 4”, 1” x 2 ¼”, and a scrap
- Old Olive – scrap
- DSP (black and white design) – 2 ¾” x 4 ¼”
- Fold the 8 ½” x 5 ½” Real Red Card Stock in half.
- Using adhesive of your choice, layer the DSP onto the 4 ½” x 3” Real Red Card Stock. Adhere this piece to the 3 ¼” x 4 ¾” Basic White Card Stock. Center this panel onto the Real Red Card Stock base.
- With Real Red ink, stamp the birthday sentiment onto the 1” x 2 ¼” Basic White Card Stock. Adhere it to the top of the card, as shown above with Stampin’ Seal or Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp the strawberry outline on a Basic White scrap with Memento Ink. With Real Red ink, stamp the strawberry “body” or solid image in the center of the black outline.
- Stamp the stem outline with Memento ink onto the Old Olive scrap.
- Punch both the strawberry and the stem with the Strawberry Builder Punch.
- Use a Mini Glue Dot to attach the stem to the strawberry.
- Place Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of the strawberry and place on card, as shown above, hovering around the sentiment.
- Scatter three Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels on the card front.
- Attach the remaining Basic White piece to the inside of the card.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Please let me know how I can help in your papercrafting journey.
Click on any of the links below to shop directly from my online store.
With the start of June, summer officially begins! What treat says summer? Ice cream. (Who I am kidding? Anytime of the year is a good time for ice cream!)
In fact, June 7 marked National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. I created a fun shaker card to share using Stampin’ Up!’s Sweet Ice Cream stamp set and Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch.
This bundle first appeared in Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. The good news: It’s also found a spot in the brand-new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog.
However, a few products used to create the Sweet Ice Cream shaker card (card design inspired by Kim Allen) retire at the end of June (or while supplies last). These include:
- Ice Cream Corner Designer Series Paper
- Blackberry Bliss Stripe Ribbon
- Ice Cream Corner Sprinkles
As of today’s post, these items are all still available. Click here to view the Last Chance Product List. Some items offered at discounts up to 50 percent off. While supplies last. Another great way to shop the last chance list is to go directly to my online store at kimquade.stampinup.net and view the discounted items there.
Sweet Ice Cream Shaker Card
Be sure to watch the video below showing how this card goes together. Here are some measurements to help you create this at home:
- Sentiment piece: 1/2 inch x 2 3/4 inches
- Designer Series Paper: 3/4 inch x 4 3/4
- White top piece die cut with Tasteful Labels: 3 1/2 x 4 3/4
- Window Sheet: 3 3/8 x 4 5/8
- White “cover” for window: 2 1/2 x 4
- Layering Piece: 3 3/4 x 5
- Base: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
Here’s another version of this shaker card using the Rainbow Glimmer Paper as the ice cream scoops.
Sweet Ice Cream Shaker Card Video
Products used to create this card. Click on any of the graphics below to shop from my online store:
I recently returned from Stampin’ Up!’s incentive trip to Maui! What a treat! The weather was beautiful, and the company spoiled the earners and their guests. I truly thank all of my friends, customers, team, and supportive husband for this awesome opportunity.
The event focuses mainly on relaxing, recharging, and connecting with other demonstrators. We didn’t have any planned stamping events, but we did exchange swap cards. To participate, I made 26 of one card. (See my card here.)
Then, we receive 25 different cards back! It’s so fun to see the variety of ideas presented by other demonstrators. (Review the video of the cards I received here. Hint: the card showcase takes place near the end of the video.)
Expressions in Ink Gift Card Holder
I really liked a card I received from Selene Kempton; it doubles as a gift card holder. I changed up the Designer Series Paper and the sentiment to make it my own.
My version uses the following products from Stampin’ Up!’s 2021-2022 Annual Catalog:
- Expressions in Ink 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper
- Sentiment from Peaceful Moments
- Fine Art Gold Ribbon
- Gold Foil Paper
Dimensions to cut the card stock, working from the top down:
- 4 1/4 x 2 3/4 — your choice of Designer Series Paper
- 4 1/2 x 3 — colored coordinating card stock
- 7 1/2 x 4 3/4, scored at 1 inch and 4 1/4 inches — white “base”
- 5 1/4 x 3 3/4 — colored coordinating card stock mat
- 1 x 4 3/4 — Designer Series Paper for the inside trim piece
Gift Card Holder Inside
Be sure to watch the following video for a visual look at how this unique gift card holder goes together.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in Mesa, Arizona, I love helping people discover their creativity through both in-person classes, weekly Facebook live demonstrations, and video tutorials. Please let me know how I can help you with your paper crafting journey.
Click here to sign up to receive my free email newsletter that includes free tutorials and a heads up about Stampin’ Up! specials and news.
Supplies Used to Create this Project
Click on any of the graphics below to shop for the products to create this project.
“On trend” accurately describes the new offerings in Stampin’ Up!’s 2021-2022 Annual Catalog. Each year, the designers diligently research what’s in and what’s not. The colors and designs come to life in the form of new rubber stamps, ink, papers, and more.
The tie dye scene is back, and I see it all over in an array of clothing items and more. The new Spiral Dye background stamp offers a fun way to replicate this fun and colorful look on paper. Find the cling stamp on page 118. It sells for $17.
I used it to create the focal point for birthday cards. This technique works best with a Stamparatus. Align your paper on the Stamparatus. I used the Basic White. Ink your stamp with your first color and stamp onto the cardstock. Clean the stamp (I use Simply Shammy). Turn the stamped card stock 180-degrees. Ink the stamp with another coordinating color. Stamp the image on top of your already stamped piece. The result is a fun design. (FYI: I used Fresh Freesia and Pale Papaya.)
I created the sentiment with the Happy Thoughts stamp set (January-June 2021 Mini Catalog) and the Tasteful Labels Dies. In addition, I used the Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon and the 2021-2023 In Color Jewels.
Spiral Dye Birthday Card Video
I also want to make you aware of two Stampin’ Up! special offers this month. Read about them below.
This is “the” best way to maximize your dollar! From now through May 31, purchase Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit for just $99 + tax (shipping is free). You choose $155 worth of ANY products you want. That’s a lot of free product — $56! Once you purchase the kit, enjoy the 20 percent discount. No need to host parties, workshops, or events. Just have fun stamping.
In addition, you become part of Stampin’ Up!’s exclusive family. Perks include a demonstrator-only Facebook page loaded with card-making ideas and tips, an opportunity to see catalogs early and preorder products, a chance to participate in fun stamping events, and more.
And, you can participate in my team — Kim’s Paper Krafters. Through a Facebook group, zoom meetings, and some in-person gatherings, I offer challenges, incentives, tutorials, and fun.
Click here to start the process. Please let me know if you have questions. I’m here to help.
Connect, Craft, and Collect
When the new catalog debuts Tuesday, May 4, 2021, earn extra Stampin’ Rewards. Place a $250 order or host a party with a total of $250 or more and receive an additional $25 to put toward new product. That’s a minimum of $40 in free product.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I’d love to help you in your paper crafting journey.
Spiral Dye Birthday Card Supply List
Click on any of the images below to shop directly from my online store.