Welcome to the Stampin’ Friends February Blog Hop. This month, we’re all playing with our favorite products.
Thanks for joining us today! Read to the end of the post where you’ll see a list of all the participating stampers. Click on any of the links to visit everyone’s web sites. Be sure to leave a comment along the way, as well. We love to hear from you!
As I mentioned, we’re showcasing our favorite things. I LOVE the beach, water, flamingos, and palm trees. So glad I can view palm trees every day living in Arizona. In fact, we just got a few small ones for our backyard. So, I had to use the palm tree images from the Timeless Tropical set for both my card and 3D project. The Tropical Oasis Suite can be found on pages 38-40 in Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2020 Mini Catalog.
Here’s a look at the card:
Stampin’ Up! Timeless Tropical Stamp Set
I tried to create a scene, envisioning myself sitting on the beach under a palm tree. I started with a Whisper White sheet of card stock measuring 5 x 3 3/4-inches. I also had a piece of Whisper White card stock that I ran through the die cutting machine using the second to the largest of the stitched rectangles from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I put a few swipes of SNAIL adhesive on the back side of the scallop rectangle and placed it on top of the Whisper White 5 x 3 3/4 piece. Using Stampin’ Up!’s Sponge Brayers, starting from the bottom, I applied Crumb Cake ink, Blueberry Bushel ink, and Daffodil Delight. I then pulled the pieces apart and started layering. I suppose I could call this the double-time sponging technique!
I used Stampin’ Write Markers in Garden Green and Early Espresso to color directly onto the palm tree stamp. I stamped it on Whisper White and then used the dies to cut it out. Popped it up and adorned with the pineapple Tropical Oasis Trinket.
Palm Tree Coaster
Now, onto the 3D item. I received inspiration for this coaster from Gina Shappa, another Arizona demonstrator. I placed the coaster in the corner of Stampin’ Up!’s stamp positioning tool, the Stamparatus. I inked the stamp with Stazon and stamped it about six separate times. Super easy and super fun. The coaster was just a bit thick, so close and stamp carefully.
I haven’t sealed it yet nor tried to use it as an actual coaster. But you have to admit it’s pretty cute.
Thanks for stopping by the Stampin’ Friends February Blog Hop! I hope you’ve enjoyed my favorite things.
- Rachael Rife- https://rachthestamper.com/favorites-blog-hop/
- Jo Blackman (UK) – http://www.joblackman.com/2020/02/sf-2020-february-blog-hop-favourites.html
- Teri Pocock – http://www.stampinmagic.com/2020/02/stampin-friends-blog-hop-favourites.html
- Jean Bolen Beaulieu –https://danantmom.blogspot.com/2020/02/welcome-to-our-february-stampin-friends.html
- Stephanie Jandrow – https://stampinandscrappinwithsteph.weebly.com/home/stampin-friends-favorites-blog-hop
- Katja Ettig – https://www.kleine-stempelmiez.de/2020/02/20/stampin-friends-blog-hop-favorites
- Tiziana Milano – https://stampinwtiziana.blogspot.com/2020/02/welcome-to-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
- Kim Quade (US) – https://kimplayswithpaper.com/home/stampin-friends-february-blog-hop/
- Kim Lamos- https://www.pinkzebrapapercreations.com/2020/02/stampin-friends-blog-hop-favorite-things.html
- Anne Marie Hile – http://www.stampinanne.com/2020/02/favorites-february-2020-stampin-friends.html
- Cheryl Taylor (UK) – http://cheryldiana.co.uk/stampin-friends-february-2020-blog-hop
- Heidi Collins – https://on-y-go-stamping.weebly.com/home/my-favorite-things
- Barbara Welch – https://creativestampinspot.blogspot.com/2020/02/stampin-friends-favorites-blog-hop.html
- Maureen Rauchfuss – https://crazystampinglady.blogspot.com/2020/02/sf-2020-february-favorites-bash-blog-hop.html\
Welcome to the Stampin’ Up! Maui Achievers Blog Hop. I’m featuring the Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper.
Maui Achievers Blog Hop is live! We are a group of Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrators from around the world who have achieved the Stampin’ Up! bonus of the Maui trip. We want to celebrate this achievement by organizing a monthly hop which helps us to continue to inspire you creatively.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way there is a list at the end of this post to help you move around all the different blogs and get many amazing ideas. Be sure to visit them all.
Stampin’ Up! Please As Punch Designer Series Paper
The card I’m sharing today uses the Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper. It’s part of Stampin’ Up!’s Coordination Product Release. This is a limited-time release. It’s 12 sheets of patterned paper: 3 each of 4 double-sided designs–umbrellas, hearts, flowers, and tulips. All of the designs coordinate with one of Stampin’ Up!’s current punches. This makes card making so easy! The coordinating colors are Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, and Whisper White.
Here are some of the ingredients I used:
- Whisper White card base
- Basic Black card stock
- Gorgeous Grape card stock
- 6 x 6 Brights Collection Designer Series Paper
- Pleased as Punch Designer Series
- Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set
- Gorgeous Grape ink pad
- Heart Punch
- Classic Label Punch
- Stitched Shape Framelits
- Layering Squares Framelits
- Whisper White 1/4-inch Crinkled Seam Binding colored with Highland Heather Dark Stampin’ Blend Marker
Click on any of the links at the very end of this post to be taken directly to my online store to purchase these products.
Click on these links below to visit all of the blogs on the hop. Look for a variety of awesome cards created by talented demonstrators.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoy all of the projects!
I’m sharing another card I received during my birthday month! This one came from Karen Page and uses Stampin’ Up!’s Piece of Cake stamp (found in the Annual Catalog on page 64). It’s paired with the Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper (found in the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog).
Stampin’ Up! Piece of Cake
For the details on the Piece of Cake birthday card, see Karen’s post here.
If you look closely, you can see this card uses an item that can be earned free during Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration sale. It’s the So Saffron Metallic Baker’s Twine. (This free gift with purchase includes two rolls of sparkly baker’s twine and sequins).
This exciting promotion runs through March 31, so there’s still time to get in on the free stuff. There are three ways to take advantage of the savings: Shop, Host, Join.
Shop: Make purchases of $50 and $100 and get the opportunity to select fun and exclusive items from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. Remember to look for the Product Coordination Release, fun goodies that complement some of the Sale-A-Bration offerings and items found in the January-June 2020 Mini.
Host: Host a party for your friends, get orders of $300 and earn the Little Ladybug stamp set free. (Or, create your own order to receive the set and additional benefits.)
Join: Do you have a large wish list? This is the perfect time to get Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit. For just $99 (plus tax), choose $125 worth of product (it’s all shipped free). In addition, you receive any stamp set of your choice, a mini paper trimmer, and a 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper Stack. Then, receive a 20 percent discount on future purchases. It’s a win-win situation. You’ll be joining a fun community of stampers who also receive fun perks from Stampin’ Up! What are you waiting for?
Also, beginning March 3, look for a second release of products you can earn free. There’s fun color vellum, copper foil paper, and new and exclusive stamp sets. Stay tuned! I just received the new brochures, so let me know if you want one.
Thanks for stopping by today! And, thanks to Karen for sharing her Piece of Cake birthday card with me!