Looking for a fun technique? Try stamping on embossing folders! I admit I’m not the first one to try this cool stamping trick, but it’s a wow! It’s especially fun with Stampin’ Up!’s Woodland Embossing Folder. This great folder is being retired from the product line and is on sale for $7.65. As of Tuesday, April 27, 2021, it is still available for purchase. Get it while supplies last or before May 3, whichever comes first.
In fact, be sure to check the Last-Chance Products Sale to see which products are leaving (some are on sale up to 60 percent off). We need to make room for brand-new goodies available May 4 when the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog goes live. Shop soon to get the products you want!
I used two other retiring products on this card: the Winter Woods stamp set (trees) and Butterfly Gala (sentiment). In addition, I created the background with Stampin’ Up!’s Blending Brushes and Balmy Blue ink.
Be sure to watch the video below for a look at how the great technique works! You’ll want to purchase this folder just to try this. It also works well with the deer from the current Nature’s Beauty stamp set as well as old trucks from previous sets.
How to Stamp on Embossing Folders Video
You can also add any sentiment to this card and make it work. I like it for a masculine card and lends itself to a wintry scene for holiday cards, too.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please let me know how I can help you in your paper crafting journey.
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store.
Welcome to the Team Stamp It April Blog Hop. We’re featuring a host of Mother’s Day and spring card and project ideas. Be sure to visit each blog on the hop and leave a comment for the chance to win a free card kit. Use the hashtag #stampitcontest. We love hearing from you and hope we’ve inspired you in some way.
My card today features the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set with the emboss resist technique. This big butterfly background stamp and its coordinating dies are available as a sneak peek product from Stampin’ Up! Look for them in the new upcoming 2021-2022 Annual Catalog that goes live May 4. Buy them as a bundle and save 10 percent.
Butterfly Brilliance Mother’s Day Card
The emboss resist technique provides awesome results. Here’s an outline of how this card comes together.
- Place the Butterfly Brilliance stamp onto the Stampartus.
- Ink the stamp with Versamark ink.
- Stamp the image onto Basic White card stock.
- Pour White Embossing Powder on the card. Shake off the excess.
- Heat the image with the Heat Tool.
- Choose an ink color. Use the Blending Brushes to apply ink to the image. With a paper towel, gently rub off excess ink. (I used the new In Color of Fresh Freesia.)
- The images should “pop” on the paper leaving you with white butterflies.
- Add any sentiment and embellishments you choose. For this, I embossed the Happy Mother’s Day sentiment from the Dressed to Impress stamp set in white on Basic Black card stock.
This card works for a variety of occasions. I can see it as a sympathy card, a birthday card, thinking of you, and more.
Blog Hop Winner and Giveaway
Be sure to visit all of the blogs for your paper crafting inspiration. Leave a comment for your chance to win the Simply Citrus Card Kit. Congrats to last month’s winner: Wanda Yagla
Thank you for stopping by today. Please let me know if you need additional information on this fun technique.
List of Blog Hop Participants
Butterfly Brilliance Mother’s Day Card Supplies
Click on any of the links below to shop directly from my online store. Please note: Some products will be available when the brand-new catalog goes live May 4, including the Fresh Freesia Classic Stampin’ Ink Pad and Card Stock, the 2021-2023 In Color Jewels, and the 3/8-inch Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon.
It’s that time of year where we anxiously await the debut of Stampin’ Up!’s new Annual Catalog. But, we also mourn the loss of some of our favorite products. (Some things must go to make room for more!)
The Boho Indigo Product Medley finds itself on the retiring list. What a great value at $70. It includes a stamp set, coordinating dies, a lovely package of Designer Series Paper with pre-embossed Very Vanilla components, two ribbons, tags, and flowers. Sorry, the refill kit is sold out.
Boho Indigo Thank You Card Free Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Boho Indigo Product Medley (153132)
- PAPER – Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock (144237), Very Vanilla Cardstock (101650), Misty Moonlight Cardstock (153081), Gold Foil Sheets (132622), Designer Series Paper (DSP) in Boho Indigo Product Medley (155132)
- INK – Misty Moonlight Ink Pad (153118),
- OTHER- Boho Indigo Product Medley (153132), Double Oval Punch (154252), Tasteful Textiles 3D Embossing Folder (152718), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin’ Seal (152813)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Very Vanilla Thick – 11” x 4 ¼”, score and fold at 5 ½”,
- Very Vanilla – 5 ¼” x 4”, 2” x 3 ½” scrap (2)
- Misty Moonlight – Scraps
- Designer Series Paper – 3” x 3”
- Emboss the Very Vanilla panel with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.
- Glue the DSP to the embossed panel, leaving an equal border along the top and sides.
- Add a 5 ½” length of the gold ribbon immediately below the bottom of the DSP. Adhere to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment and the vase using Misty Moonlight ink on Very Vanilla cardstock. Punch the sentiment with Double Oval Punch. Use the scallop portion of the punch to punch the Misty Moonlight layer for the sentiment.
- Die-cutting – Die-cut one Misty Moonlight sprig and one Gold Foil sprig. Die-cut the vase with the corresponding die.
- Adhere the two sprigs to the back of the vase. Dimensional the vase in place.
- Afix the sentiment oval to the scalloped oval. Add this unit to the card front with dimensionals.
I used this medley to create a variety of other cards:
A fun fold. Click here. Birthday card samples. Click here.
Enjoy this video (a Facebook live replay) showing how the card goes together.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please let me know how I can help you on your paper crafting journey!
Click on any of the photos below to shop directly from my online store.
As crafters, we seem to have our own language. We throw out terms like emboss, die cut, DSP (designer series paper), mats, blends, and more. It’s the same for the abbreviation OSW or One-Sheet Wonder. (Be sure to watch the video below — a Facebook live replay — to see how I approached this project.)
What is a One-Sheet Wonder?
It’s a technique where you use one sheet of either 6 x 6 or 12 x 12 patterned paper. You cut it up into strips or pieces and use those pieces to create your handmade greeting cards.
Create your own cutting pattern or find one online (Pinterest is a good source) by simply searching “one-sheet wonder.” I found this pattern below and used it to create a set of cards with one 6 x 6 design from Stampin’ Up!’s Flowering Cactus medley.
Why Create a One-Sheet Wonder?
As paper crafters, we tend to be paper hoarders. We buy all this wonderful paper, because, well, it’s wonderful! Sometimes it’s difficult to grab the courage to cut it up and use it.
Also, this technique works well when you’ve lost your mojo and need inspiration to get started on a project. Simply choose a package or a sheet of paper that catches your eye, follow the cuttings directions, and let your creativity flow.
Then, when you’ve finished the cards, you now have samples or templates to use the next time you need inspiration.
I challenge you to try this creative technique. Have questions? Please contact me. I’d love to help.
Thanks for stopping by today. Click on any of the links below to shop directly from my online store.
Welcome to the March 2021 Maui Achievers Blog Hop.
We’re a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world who have achieved the Stampin’ Up! bonus of the Maui incentive trip. We celebrate this achievement by organizing a monthly hop which helps us continue to inspire you creatively.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way there’s a list at the end of this post to help you move around to all the different blogs and gather many amazing ideas. We have all listed our country – so if you’re looking for a demonstrator, these are top demonstrators in their country and would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! shopping or if you’d like to join our Stampin’ Up! teams. Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment. We love to hear from you.
Rainbow Glimmer Paper Meets Friendly Flamingo
When the Rainbow Glimmer Paper appeared in Stampin’ Up!’s 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, I purchased a package. And, then, I hoarded it. Who can relate to that?
I recently realized we’ll be seeing a brand-new catalog May 5; I really should use some of those products I’ve been “saving.”
The Rainbow Glimmer Paper is just so vibrant. It speaks tropical. The package includes two, 12 x 12 sheets that coordinate with the colors of Granny Apple Green, Blackberry Bliss, Mango Melody, Magenta Madness, and Bermuda Bay.
So I combined it with the Friendly Flamingo Bundle. Find it on page 43 of the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. Purchase the stamp set and dies as a bundle and receive a 10 percent discount.
In addition to the Rainbow Glimmer Paper and the Friendly Flamingo Bundle, I used:
- the coordinating colors of Magenta Madness, Mango Melody, and Coastal Cabana
- a rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- Greenery Embossing Folder
It’s a very simple card with a little bit of die cutting and a little bit of stamping. Quick and easy, it’s ready to send to a friend.
Click here to see some other card samples using the Friendly Flamingo Bundle.
Thanks so much for stopping by the March 2021 Maui Achievers Blog Hop. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop to a variety of inspiration for your paper crafting projects.
List of Blog Hoppers
List of Products Used to Create this Project