Welcome to the Team Stamp It April Blog Hop. We’re featuring a host of Mother’s Day and spring card and project ideas. Be sure to visit each blog on the hop and leave a comment for the chance to win a free card kit. Use the hashtag #stampitcontest. We love hearing from you and hope we’ve inspired you in some way.
My card today features the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set with the emboss resist technique. This big butterfly background stamp and its coordinating dies are available as a sneak peek product from Stampin’ Up! Look for them in the new upcoming 2021-2022 Annual Catalog that goes live May 4. Buy them as a bundle and save 10 percent.
Butterfly Brilliance Mother’s Day Card
The emboss resist technique provides awesome results. Here’s an outline of how this card comes together.
- Place the Butterfly Brilliance stamp onto the Stampartus.
- Ink the stamp with Versamark ink.
- Stamp the image onto Basic White card stock.
- Pour White Embossing Powder on the card. Shake off the excess.
- Heat the image with the Heat Tool.
- Choose an ink color. Use the Blending Brushes to apply ink to the image. With a paper towel, gently rub off excess ink. (I used the new In Color of Fresh Freesia.)
- The images should “pop” on the paper leaving you with white butterflies.
- Add any sentiment and embellishments you choose. For this, I embossed the Happy Mother’s Day sentiment from the Dressed to Impress stamp set in white on Basic Black card stock.
This card works for a variety of occasions. I can see it as a sympathy card, a birthday card, thinking of you, and more.
Blog Hop Winner and Giveaway
Be sure to visit all of the blogs for your paper crafting inspiration. Leave a comment for your chance to win the Simply Citrus Card Kit. Congrats to last month’s winner: Wanda Yagla
Thank you for stopping by today. Please let me know if you need additional information on this fun technique.
List of Blog Hop Participants
Butterfly Brilliance Mother’s Day Card Supplies
Click on any of the links below to shop directly from my online store. Please note: Some products will be available when the brand-new catalog goes live May 4, including the Fresh Freesia Classic Stampin’ Ink Pad and Card Stock, the 2021-2023 In Color Jewels, and the 3/8-inch Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon.