Be sure to watch the video below to learn about the Friendly Flamingo Mirror Technique.
Stampin’ Up!’s Stamparatus, a unique stamp positioning tool, is a must-have for any craft room. Its uses are many and varied. It:
- helps you get the image straight every time;
- allows you to re-stamp an image if it’s not dark enough or not all of it appeared;
- makes it easy to create multiples quickly and easily;
- is gentle on arthritic hands; and
- lends itself to a variety of fun techniques such a hinge-step stamping, two-step stamping, the mirror/reflection technique and more.
Today’s card features the Friendly Flamingo stamp set and the Stamparatus. It’s a Valentine/love card using the mirror/reflection technique. Be sure to watch the attached video below.
The Stamparatus costs $49. With just an additional small purchase, you qualify for a free SaleABration item.
This is Stampiin’ Up!’s most exciting sale of the year. Earn free products with $50 and $100 purchases (before tax and shipping.) Choose from nine different products which include exclusive stamp sets, Designer Series Paper, and a stamp set/paper combination. Take this opportunity to get free items and stock up an array of beautiful paper. Begin shopping here.
Have a long wish list? Consider the purchase of Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit. Choose $125 worth of ANY product (it’s shipped free) for only $99 + tax. In addition, during Sale-A-Bration you receive FIVE packages of 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper free. That’s 200 sheets of patterned paper free (a $50 value). After purchasing the Starter Kit, you receive a 20 percent discount on future purchases. No need to host parties or workshops (unless you want to). Just enjoy the discount.
Top 10 Reasons to Purchase Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit
1. The discount! 20% off products!
2. Early release and preordering opportunities.
3. Extra income while doing something you love.
4. Access to the Stampin’ Up! website.
5. My exclusive team Facebook page, Zoom meetings, and in-person gatherings (hopefully back in 2021).
6. Fun team challenges for ideas and monthly recognition with my Crazy Cash program.
7. Exclusive Facebook Page with Stampin’ Up!
8. My team training and one-on-one training to help you get started and continue successfully.
9. Earn Stampin’ Rewards toward products you love by hosting in-person and online workshops. (Definitely not required. Do as much or as little as like! Your choice.)
10. Share your love of Stampin’ Up! products with others as you build your business with Stampin’ Up! and ME, your team leader.
Click here to start the process!
SaleABration ends February 28, so be sure to get your freebies before they’re gone.
Friendly Flamingo Mirror Technique Video
Thanks for stopping by today. I’d love to help you with your paper crafting journey.
Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2021 Mini Catalog has been live for one month already. It’s filled with an awesome variety of new stamp sets, die cuts, punches, Designer Series Paper, ribbon, and more. I hope you’ve had a chance to play with some of the products.
As you may know, my list of faves include the Flowering Cactus Medley and the Friendly Flamingo Bundle. (I’ve created and posted quite a few samples using these products.) Every so often, I need a bunch of cards — in a hurry. I really like the font showcased in the Happy Thoughts stamp set. The sentiments lend themselves well to all of the occasions I use the most: They include: Happy Birthday, Thinking of You, Thank You, and Congratulations.
I found a clean and simple sketch (inspired by Mary Bush), that allows me to use the above sentiments. The variety of Designer Series Paper also lets me change the look and feel of the card. I call it my Clean and Simple Happy Thoughts card.
Clean and Simple Happy Thoughts
Here are the basic cutting and card stock measurements. (Also, look for a how-to video at the end of the post):
- Card stock base: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2
- Card stock layer: 3 1/4 x 4 1/4
- Designer Series Paper of your choice: 3 x 4 (the free Sale-A-Bration choices work well as do any of Stampin’ Up!’s patterned paper)
- Label with Tasteful Labels Dies (the Stitched Rectangles also work well here)
- Coordinating ribbon and embellishments
This card uses the Flower & Field Designer Series Paper you can earn free during SaleABration with a $50 order before tax and shipping.
This card features Stampin’ Up!’s Paper Blooms Designer Series Paper that you can earn free with a $50 purchase (before tax and shipping) during SaleABration.
Clean and Simple Happy Thoughts Video
Sale-a-Bration Runs through February 28
This is Stampin’ Up!’s most exciting sale of the year. Receive free product with minimum purchases of $50 and $100. Choose from nine different products, including stamp sets and Designer Series Paper. Take this opportunity to get free items and stock up an array of beautiful paper.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope my ideas inspire you to create something today! If you’re not currently working with a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I’d love to help you in your paper crafting journey.
Do you remember Valentine’s Day as a youngster? I folded a piece of red construction paper in half and cut the shape of the heart. And, then I decorated it and gave it away. Of course, I signed it with the obligatory “Love, Kim.”
I also remember decorating shoe boxes to collect the little Valentine cards we collected in school.
Paper crafting has certainly come a long way in the last fifty years! We have access to awesome rubber stamps, coordinating punches and die cuts, beautiful Designer Series Paper, and much more.
Valentine’s Day is one of the largest card-sending holidays of the year. Are you ready? Today I’m sharing a sampling of cards using a variety of current Stampin’ Up! product.
Also, enjoy the video inserted at the end of this blog post. I showcase an array of cards and make one with the Hearts & Kisses Bundle.
2021 Valentine’s Day Card Samples
The cards featured here use a range of supplies from Stampin’ Up’s Annual Catalog and January-June 2021 Mini Catalog.
From the Annual Catalog:
- Meant to Be stamp set
- Coordinating Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Heart Punch Pack
- Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder
- Memento Black, Rococo Rose, and Blushing Bride ink and card stock
From the mini catalog:
- Hearts and Kisses stamp set
- Kiss Punch
- Love You Always Designer Series Paper
- Love You Always Foil Sheets
- Blushing Bride Metallic Ribbon
- Matte Black Dots
I heat embossed the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings with white embossing powder.
I did a bit of white heat embossing to make the sentiment pop.
For the background, I used the “splotch” from the Hearts & Kisses stamp set. I inked it in Blushing Bride and stamped “off” on scratch paper before making the background.
More white heat embossing to make the sentiment pop! Isn’t the foil paper gorgeous?
Take a look at this video that shares a bit more information about the card.
2021 Valentine’s Day Card Samples Video
Thanks for stopping by today!
Today’s card features two of my favorite products from Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. The Friendly Flamingo Bundle and the Blending Brushes.
I created a fun background with the Blending Brushes found on page 62. You receive three brushes for $12. I’ve included a free tutorial below and a video showing how I used the brushes to create several backgrounds.
Blending Brush Card Sample Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Friendly Flamingo Bundle (156212), Timeless Tropical (151497)
- PAPER – Basic White (159276), Calypso Coral (122925), Bermuda Bay (131197)
- INK – Calypso Coral (147101), Bermuda Bay (147096), Crumb Cake (147116), Misty Moonlight (153118), Bumblebee (153116)
- OTHER –Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Pearl Basic Jewels (144220), Blending Brushes (153611), Adhesive Sheets (152334)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Bermuda Bay – 8 ½” 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, 4 ½” x 3 ¼”
- Basic White – 5 ¼” x 4”, 4 ¼” x 3”, 4” x 3”, scrap
- Calypso Coral – 5 ¼” x 4”
- Fold the Bermuda Bay card stock in half on the score line.
- Stamp the palm tree (focusing on the fronds only) from the Timeless Tropical stamp set with Calypso Coral ink around the edges of the Calypso Coral 5 ¼” x 4” piece of card stock.
- Adhere this stamped Calypso Coral piece onto the Bermuda Bay base.
- Using the Blending Brushes, and using one color at a time, apply the Crumb Cake, Misty Moonlight, and Bumblebee ink onto the 4 ¼” x 3” piece of Basic White card stock, starting from the bottom and working up.
- Layer the Adhesive Sheet onto the 4” x3” Basic White card stock.
- Stamp the flamingo image from the Friendly Flamingo stamp set onto that piece. Die cut with coordinating die.
- With Calypso Coral ink, stamp the “Just Be You” sentiment in the upper left-hand corner of the blended piece.
- Remove the adhesive backing from the flamingo and adhere the image to the blended piece with the sentiment.
- Adhere this piece onto the 4 ½ x 3 ¼” Bermuda Bay card stock.
- Using Stampin’ Seal or Glue Dots, place this onto the Bermuda Bay/Calypso Coral base.
- Stamp a small flower from the Friendly Flamingo stamp set on the Basic White scrap with Bermuda Bay ink.
- Die cut with coordinating die.
- Adhere flower to the flamingo’s neck.
- Embellish with a Pearl Basic Jewel.
- Add the 5 ¼” x 4” Basic White card stock to the inside of the card.
Please enjoy this video showing you a how I used the brushes and some ideas for handmade greeting cards.
Thank you for visiting my blog today. I’d love to include you on my email newsletter list. Click here to subscribe.
Blending Brush Card Sample–List of Products Used
Click on any of the photo graphics below to go directly to my online store to shop 24/7.
Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration promotion has always been my favorite time of the year. It’s so exciting! Before I became a demonstrator, I saved my birthday and Christmas money. I splurged and received a bunch of new stamp sets and other crafting products. Who doesn’t love free product?
It’s that time again! Receive your choice of free and exclusive product when you make minimum purchases of $50 and $100. The promotion runs through February 28 and includes nine different stamp sets and Designer Series Paper. The selections make it easy for you to create a variety of cards for varying occasions. Here’s a PDF of the catalog. If you want a hard copy, please contact me.
The card above uses the Approaching Perfection stamp set and Oh, So Ombre 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper. Both are available with $50 purchases (before tax and shipping).
Approaching Perfection Free Stamp Set
- Blackberry Bliss card stock base
- Calypso Coral Layer – 5 1/4 x 4 inches
- Oh, So Ombre DSP – 5 x 3 3/4 inches
- Calypso Coral strip – 5 x 1 1/2 inches
- Oh, So Ombre strip – 5 x 1 1/4 inches
- Layering Circles
- Stitched Shapes
- Calypso Coral ink
Be sure to watch the video below to see how I accomplished the masking technique and the ink to stamp technique.
Here are a few more card samples using this set. I have a bunch of birthdays this month, so these cards will be put to good use.
This card using the Granny Apple Green design of the Oh, So Ombre DSP. I colored the ribbon with Stampin’ Up!’s Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends.
I added Night of Navy card stock and Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels with the die cut from Stitched So Sweetly.
Definitely a #simplestamping card here. Rubber stamps, ink, and paper in Petal Pink and Night of Navy.
Another #simplestamping card using a free Sale-A-Bration item: Paper Blooms.
Approaching Perfection Free Stamp Set Video
Thanks for stopping by today! I appreciate your time! If you’re not currently working with another Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I’d love to help you in your paper crafting journey.
Click on any of the images below to shop directly from my online store 24/7.