I’m showing you how to make a Snowflake Splendor Shaker Card. See the directions and video below.
Let it snow! Today’s shaker card makes that happen. Sometimes, shaker cards seem difficult to make. But this new technique is easy. It uses one of Stampin’ Up!’s Clear Envelopes. (I grabbed this idea from one of the presenters at our demonstrator gathering and made it my own.)
My class attendees loved making this card.
- It starts with a Night of Navy card stock base.
- The Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper is cut at 5 x 3 3/4.
- Sentiment — stamped in Night of Navy — comes from Snowman Season stamp set.
- Used Snowflake Sequins and retired Dazzling Diamond for the snow. (I saw another demonstrator use course sea salt as snow.)
- 20 inches of the Misty Moonlight/Silver Bakers Twine from the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack.
- Coordinating bling from the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
Be sure to watch the video for a step-by-step presentation of how this card goes together.
Extended through Wednesday, November 25, Stampin’ Up! is holding its Online Extravaganza. Almost everything in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog is 10 percent off. Some exclusions (seventy-four items) apply, but that leaves a whole of card stock, ink, stamp sets, bundles, embossing folders, and more on sale. Click here to shop online.
Please let me know if you have questions about this card or any other paper crafting projects. If you’re not currently working with a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I’d love to help you in your crafting journey.
List of Products Used to Make the Snowflake Splendor Shaker Card
Click on any of the graphics below to go directly to my online store to shop 24/7.
Keep reading to learn some handmade holiday helping ideas!
Do you wish there was an easy way to create handmade holiday greetings cards and gift tags?
Do you feel you aren’t creative and/or don’t have the energy to make your own cards?
Is there a creative child or adult on your Christmas shopping list?
Would you like to spend some quality time crafting with your loved ones?
Stampin’ Up!’s kits can check off all of the boxes above! Read below to see all of the options.
Christmas Countdown Advent Calendar
Imagine your kiddos (or grand-kiddos) peeking in the little boxes each day, while you witness the joy on their faces when they discover what’s inside.
Get ready for Christmas with this hand-crafted advent decor, the Christmas Countdown Kit
. Decorate the boxes and then fill with small treats. The kit includes enough supplies to decorate 25 mini boxes, plus it comes with a sturdy outer box to hold them all. Size is approximately 11 x 11.
When the holidays are over, decorate the reverse side of the mini boxes with any designer paper and you’ve created a unique and pretty storage solution.
This kit is just $30 + tax and shipping. (Think about adding a Stampin’ Seal + and Stampin’ Dimensionals if you don’t have these at home.)
Watch this quick video below to get a peek at what this kit offers.
Joy of Sharing All-Inclusive Card Kit
This kit includes a stamp set, mini ink pad, acrylic block, envelopes and the ingredients to create 15 handmade cards — traditional or photo.
The cost for this kit is $35 + tax and shipping.
Tag Buffet Project Kit
Create your own cute handmade gift tags with the fun Tag Buffet Project Kit. It costs $30 (+ tax and shipping) and makes 30 gorgeous tags.
You’ll also need a stamp set. Stampin’ Up! recommends the coordinating Tag Buffet set ($18) as well as Stampin’ Dimensionals and Garden Green, Real Red, and Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Pads.
Grab some kits for you and your friends and have a fun gathering. (Buy four kits from me, and I’ll send you the stamp set! Contact me for additional details.)
Watch this video (a Facebook Live replay) to see the details of this great card kit.
Simply Citrus All-Inclusive Card Kit
Are you looking for a fun and creative gift for a craft lover in your life? Stampin’ Up!’s Simply Citrus All-Inclusive Card Kit
contains the ingredients to make 15 handmade greeting cards. This bright and cheery kit includes a photopolymer stamp set, mini ink pad, stamping block, envelopes, and embellishments.
The sentiments include: Just a Note, Way to Go, Hello Sunshine, and Thanks for Being You.
This kit is just $32 + tax and shipping.
Looking Up All-Inclusive Card Kit
Check another gift off of your list with Stampin’ Up!’s Looking Up All-Inclusive Card Kit
. It has the ingredients to create 15 handmade greeting cards. The kit includes a photopolymer stamp set, mini ink pad, stamping block, embellishments, and envelopes.
The sentiments include: Happy Birthday, I Hear a Congratulations Are in Order, Feel Better Soon, I am So Very Thankful for You, Thanks So Much.
This kit is just $29 + tax and shipping.
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Crafting Kit
Stampin’ Up!’s Paper Pumpkin offers a one-stop box for creative success! Each monthly kit comes with the ingredients to make a special project — from greeting cards, to treat packets, to gift card holders, and more.
Kits are designed for anyone who wants to quickly and easily achieve beautiful, handcrafted projects — anytime and anywhere! You (or the receiver) will get a new project every month.
There are two ways to subscribe:
1. An ongoing month-to-month subscription. This option costs just $22 + tax per month (shipping is included). I’ll provide you a card to give to the recipient.
to begin the subscription process. Subscribe by December 10 to receive the first kit in December: Beary Comforting.
2. A 1-, 3-, 6-, or 12-month subscription
. Costs vary. For example, a 6-month subscription is $114 + tax and shipping. Purchase a prepaid code, and the recipient just needs to activate their account to begin getting the fun kits in the mail. Visit the online store
to learn more. I’ll provide a gift card to go with it!
Or contact me. I’ll help you choose the right option. It’s a gift that keeps on giving!
Gift Certificate/Wish List
Let your favorite crafter choose their own products by giving them a gift certificate. I can provide certificates in any amount. Contact me to get started. The certificates are redeemable directly through me, and not Stampin’ Up!
Or, create your wish list, send it to me, and I’ll let your family know which products would make a great gift for you. Here are some easy directions for you.
- Go to: kimquade.stampinup.net
- In the upper left corner, make sure it says: Shopping with Kim Quade
- If you don’t have an online shopping profile with me, you may need to create one.
- Select an item from the store.
- Click the “heart” Add to List.
- Click “Create a New List.”
- Name your list: Wishlist for Kids, Wishlist for Hubby, etc.
- When you’ve added the desired items to your list, click the heart at the top of the page.
- Your list and the selected items should appear.
- Click “Share List.”
- Copy provided link.
- Send that link in an email to the person purchasing the gift.
- When that person receives the email, they click on the link to view your wish list on my store.
- They can then select and pay for the items they wish to purchase.
Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-617-7955.
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Please let me know how I can help make your holidays easier, more enjoyable, and handmade!
Click on the pictures below to go directly to my online store to shop.
Join me for today’s video. I’m creating a Thanksgiving card using the Stamparatus reflection technique.
Do you send Thanksgiving cards? It’s almost time to get those in the mail. I decided to feature fall trees for one of my card designs. The Stamparatus comes in handy for this.
Stampin’ Up!’s stamp positioning tool lends itself to a variety of fun techniques. Today’s card and video feature the reflection technique. (Other fun uses include hinge-step stamping. See a related video here.)
- Basic Black card stock base — 11 inches x 4 1/4 inches, scored at 5 1/2 inches
- Whisper White – 2 pieces cut at 5 1/4 x 4 inches (one is for the inside of the card)
- Basic Black – 4 inches x 5/8 inches
- Whisper White – 4 inches by 1/2 inches
- Tree from Rooted in Nature Stamp Set
- Sentiment from Banner Year Stamp Set
- Ink colors of Memento, Crushed Curry, Merry Merlot, and Pumpkin Pie
- Sponge Daubers and Sponge Brayer
- Holiday Rhinestone Assortment
Stamparatus Reflection Technique Video
This video, a Facebook Live replay provides a step-by-step demonstration of how the card comes together.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please let me know if you have questions about how this card was created. If you’re not currently working with a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I’d love to help you in your paper crafting journey.
Products Used to Make this Card
Click on any of the links to go directly to my online store.
I’m offering a Heartwarming Hugs Free Tutorial today as well as a video.
I love a lot of things about this card. It:
- Showcases the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper.
- Is festive!
- Features the Gift Wrapped stamp set and coordinating Gift Bow Builder Punch.
- Goes together very easily and can be adapted to a variety of papers and sentiments.
Heartwarming Hugs Free Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Gift Wrapped Bundle (155155)
- PAPER – Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper (153492), Pear Pizzaz (131201), Real Red (102482), Whisper White (100730)
- INK – Real Red (147084), Mossy Meadow (147111)
- OTHER – Gold Cord-Wonder of the Season Ribbon Combo Pack (153537), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Pear Pizzazz Card Stock – 8 ½” x 5 ½” – score at 4 ¼”, 3” x 3” scrap
- Real Red Card Stock – 5 1/4” x 4”
- Whisper White – 4 ½” x ¾”, 5 ¼” x 4”
- Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper – three varied designs – 1 ½” x 3 ¾”
- Gold Cord – 8”
- Fold the 8 ½” x 5 ½” Pear Pizzazz Card Stock in half at the score line.
- Using Stampin’ Seal, afix the three pieces of Heartwarming Hugs DSP onto the Real Red piece, equally spaced.
- Adhere this piece to the Pear Pizzazz base.
- Stamp the “A Very Merry Christmas” sentiment with Real Red ink on the Whisper White 4 ½” x ¾” piece toward the right-hand side, leaving space to add the bow later.
- Adhere the sentiment to the front of the card with Glue Dots.
- Stamp a bow from the Gift Wrapped stamp set with Mossy Meadow ink onto the 3” x 3” Pear Pizzazz scrap.
- Punch the image using the coordinating Gift Bow Builder Punch.
- With Stampin’ Dimensionals, place the bow on the card front, on top of the sentiment piece, to the left of the print, as shown in the photo above.
- Create a bow with the Gold Cord. Attach to the top of the paper bow in the center with a Glue Dot.
- Attach the 5 ¼” x 4” Whisper White panel to the inside of the card.
Thank you for stopping by today! Please let me know if you have questions about this card or any other paper crafting project. I’d love to be you Stampin’ Up! demonstrator.
List of Products Used
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store.
Join me today as I show you how to use ink refills and baby wipes. There’s even a video at the end of the post.
Stampin’ Up!’s ink refills serve the primary purpose of reinking Stampin’ Up!’s Classic Ink Pads when they become dry after many uses. However, the refills can be used for other crafting projects such as water coloring and the baby wipe technique. (I recommend purchasing the refill with the pad so you have it on hand. It’s a great value for $3.75 per bottle.)
The baby wipe technique isn’t new. But it’s a fun one to reintroduce each year, especially in the fall. I love the way the colors can be used to mimic the changing foliage.
How to Use Ink Refills
For this card, I used the coordinating and rich colors of: Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Blackberry Bliss, and Cherry Cobbler.
I squirted a little bit of each color onto a folded baby wipe (be sure to protect your table with wax paper or an Acrylic Mat). Watch the video below for visual instructions. Press your stamp (I used a leaf from Stampinin’ Up!’s Rooted in Nature Stamp Set) into the ink on the wipe. Then stamp the image onto the card stock. You can change the color of the leaf by moving the stamp around on the baby wipe ink pad.
Here are the paper measurements:
- Blackberry Bliss: 8 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches scored at 4 1/4 inches for base, a 4 x 3 piece, and one cut with the Layering Ovals Die
- Very Vanilla: 5 1/4 inch x 4 inch for inside
- Cherry Cobbler: 5 1/4 x 4 inch, embossed with the Woodland Embossing Folder
- Shimmery White: 3 3/4 x 2 3/4 inches and 3 x 2 inches
- Linen Thread: 30 inches
This fun technique works with a variety of colors and stamp sets. Experiment and have fun. Please let me know if you have questions about this technique or other paper crafting cards. If you aren’t currently working with a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I’d love to be a part of your creative journey. Post a comment on this post or email me at: email@example.com.
List of Supplies
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store 24/7. I appreciate your support.