Just two weeks left of Stampin’ Up!’s SaleABration promotion. Receive your choice of free, exclusive stamp sets and patterned paper packages with minimum purchases of $50 and $100 (before tax and shipping). Click here to see a PDF copy of the SaleABration brochure.
The card featured above uses the Friendly Hello stamp set and Friendly Hello 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper. Get this combo free with a $100 order (before tax and shipping). What a card combination.
I used the components to create a pocket card. Here are some basic directions for creating the pocket card. (Be sure to watch the video below for step-by-step instructions). Read below to see a few more samples of this fun card design.
Friendly Hello Pocket Card
- Form the base with a piece of Pool Party card stock that measures 11 x 4 1/4 inches. Score at 1 1/4 inches and 5 1/2 inches.
- Round the edges with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Fold the card in half, and then fold the small piece down toward you.
- Adhere a piece of the patterned paper measuring 4 x 3 inches to the bottom. Glue another design measuring 1 4 x 4 inches on the small flap.
- With Tear and Tape, as close to each edge as possible. form the pocket. Tape the small flap down.
- Decorate with any stamp sets, dies, and inks you like. For this card, I stamped the Hello Friend sentiment in Memento Ink and die cut with a shape from the Tasteful Labels Dies. Add embellishments such as ribbons and jewels.
- Card insert: Colored, coordinating card stock border piece measures 5 x 3 inches and the Basic White measures 3 3/4 x 2 3/4 inches.
This pocket card uses two additional free SaleABration products: Catching Butterflies stamp set and Simply Marbelous 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper.
The above card uses the free SaleABration Daffodil Afternoon 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper and the medium daisy punch. Sentiment comes from the Catching Butterflies SaleABration stamp set.
Another pocket card. This one uses the free SaleABation Sunshine & Rainbows 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper. The sentiment comes from the Special Moments stamp set (free during SaleABration with a $100 order before tax and shipping).
Pocket Card Video
Thanks so much for reading my blog today. I hope you found some inspiration. As Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in Mesa, Arizona, I’m here to help you paper craft with rubber stamps, ink, and paper. Please sign up for my email newsletter by clicking here. I send two to three newsletters a month that include a free tutorial, video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news.
I used the following Stampin’ Up! products to create today’s card. Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store:
SaleABration runs through February 28. Here are the products available free with a minimum $50 purchase before tax and shipping.
The two items below are free with a $100 purchase before tax and shipping.
Last week, Stampin’ Up! debuted two brand-new catalogs: the January-June 2022 Mini Catalog and SaleABration. Both offer fun, new, and exciting products.
As a demonstrator, I was able to order many of the components of the Heart & Home Suite. It’s a robust suite that includes two stamp sets, two coordinating die cut sets, the Hive 3D Embossing Folder, Denim Ribbon, Classic Matte Dots, Heart & Home Doilies, memories and more cards and envelopes, and the Heart & Home Designer Series Paper (DSP).
Blessings of Home Card Sample
The card above uses the Blessings of Home stamp set in conjunction with the Heart & Home Designer 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper. The die cuts comes from the Stitched So Sweetly Die Cuts.
I’ve seen a lot of cards on Pinterest and Facebook that feature this “block” design for Designer Series Paper. It allows you to showcase three different designs all on one card. The large piece on the left measures 5 1/16 inch x 1 7/8 inch. The two squares on the right each measure 1 7/8 inch by 2 1/2 inches I can see using this design for all of the packages of awesome DSP Stampin’ Up! offers.
I used the coordinating colors of Pale Papaya, Fresh Freesia, and Garden Green.
Stayed tuned for Saturday’s blog post where I share a host of other card samples using this same suite!
Blessings of Home Card Sample
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. Looking for more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free email newsletter by clicking here. I send two to three newsletters a month that include a free tutorial, video and Stampin’ Up! news and updates.
Click on any of the graphics below to shop for the products used to create this card.
It’s so fun when Stampin’ Up! releases a teaser from upcoming catalogs. And, the Eden’s Garden Collection
is gorgeous. The elements from the collection are available now through January 3, 2022 (or while supplies last for the papers and the gems). The stamp set and dies will be available when the January-June 2022 Mini Catalog goes live January 4, 2022.
Beginning today (November 2, 2021), you can order the entire collection for $82 by clicking here. The collection includes:
- Eden’s Garden ($23), a 10-piece cling stamp set with awesome sentiments such as “Sending Hugs,” “Hello There,” and “Let’s Celebrate Everything.”
- Eden’s Dies ($35), set includes five versatile and fancy dies.
- Ever Eden 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper ($15). The gold hints and highlights really make this paper shine. This is a limited-edition release, so it’s only available while supplies last. You won’t find this in any upcoming catalog. I recommend purchasing at least one package: It’s gorgeous!
- Ever Eden Cotton Paper ($8), 10 sheets–five each of two colors: Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent. This is a limited edition release; only available while supplies last.
- Garden Gems ($7), 140 adhesive-backed gems in Cherry Cobbler and Soft Succulent. Available while supplies last.
You can purchase these items as a collection or each individually. Get a 10 percent discount when you buy the stamp set and dies as a bundle
Eden’s Garden Card Samples
Enjoy these samples I’ve created with a few of the pieces. Also, be sure to watch a replay of a Facebook live describing the collection contents and showing a variety of card samples.
Eden’s Garden Collection Video
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! I’m excited about this collection and all of the possibilities.
Be sure to sign up for my free email newsletter by clicking here. I send two to three free newsletters each month that include a free tutorial, video, and news up Stampin’ Up! happenings. Once you sign up, be sure to check your email for a verification from AWeber. They want to be sure you REALLY want my emails. Thanks!
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store. Please let me know if you have questions.
Have you seen Stampin’ Up!’s new Expressions in Ink Designer Series Paper? It’s been a very popular item since the catalog went live early May. The images just wow.
I tried a technique that can offer the same look. (Yes, I’m a little late to the party. Lots of other videos and card samples showcase the alcohol ink technique.) But I had to try to for myself. I paired the designs with Stampin’ Up!’s Sunny Sentiments stamp set. So excited to share all the finished cards!
This post features four of the cards I created with the set and technique. It works really well for backgrounds. Be sure to watch the video for a visual look of how I created these beautiful cards.
Here’s a quick recap of Sunny Sentiments meets alcohol ink technique:
- Started with Stampin’ Up!’s vellum card stock. I made it larger than I needed so I could die cut it to size.
- Scribbled, colored, drew on the vellum with Stampin’ Up!’ Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers. Use an color combination your heart desires.
- With a paint brush, dribble and touch rubbing alcohol (the 91 percent seems to work the best) onto the ink and watch the magic happen. You could also blow on it or use a straw to move the ink around.
- Be sure to play around with the different Stampin’ Blends colors to see all of the fun combinations you can make.
- Let the image dry and then stamp.
Enjoy these card samples. Try this technique yourself and see what happens.
Sunny Sentiments Meets Alcohol Inks Video
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you were inspired.
I’d love to have you join my free email newsletter. I send updates two to three times a month and include a free tutorial and Stampin’ Up! news and notes. Click here to subscribe and watch for in box for an email to confirm. (Be sure to check you spam folder.)
Click on the graphics below to shop directly from my online store:
I just love the excitement of a brand-new catalog. Stampin’ Up!’s 2021-2022 Annual Catalog officially debuts today. Click here to view a PDF copy. (Please contact me to receive your own hard copy of this beautiful catalog.)
Look for new stamp sets, die cuts, bundles, punches, patterned paper, ribbons, and more! Today, I’m sharing a free card tutorial using the Beauty of Friendship stamp set. (It’s offered in a bundle with the Beautiful Trees Dies for a 10 percent discount.)
This card features #simplestamping and goes together quickly.
Beauty of Friendship Card Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Beauty of Friendship (154983)
- PAPER – Bumblebee (153077), Mossy Meadow (133676), Basic White (159276), Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper (DSP) (155841)
- INK – Early Espresso (147114), Old Olive (147090), Mossy Meadow (147111)
- OTHER –Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Paper Snips (103579), Baker’s Twine Essential Pack (155475)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Bumblebee – 8 ½” x 5 ½” scored at 4 ¼”, 5” x ¼”
- Basic White – 5” x 3 ¾”
- Mossy Meadow – 5 ¼” x 4”
- DSP – 5” x 1”
- Baker’s Twine – 5”
- Fold the 8 ½” x 5 ½” Bumblebee cardstock in half.
- Ink the tree trunk from the Beauty of Friendship stamp set with Early Espresso ink and stamp on the front of the white cardstock, closer to the right side, as shown in the card above.
- Stamp one of the smaller foliage images with Mossy Meadow ink on the tree branches. Stamp the other image with Mossy Meadow directly on top of the first. This is called two-step stamping.
- Ink the shadow/ground stamp with Old Olive and stamp at the bottom of the tree trunk.
- Choose a sentiment and stamp it at the bottom of the card with Mossy Meadow ink.
- Afix the DSP piece to the front of the white piece, aligning it directly with the left edge.
- Place the Bumblebee strip next to the DSP.
- With Stampin’ Seal or your choice of adhesive, place the white cardstock onto the Mossy Meadow panel.
- Afix this whole piece to the Bumblebee base.
- Tie a bow with the Baker’s Twine and place on the front of the tree with a Glue Dot.
Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check back often to see samples from this great catalog.
Click on any of the graphic below to shop directly from my online store 24/7.