I hope you enjoy this free tutorial for the Under My Umbrella bundle!
Under My Umbrella
Even though Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 January-June Mini Catalog came out early January, there are still a lot of stamp sets and goodies to enjoy. Under My Umbrella Bundle, found on page 42, offers a fun stamp set and punch combination. This card and tutorial was created by Judy Garza.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Under My Umbrella (151518), Under My Umbrella Bundle (153786)
- PAPER Pool Party Cardstock (122924), Calypso Coral Cardstock (122925), Whisper White Thick Cardstock (140272), Whisper White Cardstock (100730), Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper(DSP) (153558)
- INK – Early Espresso Ink Pad (119686)
- STAMPIN’ BLENDS: Dk Calypso Coral (144044), Dk Daffodil Delight (144585), Dk. Petal Pink (146871), Light Old Olive (144574)
- OTHER- Umbrella Builder Punch (151293), Stitched So Sweetly Dies (151690), Corrugated 3D Embossing Folder (151811), Paper Snips (103579), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220), Crushed Curry 3/8” Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (149444), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Pool Party – 11” x 4 ¼”, score at 5 ½”, 3 7/8” x 5 3/8”.
- Calypso Coral – 4 ¼” x 3 1/8”.
- Whisper White – 4 ¼” x 3”, 5 ¼” x 4” (inside)
- Dry-emboss Pool Party panel and adhere to the card front.
- Use the largest scallop rectangle die to die-cut smaller Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamp and punch an umbrella from the DSP. TIP: It is easier to punch the umbrella then, using a self-made template, stamp the umbrella using the Stamparatus.
- Position the umbrella on the scallop rectangle and lightly pencil-trace the top outline. (This is to aid with positioning the flower stamps. Be sure to pencil in the outside tips)
- Use Early Espresso ink to stamp the two floral images a total of three times, making sure they do not extend past the outer ends of the umbrella. It is ok if some fall over the top line as they will be covered.
- Stamp one each of the two floral images onto a scrap of Whisper White. Use Blends to color all the flowers and leaves, as shown. Then, fussy cut the extra images.
- Glue the umbrella under the flowers (where the pencil marks are).
- Stamp the sentiment in the upper left corner. Glue the umbrella handle, as shown.
- Strategically dimensional one (or two) of the extra flower cluster images to cover up any gaps in stamped flowers.
- Glue the focal panel to the Calypso Coral panel then dimensional the unit to the center of the card front.
- Make a bow and add to the upper right corner with a glue dot.
- Finally, add rhinestones to the larger flower centers.
Products Used to Create This Card
Sharing an Easter card idea, refreshed and updated from a card I created last year. See the details below.
I created a version of this Easter card last year. See the previous card here. I’ve made a couple of changes using current Stampin’ Up! products. It’s just a fun, springy card to send to anyone!
Here’s what I used:
- Timeless Tulips stamp set (found on page 43 of Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2020 Mini Catalog.)
- Waterfront stamp set (for the sprinkles)
- Daisy Punch
- Grapefruit Grove, Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather and Daffodil Delight card stock
- 6 x 6 In Color 2018-2020 Designer Series Paper
- Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
Two Weeks Left to Sale-A-Brate
Stampin’ Up!’s most fun promotion of the year is coming to end. The last day to get FREE items with your purchases of $50 and $100 is March 31. (If you see something you like, get it sooner rather than later as a number of items have been so popular and are sold out.)
Remember: There are three ways to Sale-A-Brate:
Shop: Spend $50 and $100 and choose free product such as exclusive stamp sets, Designer Series Paper, and more. At the end of this post, I’ve included the offerings for both the $50 spend selections and the $100 spend selections.
Host: Host a party (this can even be done online) with $300 in sales or purchase $300 (great time to stock up on those supplies) and receive the free Ladybug stamp set.
Join: This is Stampin’ Up!’s ultimate bundle! For just $99, receive your choice of $125 in product (that’s your choice) and it’s shipped free. In addition, get a free mini paper cutter and a 6 x 6 sampler package of Designer Series Paper. And, there’s more. Also receive one additional stamp set of your choice FREE. Then, just enjoy your discount. There is no obligation or requirement to host parties or workshops or sell to anyone else. What do you have to lose? Have questions? Please contact me; I’d love to chat.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s card. Thanks for stopping by today.
Free with a $50 purchase:
Free with a $100 purchase:
Welcome to the Stampin’ Up! Maui Achievers Blog Hop. I’m featuring the Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper.
Maui Achievers Blog Hop is live! We are a group of Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrators from around the world who have achieved the Stampin’ Up! bonus of the Maui trip. We want to celebrate this achievement by organizing a monthly hop which helps us to continue to inspire you creatively.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way there is a list at the end of this post to help you move around all the different blogs and get many amazing ideas. Be sure to visit them all.
Stampin’ Up! Please As Punch Designer Series Paper
The card I’m sharing today uses the Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper. It’s part of Stampin’ Up!’s Coordination Product Release. This is a limited-time release. It’s 12 sheets of patterned paper: 3 each of 4 double-sided designs–umbrellas, hearts, flowers, and tulips. All of the designs coordinate with one of Stampin’ Up!’s current punches. This makes card making so easy! The coordinating colors are Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, and Whisper White.
Here are some of the ingredients I used:
- Whisper White card base
- Basic Black card stock
- Gorgeous Grape card stock
- 6 x 6 Brights Collection Designer Series Paper
- Pleased as Punch Designer Series
- Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set
- Gorgeous Grape ink pad
- Heart Punch
- Classic Label Punch
- Stitched Shape Framelits
- Layering Squares Framelits
- Whisper White 1/4-inch Crinkled Seam Binding colored with Highland Heather Dark Stampin’ Blend Marker
Click on any of the links at the very end of this post to be taken directly to my online store to purchase these products.
Click on these links below to visit all of the blogs on the hop. Look for a variety of awesome cards created by talented demonstrators.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoy all of the projects!
The Team Stamp It Valentine’s Day Blog Hop is now live! Thanks for joining us today! Whether you’ve started here on my blog or have come from another, be sure to visit them all and leave a comment with the #stampitcontest to be entered for a prize drawing. There are so many samples using a variety of rubber stamps, ink, and paper.
Our theme this month is Valentine’s Day and love. My card features elements from the Heartfelt Bundle.
Stampin’ Up! Heartfelt Bundle/Valentine’s Day
Stampin’ Up!’s From My Heart Suite of products offers a lot of fun elements to make your Valentine creations — including the Heartfelt stamp set, From My Heart Specialty Designer Series Paper, Heart Punch Pack, and the Heart Doilies. I also used a touch of Silver Foil to add interest.
I started with a base of Flirty Flamingo card stock, added a layer of Real Red card stock, a piece of From My Heart DSP, a red Doily, a Silver Foil strip (punched with the Banner Triple Punch), a heart punched out of Flirty Flamingo with the Heart Scallop Punch, and finally, the Real Red heart. It goest together quickly and easily.
Remember, Stampin’ Up!’s most exciting sale of the year is ongoing — now through the end of March. For each $50 and $100 purchase (before tax and shipping), receive your choice of a free, exclusive item. There are fun stamp sets, awesome Designer Series Paper, and more.
Here’s a link to the brochure: 2020 Sale-A-Bration
In addition to Stampin’ Up!’s promotion, I’m offering a personal ordering incentive. Order a total of $150 (before tax and shipping) throughout Sale-A-Bration and receive $15 worth of free product. Spend $200 and get $20 in free product. Spend $300 and get $35 in product. It’s my way of thanking you for shopping with me.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Below is a list of participating blogs and beyond that is a list of products used for today’s card. Click on any of the graphics to be taken directly to my online store where you can shop 24/7.
Congrats to last months’ winner: Karen Bongartz
Welcome to the Stampin’ Friends Birthday Bash Blog Hop. This month’s hop features birthday cards. Everyone has a birthday, and we always need inspiration. If you are following along on the hop, you have arrived from Lisa Ann Bernard’s blog. Be sure to read through my blog, comment below, and continue to Heidi Collins’ blog.
Here are the projects I created for this month’s hop.
Stampin’ Up! Tropical Oasis Suite
My inspiration comes from many places, and a version of today’s card can be found in Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2020 Mini Catalog. It uses brand-new items from the Tropical Oasis Suite found on pages 38-40. There are many fun, beachy, tropical elements to the suite: from the stamp set to coordinating dies, the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder, Braided Burlap Trim, and the ever-so-cute Tropical Oasis Trinkets.
Here’s a link to the catalog: January-June 2020 Mini Catalog.
i just love everything tropical, so this suite spoke to me. My favorite flamingo images can be found on a couple of sheets of 12 x 12 paper included in the Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper. This birthday card could be used for both males and females.
The card is layered on a Crumb Cake base and includes a patterned piece from the Tropical Oasis DSP. I stamped the palm trees (found in the Timeless Tropical stamp set) with Early Espresso ink and cropped them with the palm tree die from the In the Tropics Dies. The birthday sentiment is stamped with Pretty Peacock ink onto Whisper White card stock. I punched the image with Stampin’ Up!’s Timeless Label Punch. I added a small strip of Mango Melody for some color and added a bit of Linen Thread tied in a bow.
In addition to the birthday card, I decorated one of Stampin’ Up’s Mini Pizza Boxes. This 3D item makes a perfect gift card holder!
I carried the birthday card design to the box, using pieces of the Tropical Oasis DSP, the palm trees, and the sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by the Stampin’ Friends Blog Hop today. Please let me know if you have any questions about the card or the pizza box. I’m happy to help. Look for a list of products used (and links to my online store) at the very end of today’s post.
A list of all the blogs is below. Lots of great ideas!