Want to use your Boho Indigo Scraps (or any scraps) with a fun embossing technique? Keep reading.
I love Stampin’ Up!’s Boho Indigo Product Medley. Find it on page 9 of Stampin’ Up!’s 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. The Night of Navy and Midnight Muse colors call to me! I’ve used the medley in a ton of card projects. Click on the links below to look at past posts, samples, and projects.
Birthday card samples
Sorry You’re Feeling Blue Card and Projects
A Fun Fold
A Gift Card Holder (with video)
Five Birthday Card Samples
After all of that creating, I have a lot of scraps and small pieces. The technique I show today isn’t new. I resurrected it for this beautiful designer series paper and its scraps!
- Using Stampin’ Up!’s 1 1/2-inch circle punch, punch a variety of different designs from both sides of the patterned paper
- Arrange the circles onto a a piece of Very Vanilla card stock or Midnight Muse card stock.
- Glue the circles down with multipurpose glue.It’s OK if some of them go off the edge of the base.
- Let it dry.
- Run the whole piece through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine with your choice of embossing folders. I used Stampin’ Up!’s Tin Tile and Dainty Diamonds.
- Trim the edges if any of the circles overlap.
- Layer onto a coordinating card stock and then a card base.
- Add a sentiment of your choice.
- You could dress up with ribbon or other embellishments.
Boho Indigo Scraps and Embossing Video
Be sure to watch the video below to see me work through this card. I hope you love this technique. Changing the embossing folders gives your cards a different look. Think of all of the possibilities with all of Stampin’ Up!’s different designer series papers. I’m sure you have a pile of scraps that would worth for this.
Thank for stopping by today. Click on the graphics below to shop directly from my online store.
Sharing a card using Stampin’ Up!’s Christmas Gleaming stamp set and #simplestamping.
Each month, Stampin’ Up! issues a #simplestamping challenge. In September, it calls for stamps, ink, paper, and punches with a holiday theme to create a card that’s easily made with just a few products. The idea is to go back to the very basics of making handmade greeting cards. Hand-stamped cards don’t have to have a trillion layers with a ton of embellishments to be beautiful and heartfelt.
By nature, I see myself as a #simplestamper. I love to make clean and simple cards that anyone can re-create on their own at home. When I attended my first stamping presentation more than 22 years ago, we could only watch as the demonstrator showed us how to use the products. It looked like so much fun. But, I seriously questioned my skill level.
Not at all crafty, I was the kid who rushed through every art project just to be the first one finished. Surely, the projects weren’t quite refrigerator worthy. I was the kid who sat under the table at a craft show, not allowed to touch anything. I didn’t think rubber stamping and crafting were meant for me. But, the demonstrator was so kind. She said: “It’s handmade. It doesn’t have to be perfect.” From that day, I’ve taken her words to heart. That’s how I craft and teach my classes. I love the joy I see when someone makes their first handmade card, and it was easy peasy.
Christmas Gleaming #simplestamping card
Stampin’ Up! first introduced the Christmas Gleaming Bundle in its 2019 Holiday Card. The suite of products was so popular, they brought it back for another year. That doesn’t happen very often. You now get a second chance to get your hands on this fun products.
This card uses the following Stampin’ Up!’ products:
- Very Vanilla Notecards and Envelopes
- Christmas Gleaming stamp set
- Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack
- 2 1/4-inch Circle Punch
- Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper
- Very Vanilla scraps
- Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Brushed Metallic Card Stock
Find the Christmas Gleaming Variety Bundle on page 19 of Stampin’ Up!’s August-December 2020 Mini Catalog.
Thanks for stopping by today and reading my story! I hope you find joy in your crafting journey!
Keep reading to see my Beautiful Autumn fall card created for Team Stamp It’s August Blog Hop.
Welcome to Team Stamp It’s Blog Hop! Thank you for joining us. This hop showcases fall-themed cards and projects. Be sure to visit all of the hops to get a host (20+) of creative ideas. Leave a comment with the hashtag #stampitcontest. You could win a Looking Up Card Kit.The list of hoppers follows the information about the card I created for today’s hop.
Beautiful Autumn Fall Card
Stampin’ Up!’s August-December 2020 Mini Catalog contains so many beautiful and wonderful options for the creation of fall handmade greeting cards and and other projects. I purchased the entire Gilded Autumn Suite. It comes with:
- Beautiful Autumn photopolymer stamp set;
- Autumn Punch Pack, a set of three mini punches consisting of an acorn and two leaves;
- Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper;
- Brushed Metallic (bronze, copper, and gold) Metallic 12 x 12 cardstock;
- Acorn Trinkets;
- Basket Weave & Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack.
Other Stampin’ Up! Supplies
- Thick Very Vanilla card base: 11 x 4 1/2 inches, scored at 5 1/2 inches;
- Cajun Craze cardstcok: 5 1/4 x 4 inches;
- Very Vanilla, 5 x 3 3/4 inches embossed with the Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder;
- Largest scallop circle from Layering Circles Dies to die cut metallic gold;
- Largest stitched circle from Stitched Shapes to die cut Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper;
- Cajun Craze ink to stamp the sentiment;
- Die from Stitched Nested Labels to die cut sentiment.
My style tends toward clean and simple. I just love the simplicity and the beauty of how all of the elements work together. Please let me know if you have questions about this card or anything else related to papercrafting.
Thank you for stopping by today! Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop today. More than 20 stampers are participating. That’s a load of inspiration for you. Leave a comment for a chance to win a free card kit. Congratulations to last month’s winner: Donna Billingsley.
List of Blog Hoppers
Links to Products Used to Create the Beautiful Autumn Fall Card
Please enjoy this Gilded Autumn Suite Card sample.
Some days, card-making inspiration flows smoothly. No sooner do I get one card designed when another idea pops into my head. I love those days when it seems creativity never ends. However, sometimes the mojo is missing. Today is one of those days. (And, let me tell you, it’s certainly not from lack of stamp sets and dies and punches and Designer Series Paper. I have plenty of that! And then some!)
I knew I wanted to use items from Stampin’ Up!’s Gilded Autumn Suite. Find it on page 45 of the August-December 2020 Mini Catalog. The Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper (DSP) includes an array of gorgeous designs — almost too good to use! I also love that the shapes in the Autumn Punch Pack punch the leaves from several sheets of the DSP. The foil accents really make several of these sheets shine!
Gilded Autumn Suite Card Sample
- This card uses a base of Very Vanilla thick card stock. I love the thick card stock for bases.
- The next layer is a piece of the Mint Macaron DSP with foiled leaves.
- I embossed a piece of Early Espresso card stock with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder and attached it to one of the foil pieces included in the Brushed Metallic Package.
- Stamped the sentiment with Early Espresso and placed it on top of the embossed piece.
- Used a piece of the Copper Metallic ribbon across the front.
- Adorned with leaves cut from the DSP and the Metallic Paper.
I know this card is just the start of all the wonderful cards to be created with the suite of products. Now I have to go clean the mess off the dining room table.
Thanks for stopping by today! I’d love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator if you aren’t already working with one. Leave a comment below or send me an email at email@example.com
Welcome to the Maui Achievers July Blog Hop!
We’re a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world who have achieved the Stampin’ Up! bonus of the Maui incentive trip. We celebrate this achievement by organizing a monthly hop which helps us to continue to inspire you creatively.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way, there’s a list at the end of this post to help you move around all the different blogs and get many amazing ideas. We all have our country listed – so if you’re looking for a demonstrator, these are top demonstrators in their country who would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! shopping or if you’d like to join our Stampin’ Up! teams. Be sure to visit all of the blogs and leave a comment.
Painted Poppies Congratulations Card
The products I used include:
I punched Whisper White card stock with the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch, stamped the poppy with Memento Black ink on each panel, and colored the flowers with Petal Pink and Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blends.
This combination of products makes a beautiful congratulations card perfect for a wedding or anniversary or other special event.
Earn in July, Spend in August
Remember, Stampin’ Up!’s Bonus Days promotion runs through August 3. For each $50 purchase before tax and shipping receive a $5 coupon code to redeem on product August 4 – August 31. Earn as many codes as you like, and redeem as many codes as you like. Codes are delivered via email, so be sure to have a valid email and record your codes for future redemption.
Thanks for visiting my blog today. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the Maui Achievers July Blog Hop and leave a comment on each.