Do you remember Valentine’s Day as a youngster? I folded a piece of red construction paper in half and cut the shape of the heart. And, then I decorated it and gave it away. Of course, I signed it with the obligatory “Love, Kim.”
I also remember decorating shoe boxes to collect the little Valentine cards we collected in school.
Paper crafting has certainly come a long way in the last fifty years! We have access to awesome rubber stamps, coordinating punches and die cuts, beautiful Designer Series Paper, and much more.
Valentine’s Day is one of the largest card-sending holidays of the year. Are you ready? Today I’m sharing a sampling of cards using a variety of current Stampin’ Up! product.
Also, enjoy the video inserted at the end of this blog post. I showcase an array of cards and make one with the Hearts & Kisses Bundle.
2021 Valentine’s Day Card Samples
The cards featured here use a range of supplies from Stampin’ Up’s Annual Catalog and January-June 2021 Mini Catalog.
From the Annual Catalog:
- Meant to Be stamp set
- Coordinating Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Heart Punch Pack
- Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder
- Memento Black, Rococo Rose, and Blushing Bride ink and card stock
From the mini catalog:
- Hearts and Kisses stamp set
- Kiss Punch
- Love You Always Designer Series Paper
- Love You Always Foil Sheets
- Blushing Bride Metallic Ribbon
- Matte Black Dots
I heat embossed the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings with white embossing powder.
I did a bit of white heat embossing to make the sentiment pop.
For the background, I used the “splotch” from the Hearts & Kisses stamp set. I inked it in Blushing Bride and stamped “off” on scratch paper before making the background.
More white heat embossing to make the sentiment pop! Isn’t the foil paper gorgeous?
Take a look at this video that shares a bit more information about the card.
2021 Valentine’s Day Card Samples Video
Thanks for stopping by today!
Today’s card features two of my favorite products from Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. The Friendly Flamingo Bundle and the Blending Brushes.
I created a fun background with the Blending Brushes found on page 62. You receive three brushes for $12. I’ve included a free tutorial below and a video showing how I used the brushes to create several backgrounds.
Blending Brush Card Sample Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Friendly Flamingo Bundle (156212), Timeless Tropical (151497)
- PAPER – Basic White (159276), Calypso Coral (122925), Bermuda Bay (131197)
- INK – Calypso Coral (147101), Bermuda Bay (147096), Crumb Cake (147116), Misty Moonlight (153118), Bumblebee (153116)
- OTHER –Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Pearl Basic Jewels (144220), Blending Brushes (153611), Adhesive Sheets (152334)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Bermuda Bay – 8 ½” 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, 4 ½” x 3 ¼”
- Basic White – 5 ¼” x 4”, 4 ¼” x 3”, 4” x 3”, scrap
- Calypso Coral – 5 ¼” x 4”
- Fold the Bermuda Bay card stock in half on the score line.
- Stamp the palm tree (focusing on the fronds only) from the Timeless Tropical stamp set with Calypso Coral ink around the edges of the Calypso Coral 5 ¼” x 4” piece of card stock.
- Adhere this stamped Calypso Coral piece onto the Bermuda Bay base.
- Using the Blending Brushes, and using one color at a time, apply the Crumb Cake, Misty Moonlight, and Bumblebee ink onto the 4 ¼” x 3” piece of Basic White card stock, starting from the bottom and working up.
- Layer the Adhesive Sheet onto the 4” x3” Basic White card stock.
- Stamp the flamingo image from the Friendly Flamingo stamp set onto that piece. Die cut with coordinating die.
- With Calypso Coral ink, stamp the “Just Be You” sentiment in the upper left-hand corner of the blended piece.
- Remove the adhesive backing from the flamingo and adhere the image to the blended piece with the sentiment.
- Adhere this piece onto the 4 ½ x 3 ¼” Bermuda Bay card stock.
- Using Stampin’ Seal or Glue Dots, place this onto the Bermuda Bay/Calypso Coral base.
- Stamp a small flower from the Friendly Flamingo stamp set on the Basic White scrap with Bermuda Bay ink.
- Die cut with coordinating die.
- Adhere flower to the flamingo’s neck.
- Embellish with a Pearl Basic Jewel.
- Add the 5 ¼” x 4” Basic White card stock to the inside of the card.
Please enjoy this video showing you a how I used the brushes and some ideas for handmade greeting cards.
Thank you for visiting my blog today. I’d love to include you on my email newsletter list. Click here to subscribe.
Blending Brush Card Sample–List of Products Used
Click on any of the photo graphics below to go directly to my online store to shop 24/7.
Welcome to the Maui Achievers January Blog Hop!
Welcome to the Maui Achievers January Blog Hop. We’re a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world who have achieved the Stampin’ Up! bonus of the Maui incentive trip. We celebrate this achievement by organizing a monthly hop which helps us continue to inspire you creatively.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way there’s a list at the end of this post to help you move around all the different blogs and get many amazing ideas. We all have our country listed – so if you’re looking for a demonstrator, these are top demonstrators in their country and would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! shopping or if you’d like to join our Stampin’ Up! teams. Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment. We love to hear from you.
Blending Brush Backgrounds
Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2021 Mini Catalog features a host of brand-new products. It includes everything from exclusive stamp sets, coordinating dies and punches, Designer Series Paper, ribbon, embellishments, and tools.
The Blending Brushes (on page 70) offer a new opportunity to add dimension to your paper crafting projects. These brushes lend themselves to a host of techniques. I’ve started using these velvety soft brushes to create backgrounds.
The card above uses elements from the Flowering Cactus Product Medley. I’ve been “stuck” on the medley and thought the blending brushes create a beautiful background (just like the desert sunsets). The cactus sits against a soft scene created with Crumb Cake, Misty Moonlight, and Bumblebee ink sponged on with the brushes.
The card above features two stamps each available free with a $50 purchase (before tax and shipping) during Stampin’ Up’s SaleABration promotion. (Card inspired by Theresa Huffman). Working from the bottom up, the blended colors are Misty Moonlight, Calypso Coral, and Bumblebee. I just love the soft effect delivered with the use of the Blending Brushes.
Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to visit all of the sites on the Maui Achievers January Blog Hop.
Maui Achievers January Blog Hop Participants
List of Product Used
Click on any of the photo graphics below to go directly to my online store to shop 24/7. I appreciate your support!
Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration promotion has always been my favorite time of the year. It’s so exciting! Before I became a demonstrator, I saved my birthday and Christmas money. I splurged and received a bunch of new stamp sets and other crafting products. Who doesn’t love free product?
It’s that time again! Receive your choice of free and exclusive product when you make minimum purchases of $50 and $100. The promotion runs through February 28 and includes nine different stamp sets and Designer Series Paper. The selections make it easy for you to create a variety of cards for varying occasions. Here’s a PDF of the catalog. If you want a hard copy, please contact me.
The card above uses the Approaching Perfection stamp set and Oh, So Ombre 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper. Both are available with $50 purchases (before tax and shipping).
Approaching Perfection Free Stamp Set
- Blackberry Bliss card stock base
- Calypso Coral Layer – 5 1/4 x 4 inches
- Oh, So Ombre DSP – 5 x 3 3/4 inches
- Calypso Coral strip – 5 x 1 1/2 inches
- Oh, So Ombre strip – 5 x 1 1/4 inches
- Layering Circles
- Stitched Shapes
- Calypso Coral ink
Be sure to watch the video below to see how I accomplished the masking technique and the ink to stamp technique.
Here are a few more card samples using this set. I have a bunch of birthdays this month, so these cards will be put to good use.
This card using the Granny Apple Green design of the Oh, So Ombre DSP. I colored the ribbon with Stampin’ Up!’s Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends.
I added Night of Navy card stock and Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels with the die cut from Stitched So Sweetly.
Definitely a #simplestamping card here. Rubber stamps, ink, and paper in Petal Pink and Night of Navy.
Another #simplestamping card using a free Sale-A-Bration item: Paper Blooms.
Approaching Perfection Free Stamp Set Video
Thanks for stopping by today! I appreciate your time! If you’re not currently working with another Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I’d love to help you in your paper crafting journey.
Click on any of the images below to shop directly from my online store 24/7.
I have a confession! I’m a flamingo fanatic! Yes, these beautiful creatures speak to me. Well, not literally. But I love them. Of course, I’m excited about Stampin’ Up!’s new bundle, Friendly Flamingo. It’s available beginning today in the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog.
Today, I’m sharing cards samples and a video featuring this stamp set and its coordinating dies.
Usually, I’m a Pinterest girl. When I get a new stamp set, I go to Pinterest and see what cute things everyone else has made with the set. Then, I find a sample that inspires, and I get to work.
However, this time I just started created. I let the process work itself. One idea led to another, and soon I had a handful of cards ready to send. I’ve just scratched the surface with the cards I’m showing you today. In the next few months, look for additional techniques and cards featuring the fun bundle.
Friendly Flamingo Card Samples
Enjoy these samples. I used Stampin’ Up!’s colors of Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, and Magenta Madness. Look for a shopping list at the end of this post. Please contact me if you have any questions about products or techniques.
The card above features Flirty Flamingo card stock and ink. I colored the pearls with Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends. The Embossing Folder is Tasteful Textile 3D.
The above card is created on Stampin’ Up!’s note cards and envelopes (20 pre cut and scored note cards for $7). These are an awesome option when you need to create quick cards. The featured colors are Magenta Madness and Just Jade.
This card uses Melon Mambo as its base color.
Love that Designer Series Paper on the card above? Get it (and four other packages FREE) when you purchase Stampin’ Up!’s Start Kit for just $99 + tax. Shipping is free. Choose $125 worth of ANY product and get 200 sheets of free DSP.
Friendly Flamingo Card Samples Video
Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate you!
Do you know I send email newsletters? Click here to subscribe.
Click on any the pictures below to shop directly from my online store. Please let me know if you have questions about the cards or other catalogs.