I created a fun background with the Blending Brushes found on page 62. You receive three brushes for $12. I’ve included a free tutorial below and a video showing how I used the brushes to create several backgrounds.
Blending Brush Card Sample Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Friendly Flamingo Bundle (156212), Timeless Tropical (151497)
- PAPER – Basic White (159276), Calypso Coral (122925), Bermuda Bay (131197)
- INK – Calypso Coral (147101), Bermuda Bay (147096), Crumb Cake (147116), Misty Moonlight (153118), Bumblebee (153116)
- OTHER –Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Pearl Basic Jewels (144220), Blending Brushes (153611), Adhesive Sheets (152334)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Bermuda Bay – 8 ½” 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, 4 ½” x 3 ¼”
- Basic White – 5 ¼” x 4”, 4 ¼” x 3”, 4” x 3”, scrap
- Calypso Coral – 5 ¼” x 4”
- Fold the Bermuda Bay card stock in half on the score line.
- Stamp the palm tree (focusing on the fronds only) from the Timeless Tropical stamp set with Calypso Coral ink around the edges of the Calypso Coral 5 ¼” x 4” piece of card stock.
- Adhere this stamped Calypso Coral piece onto the Bermuda Bay base.
- Using the Blending Brushes, and using one color at a time, apply the Crumb Cake, Misty Moonlight, and Bumblebee ink onto the 4 ¼” x 3” piece of Basic White card stock, starting from the bottom and working up.
- Layer the Adhesive Sheet onto the 4” x3” Basic White card stock.
- Stamp the flamingo image from the Friendly Flamingo stamp set onto that piece. Die cut with coordinating die.
- With Calypso Coral ink, stamp the “Just Be You” sentiment in the upper left-hand corner of the blended piece.
- Remove the adhesive backing from the flamingo and adhere the image to the blended piece with the sentiment.
- Adhere this piece onto the 4 ½ x 3 ¼” Bermuda Bay card stock.
- Using Stampin’ Seal or Glue Dots, place this onto the Bermuda Bay/Calypso Coral base.
- Stamp a small flower from the Friendly Flamingo stamp set on the Basic White scrap with Bermuda Bay ink.
- Die cut with coordinating die.
- Adhere flower to the flamingo’s neck.
- Embellish with a Pearl Basic Jewel.
- Add the 5 ¼” x 4” Basic White card stock to the inside of the card.
Please enjoy this video showing you a how I used the brushes and some ideas for handmade greeting cards.
Thank you for visiting my blog today. I’d love to include you on my email newsletter list. Click here to subscribe.
Blending Brush Card Sample–List of Products Used
Click on any of the photo graphics below to go directly to my online store to shop 24/7.