When we think about creating fall-themed cards, it’s a good time to pull out the baby wipe technique. Although it can be used for other themes, this technique lends itself really well for fall.
What is the baby wipe technique? (Be sure to watch the video below to see step-by-step visual instructions for making this technique come to life.) But here’s the crux of it:
- Layer a couple of baby wipes on a Silicone Craft Sheet
- Drip a few drops of reinker of desired colors on the baby wipe. For this card, I used Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, and Cherry Cobbler. Make sure to cover the area the size of the stamp.
- Use the baby wipe as your ink pad. Press the stamp onto the wipe and then stamp on your card stock.
Gorgeously Made Baby Wipe Technique
For today’s card, I used the large leaf stamp from Stampin’ Up!’s Gorgeously Made stamp set. Here are some other details that may help you create this card at home:
- Thick Very Vanilla Card Stock Base measuring 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
- Very Vanilla Card Stock layer die cut with Deckled Rectangle Dies and run through the Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder (an Online Exclusive)
- Cherry Cobbler Card Stock layer cut with Deckled Rectangle Dies
- Very Vanilla Card Stock layer stamped used the baby wipe technique and die cut with Deckled Rectangle
- Sentiment from Something Fancy
- Festive Pearls
- Simply Elegant Gold Trim
How to Video
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! I hope you’re inspired to try this fun baby wipe technique at home. Get more inspiration by subscribing to my free, email newsletter. I send two to three newsletters each month that include a free card making tutorial, paper crafting video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and specials. Click here. Then check your email for a message from Aweber asking you to confirm your subscription. They want to be sure you really wish to receive my messages. Thanks!
Click on any of the images below to shop from my online store to get the products used to create this card.