Do you like to stretch the limits of a bundle? If you’re like me, you love it when you can use a stamp set and the coordinating dies for more than one reason. The Ginkgo Branch Bundle has been on my craft table for the last couple of weeks. Initially, it looks as if it’s geared only toward thinking of you and sympathy cards. And, it works great for that. Click here to see a post that showcases three of these cards using this bundle.
But I’ve also used it to create birthday cards. See another example here. And, today, I share a free birthday card tutorial featuring the Ginkgo Branch Bundle. Please enjoy the step-by-step instructions for creating this gorgeous, handmade birthday card.
Ginkgo Branch Free Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Peaceful Moments (151595)
- PAPER – Tahitian Tide Cardstock (159261), Petal Pink (146985), Basic White Cardstock (159276), 2022-2024 In Color Glimmer Paper (159246), Country Gingham 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper (DSP) (160388)
- INK – Versamark (102283)
- OTHER – Ginkgo Branch Dies (160468), Tahitian Tide 1/8” Metallic Woven Ribbon (159197), Stylish Shapes Dies (159183), Enamel Dot Essentials (160751), Basics Embossing Powder (155554), Heat Tool (129053), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Take Your Pick Tool (144107), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Tahitian Tide Cardstock — 8 ½” x 5 ½” (scored at 4 ¼”) and 4 ¼” x 3 ¼”
- Tahitian Tide Glimmer Paper – 4 ¼” x 3 ¼”
- Basic White Cardstock – 5 ¼” x 4”
- Petal Pink Cardstock – 2” x 2”
- DSP – 5 ¼” x 4” (Petal Pink design), 4” x 3” (a different Petal Pink design)
- Ribbon – 12”
- Die cut the open flower die from the Ginkgo Branch Bundle from the Tahitian Tide Glimmer Paper.
- Attach to Petal Pink 4” x 3” DSP panel by placing Glue Dots beneath the solid flowers.
- Glue this piece to the Tahitian Tide 4 ¼” 3 ¼” piece.
- Wrap the ribbon around this layer and tie a bow.
- Stamp the birthday sentiment in Versarmark on the 2” x 2” square and heat emboss with white embossing powder. Die cut with a circle from the Stylish Shapes Dies.
- With Stampin’ Dimensionals, attach the sentiment on top of the leaves die cut and ribbon on the right-hand side, as shown above.
- Attach the 5 ¼” x 4” DSP to the card front.
- Place the image layer on the card front with your choice of adhesive.
- Add three white Enamel Dot Essentials to the card front with the Take Your Pick Tool.
- Adhere the 5 ¼” x 4” Basic White panel to the inside of the card.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Need more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free, email newsletter. I send two to three newsletters each month that include a free card making tutorial, paper crafting video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and specials. Click here. Then check your email for a message from AWeber. They want to confirm you wish to receive my messages.
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store: