As crafters, we seem to have our own language. We throw out terms like emboss, die cut, DSP (designer series paper), mats, blends, and more. It’s the same for the abbreviation OSW or One-Sheet Wonder. (Be sure to watch the video below — a Facebook live replay — to see how I approached this project.)
What is a One-Sheet Wonder?
It’s a technique where you use one sheet of either 6 x 6 or 12 x 12 patterned paper. You cut it up into strips or pieces and use those pieces to create your handmade greeting cards.
Create your own cutting pattern or find one online (Pinterest is a good source) by simply searching “one-sheet wonder.” I found this pattern below and used it to create a set of cards with one 6 x 6 design from Stampin’ Up!’s Flowering Cactus medley.
Why Create a One-Sheet Wonder?
As paper crafters, we tend to be paper hoarders. We buy all this wonderful paper, because, well, it’s wonderful! Sometimes it’s difficult to grab the courage to cut it up and use it.
Also, this technique works well when you’ve lost your mojo and need inspiration to get started on a project. Simply choose a package or a sheet of paper that catches your eye, follow the cuttings directions, and let your creativity flow.
Then, when you’ve finished the cards, you now have samples or templates to use the next time you need inspiration.
I challenge you to try this creative technique. Have questions? Please contact me. I’d love to help.
Thanks for stopping by today. Click on any of the links below to shop directly from my online store.
I’ve created an Art Gallery Easter card for today’s Team Stamp It’s Blog Hop.
Thanks for joining us today! As members of Team Stamp It, we’re sharing a great variety of Easter cards and projects. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop. Leave a comment with the hashtag #stampitcontest. It gives you a chance to win a Here’s to You Card Kit.
Art Gallery Easter Card
My card uses products from Stampin’ Up!’s Art Gallery Suite. Find it beginning on page 32 of Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. It features a 5 1/4″ x 4″ inch piece of the Golden Garden Specialty Acetate. This gold foiling is just gorgeous. You get three different designs of this acetate for $9. I feel this acetate and the design below works well with any of Stampin’ Up!’s colors. The Flirty Flamingo provides a pretty, pastel background that, to me, says Easter and spring.
Other products used include:
- Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- Sentiment from the A Wish for Everything stamp set
- Flirty Flamingo and Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pads
- Linen Thread
To achieve the dimensional look on this card, I first stamped the base flower (stamping off once) with the Old Olive pad. On a scrap piece of Basic White card stock, I stamped the flower shown (stamping off once) with Flirty Flamingo. I then inked the flower accent with Flirty Flamingo (full strength) and stamped on top of the first image. I die cut it with the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine and carefully snipped off the colored flowers. Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, I adhered the flower heads to the top of the card.
Thanks so much for visiting Kim Plays with Paper today! Be sure to visit all of the blogs and leave a comment to win a free card kit. Congratulations to last month’s winner: Frances Freeberg.
Visit these blogs!
Art Gallery Easter Card Product Supply List
Click on any of the graphics below to go directly to my online store to shop.
Welcome to the March 2021 Maui Achievers Blog Hop.
We’re a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world who have achieved the Stampin’ Up! bonus of the Maui incentive trip. We celebrate this achievement by organizing a monthly hop which helps us continue to inspire you creatively.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way there’s a list at the end of this post to help you move around to all the different blogs and gather many amazing ideas. We have all listed our country – so if you’re looking for a demonstrator, these are top demonstrators in their country and would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! shopping or if you’d like to join our Stampin’ Up! teams. Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment. We love to hear from you.
Rainbow Glimmer Paper Meets Friendly Flamingo
When the Rainbow Glimmer Paper appeared in Stampin’ Up!’s 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, I purchased a package. And, then, I hoarded it. Who can relate to that?
I recently realized we’ll be seeing a brand-new catalog May 5; I really should use some of those products I’ve been “saving.”
The Rainbow Glimmer Paper is just so vibrant. It speaks tropical. The package includes two, 12 x 12 sheets that coordinate with the colors of Granny Apple Green, Blackberry Bliss, Mango Melody, Magenta Madness, and Bermuda Bay.
So I combined it with the Friendly Flamingo Bundle. Find it on page 43 of the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. Purchase the stamp set and dies as a bundle and receive a 10 percent discount.
In addition to the Rainbow Glimmer Paper and the Friendly Flamingo Bundle, I used:
- the coordinating colors of Magenta Madness, Mango Melody, and Coastal Cabana
- a rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- Greenery Embossing Folder
It’s a very simple card with a little bit of die cutting and a little bit of stamping. Quick and easy, it’s ready to send to a friend.
Click here to see some other card samples using the Friendly Flamingo Bundle.
Thanks so much for stopping by the March 2021 Maui Achievers Blog Hop. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop to a variety of inspiration for your paper crafting projects.
List of Blog Hoppers
List of Products Used to Create this Project
Please enjoy this Butterfly Brilliance free tutorial.
While the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set and coordinating Brilliant Wings Dies will be available in Stampin’ Up!’s brand-new catalog, the sneak peek is available now. Purchase the stamp set and dies as a bundle and receive a 10 percent discount. The coordinating 6 x 6 Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper and the Natural Touch Specialty Paper are available while supplies last. Be sure to watch the video (a Facebook Live replay) to see all of the pieces in action. I’m especially loving the Rainbow Glimmer Paper from Stampin’ Up!’s 2020-2021 Annual Catalog.
Butterfly Brilliance Free Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Butterfly Brilliance (155092), Art Gallery (154421)
- PAPER – Bermuda Bay (131197), Vellum Cardstock (101856), Rainbow Glimmer (153056)
- INK – Versamark (102283), Blackberry Bliss (147092)
- OTHER –Stitched Shapes Dies (152323), Brilliant Wings Dies (155523), Classic Label Punch (141941), Pearl Basic Jewels (144219), Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack (154877), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Bermuda Bay – 8 ½” 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, 5 ¼” 4”, scrap
- Vellum – 3 ½” x 3 ½”
- Rainbow Glimmer – select pieces in desired color patterns
- Fold the 8 ½” x 5 ½” Bermuda Bay cardstock in half.
- Ink the Butterfly Brilliance stamp with Versamark and stamp on the 5 ¼” x 4” Bermuda Bay cardstock. Adhere to the card base.
- Die cut the Vellum Cardstock with the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies. Adhere to the card front with a few Glue Dots placed strategically so they can’t be seen when the butterfly is in place.
- Die cut three of the butterflies from the Rainbow Glimmer Paper, including the largest one and two of the smaller ones.
- Using the tip of the Paper Snips to put Glue Dots on the back side of the butterflies.
- Place the largest butterfly on the Vellum circle. Arrange the other butterflies on the card.
- Stamp the thank you sentiment with Blackberry Bliss ink onto the Bermuda scrap. Punch with Classic Label Punch.
- Adhere the punched sentiment to the front of the card as shown above.
- Color two small Pearl Basic Jewels with the Dark Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Blend.
- Place one each of the colored pearls on each side of the sentiment.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please let me know if you have questions about this project or any other. I’d love to help you in your papercrafting journey.
Did you know I send an email newsletter with free tutorials and videos two or three times a month? Click here
The Butterfly Brilliance Collection is here! Have you seen the card samples created with these new products? I received my bundle/suite of products Saturday, ripped open the box, and started creating! Let me show you some of what I made. Be sure to watch the video (a replay of a Facebook Live) to see how I put these cards together.
What is the Butterfly Brilliance Collection?
This brand-new selection of products features butterflies, lots of butterflies. It includes a stamp set, coordinating dies, 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper, and textured specialty paper. An early release of goodies that will be included in Stampin’ Up!’s new Annual Catalog, this bundle screams spring. I just love the product coordination of this sneak peek! (New Annual Catalog available May 4.)
The entire bundle ($71.25) includes:
- Butterfly Brilliance cling stamp set. This large stamp makes a great background, but allows you to crop a bunch of butterflies quickly and easily. (I recommend buying an extra stamp set to cut apart; it allows you use to each butterfly individually.)
- Brilliant Wings Dies. You have the option of simple die-cut butterfly shapes, intricately detailed die-cut butterfly wings, or layer both styles to create wonderful 3D dimension! Get creative with how you color the spectacular wings with a range of inks and sponge daubers.
- Butterfly Bijou 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper. Choose from glorious butterfly patterns in shades of aqua, pink, and yellow or watercolored patterns that coordinate beautifully. You can’t go wrong with these unforgettable patterns. I love how some of the sheets coordinate with the die cuts. Only available while supplies last. Note: This 6 x 6 DSP will not be available in the upcoming catalog.
- Natural Touch Specialty Paper. The pale wood grain is versatile enough for any project and any time of year. Emboss it and use it with dies. Use large pieces of it as a background or cut out pieces to use as accents. Only available while supplies last. Note: This specialty paper will not be available in the upcoming catalog.
Butterfly Brilliance Bundle. Receive a 10 percent discount when you purchase the stamp set and coordinating die cuts together.
I used a few other complementary products with this fun suite, including the Stamparatus, Art Gallery stamp set, and coordinating card stock colors.
Butterfly Brilliance Collection Video
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you’re inspired to sit down and create today. Please let me know if I can help in any way as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator.
Click on any of the photos below to shop directly from my online store 24/7.