Welcome to the March Maui Achievers Blog Hop where I’m sharing a Mother’s Day card.
Welcome to our monthly Maui Achievers Blog Hop. We’re a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world who have achieved the Stampin’ Up! bonus of the Maui trip. We want to celebrate this achievement by organizing a monthly hop which helps us to continue to inspire you creatively.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way there’s a list at the end of this post to help you move around all the different blogs and get many amazing ideas. We all have our country listed – so if you’re looking for a demonstrator these are top demonstrators in their country and would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! shopping or if you’d like to join our Stampin’ Up! teams.
This time of year brings a lot of different events and holiday to celebrate: Easter, graduations, weddings, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day. Even though we may not be able to celebrate this events in person at this time, we can definitely send a card. I chose to feature a Mother’s Day card.
Maui Achievers Blog Hop: Mother’s Day Card
I actually made two cards for this hop. I can’t decide which one I like better. Please leave me a comment and let me know which card you prefer. I love, love, love the designs and color scheme of the Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper stack. And, the coordinating stamp set, Dressed to Impress offers the Mother’s Day sentiment and the pretty flowers. That’s where I started for the inspiration. I found a layout I like and went to work.
All of the Designer Series Paper comes from the same package. It’s fun to see the difference in the card by playing around with the different designs. I stamped the flowers in Stazon ink and colored them with a blender pen and the following colors: Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Highland Heather, and Blackberry Bliss.
See a list of the products I used to create these cards at the very end of the post, after the list of blog hoppers. Be sure to visit all of them and leave a comment.
One Week Remaining in Sale-A-Bration
Say it isn’t so! There’s just one week left to take advantage of Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration promotion. Make purchases of $50 and $100 and receive FREE product. There are lots of choices to satisfy an crafter. See the Sale-A-Bration brochure here. Keep in mind, some of the items have been popular and are sold out. Contact me if you have questions or wish to place an order. I can help!
Here’s the list of everyone participating in today’s hop. Enjoy!
Welcome to the Stampin’ Friends Blog Hop where I’m featuring a wedding wishes card and gift card holder!
Thanks for joining us on this blog hop today. We’re showcasing cards for grads, dad, babies, and brides. Visit all of the blogs to get a host of creative ideas for upcoming celebrations. All of the links are listed after the project descriptions. Please leave a comment; we love to hear what you think of our creations.
The Wedding Wishes Card
I really wanted to use Stampin’ Up!’s Detailed Heart Die, purchased with the intent of creating Valentine cards. But that didn’t happen! I couldn’t let the season pass without using this beautiful die.
The card features:
- Detailed Hearts Die with Gold Foil
- Gold heat embossed sentiment from the So Sentimental stamp set
- Die cuts from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
A comprehensive shopping list is included at the end of the post, after the list of hoppers.
Wedding Wishes Gift Card Holder
This is such an easy gift card holder to create. (I had forgotten all about this style.) Here’s how it goes together.
- Start with one of Stampin’ Up!’s envelopes. I used Very Vanilla for this project.
- Fold the envelop in half and score.
- With the flap facing you, use a Paper Snips to trim the top right corner.
- Moisten the remaining flap and seal closed. The right side now becomes the holder for the gift card.
- Decorate the front and inside cover.
Here are some of the materials I used to create the gift card holder:
- Very Vanilla envelope
- Very Vanilla panel embossed with the Country Floral 3D Embossing Folder
- Gold Foil Heart die cut with a heart from the Stitched Be Mine Framelits
- Heat-embossed (gold) sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings
- Classic Label Punch
- Country Floral 3D Embossing Folder
- Gold Metallic-Edge Ribbon
Use these links to the view participating stampers. Enjoy!
- Rachel Rife – https://rachthestamper.com/stampin-friends-congrats-grads-brides-and-babies-blog-hop/
- Teri Pocock – http://www.stampinmagic.com/2020/03/stampin-friends-blog-hop-babies.html
- Katja Ettig – https://www.kleine-stempelmiez.de/2020/03/19/stampin-friends-blog-hop-congrats-grads-brides-and-babies/
- Jean Beaulieu – https://danantmom.blogspot.com/2020/03/march-2020-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
- Kim Quade (US) – https://kimplayswithpaper.com/home/stampin-friends-wedding-wishes/
- Maureen Rauchfuss (US) – https://crazystampinglady.blogspot.com/2020/03/sf-2020-march-congrats-grads-brides-and.html
- Anne Marie Hile (US) – http://www.stampinanne.com/2020/03/march-2020-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
- Steph Jandrow – https://stampinandscrappinwithsteph.weebly.com/home/Stampin-Friends-March-Hop-Congrats-Grads-Brides-and-Babies
- Barbara Welch – https://creativestampinspot.blogspot.com/2020/03/stampin-friends-march-2020-blog-hop.html
- Tiziana Milano – https://stampinwtiziana.blogspot.com/2020/03/stampin-friends-blog-hop-babies.html
Today, I’m offering a free card tutorial for Stampin’ Up’s Dressed to Impress stamp set.
I’m part of a monthly card sharing co-op, and this is card I created for it. I love the message, and I love the the deep rich color of Blackberry Bliss. So I combined these using a timeless layout. I’ve included free, step-by-step directions to make this card at home. This stamp set, Dressed to Impress can be found on page 56 of the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog.
Dressed to Impress Card Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Dressed to Impress Bundle (153832)
- PAPER – Whisper White (100730), Mint Macaron (138337), Blackberry Bliss (133675), Pretty Peacock (150880), Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper (DSP) (151319)
- INK – Blackberry Bliss (147092)), Black Memento (132708)
- OTHER –Brights Stampin’ Write Markers (147157), Regals Stampin’ Write Markers (147155), Subtles Stampin’ Write Makers (147156), Stitched Shapes (145372), Layering Circles (141705), Stitched Be Mine (148527), Glue Dots (103683), SNAIL (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Paper Trimmer (152392), Die Cut Machine
Cutting & Scoring:
- Mint Macaron Card Stock – 8 ½” x 5 ½” – score and fold at 4 ¼” and 3” x 3” for scallop circle
- Blackberry Bliss Card Stock – 5 ¼” x 4 “
- Best Dressed DSP (Flower design with Blackberry Bliss) – 5 ¼” x 2 ¼”
- Pretty Peacock – 5 ¼” x ¾”
- Whisper White – 3 x 3 for sentiment and scraps for flowers
- Fold the Mint Macaron base in half.
- With SNAIL, affix the Blackberry Bliss card stock to front of the Mint Macaron base.
- Die cut the long, scallop edge from the Stitched Be Mine dies with the Pretty Peacock piece.
- Using Glue Dots, affix the Pretty Peacock edge piece under the right edge of the Best Dressed DSP piece.
- Tape this whole piece on top of the Blackberry Bliss, aligning the left edges.
- Die cut a Scallop Circle from the Mint Macaron scrap.
- Die cut a Stitched Circle from the 3” x 3” Whisper White scrap. Stamp the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink onto the stitched circle on the right-hand side of the circle.
- Stamp the flowers onto the Whisper White scraps. Color with Stampin’ Writer Markers (Daffodil Delight, Purple Posy, Pretty Peacock and Blackberry Bliss) and then use the coordinating die cuts to cut out.
- With Glue Dots, attach the flowers onto the stitched circle. Use Glue Dots to place this circle onto the scallop circle.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of this focal point and position on the front of the card.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please let me know if you have questions about this card or any other crafting projects.