I love many things about being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator! But perhaps the best part is the stamping community that comes with it .
During my almost-eleven years as a demonstrator, I’ve made so many lasting and valuable relationships with people who share my love of Stampin’ Up! and paper crafting.
I had a chance to gather with some of these women this last Saturday at a local team meeting. (I recently moved to Arizona from Nebraska so I have a great group there with whom I met this summer).
One of the fun things we do is “swap” our card creations. Each person designs one card and then creates enough for everyone participating. Then we “swap” or share our cards. I love that everyone has a different style and likes different papers and colors; it gives us some new ideas to implement in our own craft rooms.
This blog post features a look at the cards each of the participants created. The card shown at the top of the post is a remake of one of the cards I received from Ginger Borneman (Ginger Snap Stamps). Be sure to watch the accompanying video. I share these same cards and discuss them there.
Thirteen Handmade Card Samples
The cards above feature products from Stampin’ Up!’s current SaleABration catalog and the July-December 2021 Mini Catalog.
Aren’t these amazing?
It’s easy to become a part of our stamping community. Purchase Stampin’ Up!’s starter kit for just $99 + tax. You then get to choose $125 worth of any product of your choosing, and it’s shipped free. In addition, during SaleABration, get an extra FREE bundle. See the graphic below. You’re not required to host parties or teach classes, just enjoy your discount.
Click here to join this awesome stamping community.
Thanks so much for reading my blog today. Enjoy!
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store. I appreciate you choosing me as your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator.
This week, I’ve focused on using products from Stampin’ Up!’s current Sale-A-Bration sale.This sale allows you to earn FREE items with minimum purchases of $50 and $100 before tax and shipping. Choose from 10 different items.
I love the Penguin Playmates Designer Series Paper, especially the side of the paper without the penguins. Weird, right? But, the colors lend themselves to so many projects.
See this post for cards created with the Delicate Dahlias stamp set and the Penguin Playmates DSP.
Please enjoy this free Penguin Playmates Christmas Card Tutorial.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Peaceful Deer (156391)
- PAPER –Penguin Playmates (DSP) (158420), Fresh Freesia (155613), Soft Sea Foam (146988), Basic White (159276)
- INK – Gorgeous Grape (147099)
- OTHER – Fresh Freesia 3/8” Open Weave Ribbon (155615), Layering Circles Dies (151770), Wonderful Snowflakes (156340), Beautiful Trees Dies (155840), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108), Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (151003)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Fresh Freesia – 8 ½” x 5 ½” scored at 4 ¼”, 3 ½” x 3 ½”
- Soft Sea Foam – 3 ½” x 3 ½”
- Basic White, 5 ¼” x 4”, scrap
- DSP – 2 ½” x 5”, 1 ¼” x 5”
- Ribbon – 6“, 3”
- With Gorgeous Grape ink, stamp the Merry Christmas sentiment from the Peaceful Deer stamp set onto a Basic White scrap. Die cut with the rectangle label from the Beautiful Trees Dies.
- Die cut the 3 ½” x 3 ½” Fresh Freesia card stock with the largest circle from the Layering Circle Dies and the largest scallop on the 3 ½” x 3 ½” Soft Sea Foam card stock. Adhere these together.
- With adhesive of choice, place the two DSP pieces onto the 5 ¼” x 4” Basic White card stock, as shown above, with the 1 ¼” piece on the left and the 2 ½” piece placed right next to it, leaving a small white border around.
- Place a Glue Dot on each end of the 6” piece of ribbon. Wrap the ribbon around the above layer and affix Glue Dots in the back.
- With adhesive of choice, attach this piece to the front of Fresh Freesia 8 ½” x 5 ½” card stock that’s been folded in half to create a base.
- Place one Glue Dot in the center of the snowflake. (Note: there is a shiny side and a matte side to the snowflake. I like the shiny side to face up.) Center the snowflake on the circle.
- Pop up the snowflake circle on the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Put two or three Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals on the sentiment and place on top of the snowflake, near the bottom.
- Tuck the 3” piece of ribbon underneath the ribbon on the card and tie a knot, as shown above.
Would you like to receive tutorials just like this in your email? Click here to subscribe to my free, email newsletter. I send emails two to three times a month and include a tutorial, video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and notes.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Click on any of the images below to shop directly from my online store.
Penguin Playmates Christmas Card Tutorial Supplies
I have a special treat for you today! This card features a new stamp set, dies, and Designer Series Paper from the July-December 2021 Mini Catalog:
- Christmas Season Stamp Set (#156293)
- Seasonal Label Dies (#156299)
- Buy as a bundle (#156801) and save 10 percent
- Painted Christmas 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper (#156292)
- Real Red 3/8″ Mini Ruffled Ribbon (#156323)
Ordering for this brand-new catalog goes live August 3, 2021. If you’re not currently working with another Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, contact me. I’ll put a catalog in the mail to you!
I also used the Bark 3D Embossing Folder, A Wish for Everything stamp set, Layering Circles Dies, and Red Rhinestones in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog.
Be sure to watch the video below to see how I created this card. (Here’s a link to another post using this same card design but with different products.)
August-September Sale-A-Bration Begins August 3
It’s exciting that Stampin’ Up! offers TWO Sale-A-Bration sales this year. It gives the ability two times each year to earn FREE product with qualifying purchases of $50 and $100. You choose from exclusive stamp sets, Designer Series Paper, and die cuts. I love these offerings and can’t wait to show you projects in upcoming posts.
Starter Kit Special: More Free Product
Have a long wish list? There’s a great starter kit offer during Sale-A-Bration in August and September. Choose $125 worth of any product from the Annual Catalog or mini catalog for just $99 + tax (shipping is included). And, receive your choice of a free bundle below from the mini catalog:
- Frosted Gingerbread (p. 65)
- Christmas Season (p. 66)
- Christmas to Remember (p. 66)
- Whimsical Trees (p. 67)
- Peaceful Deer (p. 67)
- Sweet Little Stockings (p. 68)
- Penguin Place (p. 68)
- Peaceful Cabin (p. 68)
- Arctic Bears (p. 69)
- Beauty of Tomorrow (p. 69)
- Gorgeous Leaves (p. 70)
- Nature’s Harvest (p. 71)
After you purchase the starter kit, you receive a 20 percent discount on your future purchases. You’re not required to have parties or host workshops, just enjoy your discount.
In addition, you become a member of an awesome stamping community. Stampin’ Up! offers a host of perks, including:
- a demonstrator-only Facebook group filled with card samples and tutorials;
- a weekly email newsletter;
- invitations to special Stampin’ Up! only events;
- special catalog sneak peeks and an opportunity to order early.
You also become part of Kim’s Paper Krafters. We’re a fun group of demonstrators who have enjoy and support each others’ paper crafting. Through my private Facebook group, I give free tutorials, offer card-making inspiration, present a monthly challenge, and more. I also organize in-person meetings and stamping events.
Please contact me if you have questions about this awesome opportunity. Or click here to start the process. (Remember: the extra, free bundle offer begins August 3.)
Looking for card-making inspiration, free tutorials, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and specials. Subscribe to my free, email newsletter by clicking here.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please let me know how I can help in your paper crafting journey.
Did you ever stop to think where Christmas in July originated? According to a quick Google search, it found its start in 1933 at an all-girls summer camp in Brevard, North Carolina. They hosted a Christmas in July celebration complete with carolers, a Christmas tree, fake snow, a gift exchange and even a visit from Santa. And it’s now morphed in to a month-long celebration with thoughts of escaping the heat!
I’m following suit and celebrating Christmas in July on my blog this month. Today, I feature Stampin’ Up!’s Snowflake Wishes stamp set and So Many Snowflake Dies. Find the stamp set on page 90 of the Annual Catalog and the dies on page 165.
I really like all of the many and varied snowflake dies included with this set. As you can see with my samples, it offers many, many different ways to use both the stamp set and the dies.
The featured card sports non-traditional Christmas colors. I used:
- Misty Moonlight for the base,
- Mint Macaron for the next layer (5 1/4 x 4),
- Polished Pink,
- Blushing Bridge (embossed with the snowflake design from the Wintry 3D Embossing Folder set),
- Misty Moonlight for the snowflake and ink colors.
This card uses even more non-traditional colors: Polished Pink. I just love the In Color Vellum to die cut the snowflakes images.
The “windows” in the Picture This Dies offer a fun way to showcase the snowflakes.
I hope you’ve enjoyed the Snowflake Wishes Card Samples for Christmas in July. Be sure to watch the video below to see how the first card is created.
Looking for more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free email newsletter. Click here. I send two to three emails per month that include a free tutorial and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and specials.
Snowflake Wishes Card Samples
Click on any of the pictures below to shop directly from my online store.
Thanks for joining us today! Welcome to Team Stamp It’s July blog hop — Christmas in July. This month, we feature cards and projects with a Christmas and/or holiday theme. Be sure to visit all of the talented stampers participating in the hop. Leave a comment with the hashtag #stampitcontest. You could win a Looking Up card kit.
Today’s card features Stampin’ Up!’s Evergreen Elegance stamp set. Find it on page 91 of the Annual Catalog. I also use the Tidings of Christmas Designer Series Paper, which, through August 2, is on sale for 15 percent off.
This card features a bit of a different design. See the photo below for a side view of how it opens.
Here are a few details:
- base (Evening Evergreen) measures 7 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Score at 3 1/4 inches on the left side.
- Soft Succulent piece, embossed with the Wintry 3D embossing folder, measures 5 1/4 x 3 inches.
- the Designer Series Paper piece from Tidings of Christmas measures 1 1/4 inches by 5 1/4 inches. Glue to a Basic White piece measuring 5 1/4 x 4 that goes on the inside of the card.
- sentiment from Christmas to Remember stamp set (a brand-new set coming soon in the July-December 2021 Mini Catalog).
This layout works well for any theme of card, stamp sets, and Designer Series Paper. Here’s a video that shows how this card — with different stamps and paper — goes together.
Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop to get a variety of ideas for Christmas cards and projects. You could win a free card kit. Just leave a comment with the hashtag #stampitcontest.
Congrats to JoAnn Porter . She is the winner of last month’s kit.
List of Blog Hoppers
Click on the links below to get inspiration for holiday cards and projects.
Christmas in July Evergreen Elegance Supplies
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store.