Have you seen Stampin’ Up!’s new Expressions in Ink Designer Series Paper? It’s been a very popular item since the catalog went live early May. The images just wow.
I tried a technique that can offer the same look. (Yes, I’m a little late to the party. Lots of other videos and card samples showcase the alcohol ink technique.) But I had to try to for myself. I paired the designs with Stampin’ Up!’s Sunny Sentiments stamp set. So excited to share all the finished cards!
This post features four of the cards I created with the set and technique. It works really well for backgrounds. Be sure to watch the video for a visual look of how I created these beautiful cards.
Here’s a quick recap of Sunny Sentiments meets alcohol ink technique:
- Started with Stampin’ Up!’s vellum card stock. I made it larger than I needed so I could die cut it to size.
- Scribbled, colored, drew on the vellum with Stampin’ Up!’ Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers. Use an color combination your heart desires.
- With a paint brush, dribble and touch rubbing alcohol (the 91 percent seems to work the best) onto the ink and watch the magic happen. You could also blow on it or use a straw to move the ink around.
- Be sure to play around with the different Stampin’ Blends colors to see all of the fun combinations you can make.
- Let the image dry and then stamp.
Enjoy these card samples. Try this technique yourself and see what happens.
Sunny Sentiments Meets Alcohol Inks Video
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you were inspired.
I’d love to have you join my free email newsletter. I send updates two to three times a month and include a free tutorial and Stampin’ Up! news and notes. Click here to subscribe and watch for in box for an email to confirm. (Be sure to check you spam folder.)
Click on the graphics below to shop directly from my online store: