Welcome to the Stampin’ Friends February Blog Hop. This month, we’re all playing with our favorite products.
Thanks for joining us today! Read to the end of the post where you’ll see a list of all the participating stampers. Click on any of the links to visit everyone’s web sites. Be sure to leave a comment along the way, as well. We love to hear from you!
As I mentioned, we’re showcasing our favorite things. I LOVE the beach, water, flamingos, and palm trees. So glad I can view palm trees every day living in Arizona. In fact, we just got a few small ones for our backyard. So, I had to use the palm tree images from the Timeless Tropical set for both my card and 3D project. The Tropical Oasis Suite can be found on pages 38-40 in Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2020 Mini Catalog.
Here’s a look at the card:
I tried to create a scene, envisioning myself sitting on the beach under a palm tree. I started with a Whisper White sheet of card stock measuring 5 x 3 3/4-inches. I also had a piece of Whisper White card stock that I ran through the die cutting machine using the second to the largest of the stitched rectangles from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I put a few swipes of SNAIL adhesive on the back side of the scallop rectangle and placed it on top of the Whisper White 5 x 3 3/4 piece. Using Stampin’ Up!’s Sponge Brayers, starting from the bottom, I applied Crumb Cake ink, Blueberry Bushel ink, and Daffodil Delight. I then pulled the pieces apart and started layering. I suppose I could call this the double-time sponging technique!
I used Stampin’ Write Markers in Garden Green and Early Espresso to color directly onto the palm tree stamp. I stamped it on Whisper White and then used the dies to cut it out. Popped it up and adorned with the pineapple Tropical Oasis Trinket.
Palm Tree Coaster
Now, onto the 3D item. I received inspiration for this coaster from Gina Shappa, another Arizona demonstrator. I placed the coaster in the corner of Stampin’ Up!’s stamp positioning tool, the Stamparatus. I inked the stamp with Stazon and stamped it about six separate times. Super easy and super fun. The coaster was just a bit thick, so close and stamp carefully.
I haven’t sealed it yet nor tried to use it as an actual coaster. But you have to admit it’s pretty cute.
Thanks for stopping by the Stampin’ Friends February Blog Hop! I hope you’ve enjoyed my favorite things.
- Rachael Rife- https://rachthestamper.com/favorites-blog-hop/
- Jo Blackman (UK) – http://www.joblackman.com/2020/02/sf-2020-february-blog-hop-favourites.html
- Teri Pocock – http://www.stampinmagic.com/2020/02/stampin-friends-blog-hop-favourites.html
- Jean Bolen Beaulieu –https://danantmom.blogspot.com/2020/02/welcome-to-our-february-stampin-friends.html
- Stephanie Jandrow – https://stampinandscrappinwithsteph.weebly.com/home/stampin-friends-favorites-blog-hop
- Katja Ettig – https://www.kleine-stempelmiez.de/2020/02/20/stampin-friends-blog-hop-favorites
- Tiziana Milano – https://stampinwtiziana.blogspot.com/2020/02/welcome-to-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
- Kim Quade (US) – https://kimplayswithpaper.com/home/stampin-friends-february-blog-hop/
- Kim Lamos- https://www.pinkzebrapapercreations.com/2020/02/stampin-friends-blog-hop-favorite-things.html
- Anne Marie Hile – http://www.stampinanne.com/2020/02/favorites-february-2020-stampin-friends.html
- Cheryl Taylor (UK) – http://cheryldiana.co.uk/stampin-friends-february-2020-blog-hop
- Heidi Collins – https://on-y-go-stamping.weebly.com/home/my-favorite-things
- Barbara Welch – https://creativestampinspot.blogspot.com/2020/02/stampin-friends-favorites-blog-hop.html
- Maureen Rauchfuss – https://crazystampinglady.blogspot.com/2020/02/sf-2020-february-favorites-bash-blog-hop.html\