Having fun creating cards with Stampin’ Up!’s Best Dressed Suite!
I have to admit, when I first saw this suite in the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog, I had little to no interest in buying it. But, now it’s a different story! it is so fun and can be used for so many people in my life. My sister and my hairdresser love shoes. Perfect for them. I’m friends with the woman who runs the Kindness Konnectors group. Perfect for her. I know people who are representatives for Mary Kay and SeneGence. Perfect for them, too.
I love the Dressed to Impress stamp set, the coordinating All Dressed Up Dies, and the Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper. Below, I’ve included a tutorial for recreating the card above. This is my version of a card featured on page 54 of the mini catalog. It’s awesome the catalog provides a host of inspiration!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Dressed to Impress Bundle (153832)
- PAPER – Whisper White (100730), Mint Macaron (138337), Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper (DSP) (151319)
- INK – Lovely Lipstick (147140), Black Memento (132708)
- OTHER –Banner Triple Punch (138292), Daffodil Delight Dark Stampin’ Blend (144585), Glue Dots (103683), SNAIL (104332), Paper Snips (103579), Paper Trimmer (152392), Die Cut Machine
Cutting & Scoring:
- Mint Macaron Card Stock – 8 ½” x 5 ½” – score and fold at 4 ¼”
- Best Dressed DSP (Mint Macaron with white shoe) – 5 ¼” x 4”, the opposite side of this – 2” x 5”, Daffodil Delight Diagonal design – 2 ¾” x ½”
- Whisper White – scraps for sentiment and shoes
- Fold the Mint Macaron base in half. Using SNAIL, place the Best Dressed DSP 5 ¼” x 4” piece on the front of the card. (I used the Mint Macaron design with the white shoes.)
- Use the Banner Triple Punch to create a banner on one end of the Best Dressed DSP that measures 2” x 5”. (Hint: I used the other side of the Mint Macaron design.)
- Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White card stock using Lovely Lipstick ink.
- Die cut the sentiment using the design show above.
- Stamp the shoe image twice on Whisper White card stock using Memento ink.
- Color the shoes with the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend.
- Die cut the shoes with the coordinating die.
- Using SNAIL or glue dots, affix the 2 ¾” x ½” Daffodil Delight Diagonal Design to the front of the card, on top of the banner about a third of the way down.
- Afix the sentiment on top using Glue Dots.
- Place the shoes on the front of the card using Glue Dots.
Here are two 3 x 3 cards I also made with this suite.
Isn’t that Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper just gorgeous?
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the card and the free tutorial!