My creative brain is just “buzzing” with all kinds of card-making ideas for Stampin’ Up!’s Bee My Valentine Bundle. The bee images and sentiments are just so whimsical — perfect for Valentine cards and beyond. Find this bundle in the brand-new January-April 2024 Mini Catalog. See this blog post for other super cute ideas to make your own Valentine cards.
Bee My Valentine Sweet as Honey
Today, I share a quick card idea using the bundle. Here are a few details about it:
- Thick Basic White Card Stock Base measuring 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored and folded at 4 1/4
- Daffodil Delight design from the Bee Mine 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper measuring 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
- Basic Black Card Stock die cut with the rounded edge from the Basic Borders Dies and embossed with the Softly Sophisticated Embossing Folder (earn this and a coordinating stamp set free during SaleABration with a $100 order).
- “You’re As Sweet as Honey” sentiment heat embossed in white on Basic Black Card Stock
- Two bees created with the stamp set and coordinating Bee Builder Punch. I stamped the bee stripes with Memento Ink, then stamped the body with Daffodil Delight ink. You could save a step and stamp the bee stripes on Daffodil Delight or Crushed Curry Card Stock.
- Punched the hearts with Vellum Card Stock to create the wings.
- Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gems (black)
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today to read about this quick and cute DIY Valentine card.
Need more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free, email newsletter. I send three to four newsletters each month that include a free paper-crafting video, a card-making tutorial, special offers, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and specials. Click here.
Kim Quade, Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, Mesa, Arizona
Bee My Valentine Sweeet as Honey Product List
Click on any of the pictures below to shop for the products to create this card at home.
I hope you’ve been able to dive into Stampin’ Up!’s brand-new January-April 2024 Mini Catalog. It’s “bee” utiful. Can you tell I’m loving the new Bee Mine Suite Collection. Find it beginning on page 8 of the catalog. The suite includes the Bee My Valentine Stamp Set, the coordinating Bee Builder Punch, Bee Mine 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper, Sweet Sorbet 1/4″ Bordered Ribbon, and the Adhesive-Backed Hearts and Flowers.
The playful bee images, combined with the sweet sentiments, make for perfect Valentine card creations. (But, if you ask me, pair this bee with our sentiments to use all year long.)
Today, I show you three samples using the products from this suite. Enjoy!
Bee My Valentine Card Samples
Even though I didn’t need to (this suite stands on its own), I pulled in a few of Stampin’ Up!’s other products. See my list below:
- Sweet Sorbet Card Stock base measuring 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored and folded at 4 1/4
- Basic White Card Stock layer measuring 5 1/4 x 4
- Sweet Sorbet Card Stock layer measuring 5 x 3 3/4, embossed with the Softly Sophisticated Embossing Folder (a SaleABration offering).
- Bee Mine 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper die cut with the Mini Pocket Envelope Dies (Online Exclusive) and assembled.
- Tag from Tailor Made Tags Dies die cut with Petal Pink Card Stock
- Stamped in Real Red ink with sentiment from Throughout the Year Stamp Set (Online Exclusive)
- Heart “pulls” for the tag die cut Radiating Stitches Dies (Online Exclusive) with Bee Mine DSP
- Vellum Card Stock circle die cut with Stylish Shapes Dies
- Bee image stamped with Memento and Daffodil Delight and punched with coordinating Bee Builder Punch
- Sweet Sorbet ribbon
- Adhesive-Backed Hearts & Flowers
The card above features a favorite layout: using three strips of Designer Series Paper measuring 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 Do you notice the new circle die? That’s a piece from the Everyday Details Dies. I love how it layers so nicely on the Stylish Shape Circle.
And, finally, the card above also sports a simple layout that shows off the whimsical Designer Series Paper. I used three different patterns from the package to create this card.
- Thick Basic White Card Stock base measuring 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored and folded at 4 1/4
- Yellow Designer Series Paper Layer measuring 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
- Red Designer Series Paper layer measuring 3 1/4 x 4 1/2
- Bee Designer Series Paper layer measuring 3 x 4 1/4
Again, I added the new circle die cut from the Everyday Details Dies.
Be sure to watch the video below from my craft room in Mesa, Arizona, where I give step-by-step instructions for creating the first card featured at the top of this post.
How to Video
Love this Valentine suite of paper crafting products? Join me for my next zoom class to go featuring this suite. We’ll be creating three other cute designs. Click here to read all of the details. I’d love to have you join me.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Please contact me if you have questions about the techniques or products used in any of the cards featured here.
Click on any of the links to purchase the components of the Bee Mine Suite Collection. Contact me if you have questions about other products.