Stampin’ Up!’s Tropical Oasis Suite is one of my faves! Read further to see how I created this pineapple delight!
I can “hear” you frantically flipping through the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog (or maybe even the Annual Catalog) looking for the pineapple stamp. (Stampin’ Up! offered one a few years ago, and it’s retired). Inspired by Gina Shappa, I actually “created” my own stamps using the In the Tropics Dies and foam adhesive sheets (purchased from a big box craft store). Isn’t it super fun? I’m just loving the results.
Here’s the process/sandwich I used to make the “rubber” stamp images:
- Use the Big Shot Platform as the bottom layer.
- Working up, add a clear plate.
- Place a piece of the adhesive foam (adhesive side down) on the clear plate.
- Put your die cut on top of the foam, cut side down.
- Add the retired tan embossing pad. (You can also use the current Silicone Craft Sheet, but it may make some cut marks in the silicone.)
- Top it off with the 3D Embossing Folder Plate.
- Run through the die cut machine. (I will caution you that the sandwich is a little tight, so practice with different shims until you can cut the foam with the die cuts. You don’t want to injure your die cut machine.)
When I had the foam images, (aren’t they amazing?) I placed them on a clear block, applied ink and stamped away. The colors used for this delightful pineapple are Old Olive and Daffodil Delight, coordinating colors in the Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper.
Be sure to take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration promotion. With minimum purchases, you earn the opportunity to select FREE product. Who doesn’t like free? Choose from exclusive stamp sets, a punch, and Designer Series Paper. Sale-A-Bration runs through March 31, so there’s about three weeks left to shop. Please let me know if you have questions about Sale-A-Bration. I can help!
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
There’s one month left of Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration, and five new items were just released today, including the Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper used in the card below.
What is Sale-A-Bration?
It’s Stampin’ Up’s biggest promotion of the year. It offers three great opportunities for those who love to rubber stamp and scrapbook.
For each $50 and $100 purchase (before tax and shipping) receive your choice of free, exclusive product from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. Look for new stamp sets, a punch, a die, Designer Series Paper, and more. Here’s a link to the new brochure. Earn them all. The promotion runs through March 31. If you see something you love, get it sooner rather than later. (A couple of items have sold out!)
Invite your friends to a Stampin’ Up! party. When your sales reach $300, you earn a super cute free Little Ladybug stamp set. (Hint: You can also purchase the coordinating Ladybug Dies that complements this set!)
If you have a large wish list, consider purchasing the Starter Kit. For $99, select $125 worth of product (your choice). It’s all shipped free. And, receive an additional stamp set from the Annual Catalog or the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog of any value as well as a mini paper cutter and 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper Sampler.
Once you purchase the Starter Kit, you earn a 20 percent discount on all of your purchases. This is a great time to stock up on supplies and get your hands on brand-new products. This a great opportunity to be a part of my awesome team (Kim’s Paper Krafters) and be eligible to attend Stampin’ Up! events. Don’t worry, you don’t need to host parties or workshops or sell to others. Just enjoy your discount.
One of the new Sale-A-Bration items released today is the Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper. Remember: It’s free with a purchase of $50 before tax and shipping. One package contains 12 sheets of rose gold and silver foil designs — perfect for adding color with Stampin’ Blends and/or sponging.
For this card (inspired by Kylie Bertucci), I tapped a sponge dauber onto the ink and added color to the this lovely paper. I used Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz. I added a sentiment from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set, and the result is an easy and beautiful card.
Thanks for stopping by today! I’d love to help you earn free crafting supplies. Shop directly from my online store. Or contact me to help you place your order.
Featuring the Sale-A-Bration set, Happy Birthday to You!, for Team Stamp It’s February Blog Hop.
Welcome to the Team Stamp It February Blog Hop where the stampers are sharing projects using Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration projects. We’re glad you joined us today. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop and leave a comment to be entered to win the Looking Up all-inclusive card kit. Use the hashtag: #stampitcontest.
In case you haven’t heard, Sale-A-Bration is Stampin’ Up!’s most fun sale of the year. Make a minimum $50 purchase and receive your choice of free items, including exclusive stamp sets, Designer Series Paper and more.
My card showcases the Happy Birthday to You! stamp set. You can earn it free with a $50 purchase. In addition, I used the Birthday Dies (#153590/$27) from the Coordination Product Release.
It’s such a pretty card, and I’m pleased with the results. Here’s a list of other Stampin’ Up! products used to create this card:
- Parisian Blooms Specialty Designer Series Paper (January-June 2020 Mini Catalog)
- Stitched So Sweetly Dies (January-June 2020 Mini Catalog)
- Subtle Embossing Folder (January-June 2020 Mini Catalog)
- Petal Pink 1/4-inch Metallic-Edge Ribbon
- Gold Embossing Powder and Heat Gun
- Petal Pink, So Saffron, Soft Sea Foam, and Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends
- Petal Pink, Basic Black and Very Vanilla card stock
The Petal Pink 1/4-inch Metallic-Edge Ribbon has been so popular, it’s currently on back order. But if you want to replicate this card, purchase Gold 3/8-inch Metallic-Edge Ribbon and use the Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends to color the ribbon. This technique works well to create coordinating ribbon in any Stampin’ Blend Color.
Another hint: Look for more Sale-A-Bration products to be released Tuesday, March 4. Love, love, love the Designer Series Papers and stamp set.
Thanks for stopping by today. Remember, visit all of the blogs on the hop. There are a lot of fun projects for you.
Congratulations to last month’s winner: Lois Heiland.
Sharing treat bags using Stampin’ Up!’s So Sentimental stamp set for class this week.
One of the reasons I love being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator is sharing the love of creating with rubber stamps, ink, and paper with others. I hold classes here in Mesa, Arizona, as a way to share my love of rubber stamping, make new friends and connections, and build a community of crafters.
For each event I hold, I give participants a different treat or favor. These are some of my favorite things to make! The featured treat today is created using the 3 x 9 Printed Gusseted Cellophane Bags found on page 33 of the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog. You receive 25 bags for just $7. I’ve included some chocolate bars in mine, but there are many items that would fit well in these decorated bags, such as small hand lotions, lipsticks and chapsticks, peanuts, and more.
Here are some of the other Stampin’ Up! ingredients I used for the So Sentimental Treat Bags:
- Yummilicious stamp from the So Sentimental stamp set (page 20-January-June 2020 Mini Catalog)
- Stitched So Sweetly Dies (page 20-January-June 2020 Mini Catalog)
- Scallop Tag Topper Punch
- Banner Triple Punch
- Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper
- Mint Macaron 1/8-inch Sheer Linen Ribbon
- Stampin’ Write Markers
You’ll notice the image has two different colors? How did I achieve that look? I colored directly onto the stamp using Stampin’ Write markers. It’s so easy, and it lets you have a multi-colored image.
I’ve included a shopping list below. Each graphic will take you directly to my online store.
There’s still time to take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s best promotion of the year. Choose free product with minimum purchases of $50. Look for a lot of fun items including exclusive stamp sets and Designer Series Paper.
And, good news! New Sale-A-Bration items become available Tuesday, March 3. Watch for a post that day where I’ll include a link to the new brochure. The new offerings include stamp sets, foil Designer Series Paper, and textured vellum.
Just a note: Some items have been so popular and are sold out. If you see something you really want, I encourage you to get it now before it’s gone.
Thanks for stopping by today! I’d love to help you with any crafting questions or projects!
Having fun creating cards with Stampin’ Up!’s Best Dressed Suite!
Stampin’ Up! Best Dressed Suite Bundle
I have to admit, when I first saw this suite in the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog, I had little to no interest in buying it. But, now it’s a different story! it is so fun and can be used for so many people in my life. My sister and my hairdresser love shoes. Perfect for them. I’m friends with the woman who runs the Kindness Konnectors group. Perfect for her. I know people who are representatives for Mary Kay and SeneGence. Perfect for them, too.
I love the Dressed to Impress stamp set, the coordinating All Dressed Up Dies, and the Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper. Below, I’ve included a tutorial for recreating the card above. This is my version of a card featured on page 54 of the mini catalog. It’s awesome the catalog provides a host of inspiration!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Dressed to Impress Bundle (153832)
- PAPER – Whisper White (100730), Mint Macaron (138337), Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper (DSP) (151319)
- INK – Lovely Lipstick (147140), Black Memento (132708)
- OTHER –Banner Triple Punch (138292), Daffodil Delight Dark Stampin’ Blend (144585), Glue Dots (103683), SNAIL (104332), Paper Snips (103579), Paper Trimmer (152392), Die Cut Machine
Cutting & Scoring:
- Mint Macaron Card Stock – 8 ½” x 5 ½” – score and fold at 4 ¼”
- Best Dressed DSP (Mint Macaron with white shoe) – 5 ¼” x 4”, the opposite side of this – 2” x 5”, Daffodil Delight Diagonal design – 2 ¾” x ½”
- Whisper White – scraps for sentiment and shoes
- Fold the Mint Macaron base in half. Using SNAIL, place the Best Dressed DSP 5 ¼” x 4” piece on the front of the card. (I used the Mint Macaron design with the white shoes.)
- Use the Banner Triple Punch to create a banner on one end of the Best Dressed DSP that measures 2” x 5”. (Hint: I used the other side of the Mint Macaron design.)
- Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White card stock using Lovely Lipstick ink.
- Die cut the sentiment using the design show above.
- Stamp the shoe image twice on Whisper White card stock using Memento ink.
- Color the shoes with the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend.
- Die cut the shoes with the coordinating die.
- Using SNAIL or glue dots, affix the 2 ¾” x ½” Daffodil Delight Diagonal Design to the front of the card, on top of the banner about a third of the way down.
- Afix the sentiment on top using Glue Dots.
- Place the shoes on the front of the card using Glue Dots.
Here are two 3 x 3 cards I also made with this suite.
Isn’t that Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper just gorgeous?
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the card and the free tutorial!