Welcome to the Team Stamp It Blog Hop: A watercolor card for Easter
Welcome to the March Blog Hop! Thanks for joining us today as we share a variety of Easter cards and projects. Be sure to visit each one and leave a comment. Comment with #stampitcontest to be entered into a drawing to win the Botanical Prints Medley.
My Easter Card
What do you do when you don’t have any Easter stamps? You peruse the Stampin’ Up! catalog and search for inspiration. I found my inspiration on page 109 of the Annual Catalog. It’s a watercolor, eclipse card. I thought this style worked well for the card I wanted to share. It features the the Hand-Lettered Prose dies.
Here’s a quick recap of how it goes together:
- Cut Shimmery White card stock – 5/14″ x 4″.
- Use Aquapainters to give a wash with Pear Pizzazz, Coastal Cabana, and Highland Heather.
- “Splatter” ink onto the card front.
- Die cut the word with the Hand-Lettered Prose Dies.
- Layer the Shimmery White onto a Highland Heather base.
- “Pop up” the letters using pieces of Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the “Blessings” sentiment from the Merry Christmas to All stamp set on a watercolor piece with Highland Heather ink.
- Die cut with the label from the Merry Christmas Dies.
- Attach the sentiment with Glue Dots to the front of the card.
- Color five Pearl Basic Jewels with Dark Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends. Attach to front of card.
Please let me know if you have questions about this card or how it was created.
Four Days to Sale-A-Brate
Get your free stuff before it’s too late! Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration sale ends March 31. You receive your choice of free, exclusive product when you make purchases of $50 and $100. See the latest brochure here. Here are the Annual Catalog items offered free.
Contact me with any questions about the card or Sale-A-Bration. Shop my online store: kimquade.stampinup.net 24/7.
Remember: Visit all of the blogs on the hop and comment with the hashtag #stampitcontest to win the Botanical Prints Medley.
Congrats to last month’s winner: Darlene Coin.