I hope you enjoy this free stamping tutorial featuring Stampin’ Up!’s Seaside Notions stamp set.
I’ve seen a sneak peek of Stampin’ Up’s new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, and it’s gorgeous. When you receive your copy soon, you’ll discover a variety of brand-new stamp sets, framelits, dies, Designer Series Paper, ribbon, In Colors, and so much more.
You may also notice a number of familiar stamp sets that carried over from previous catalogs and found their way into the new one. The Seaside Notions set is one of them. Find it in the online store here.
Here are the free directions for creating this card from scratch. (Card inspired by Theresa Huffman of Ink, Stamp, Love.)
Seaside Notions Stamping Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Seaside Notions (149278)
- PAPER – Very Vanilla Thick Card Stock (144237), Pretty Peacock (150880), Shimmery White (101910)
- INK – Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad (150083), Pretty Peacock Ink Refill (150090), Memento (132708)
- OTHER – Aqua Painter – 2019-202 Annual Catalog (103954), Water Painter – 2020-2021 Annual Catalog (151298), Subtle 3D Embossing Folder (151775), Linen Thread (104199), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Die Cutting Machine
Cutting & Scoring:
- Very Vanilla Thick Card Stock – 8 ½” x 5 ½” – score and fold at 4 ¼
- Pretty Peacock – 5 ¼” x 4”
- Shimmery White – 4” x 2 ½”
- Linen Thread – 32”
- Fold the Very Vanilla card base in half.
- Stamp the images from the Seaside Notion stamp set with the Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad onto the Pretty Peacock 5 ¼” x 4” card stock piece.
- Once stamped, run this piece through the die cutting machine in the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- With Multipurpose Liquid Glue, adhere the embossed Pretty Peacock piece to the Very Vanilla card base.
- Squeeze a couple of drops of the Pretty Peacock Ink Refill into the lid of the open Pretty Peacock stamp pad.
- Using an Aqua Painter, create a watercolor wash on the Shimmery White piece. Let it dry.
- Stamp the dots image from the Seaside Notions stamp set on top of the watercolor wash using the stamping off technique (ink stamp, stamp on scratch paper, stamp on Shimmery White) with Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad.
- At the bottom of the Shimmery White/watercolor wash piece, stamp the sentiment.
- Stamp the seahorse image with Black Memento Ink onto the watercolor wash.
- Gently tear around all of the edges of the Shimmery White piece.
- On the back of the Shimmery White card stock, place eight to nine Stampin’ Dimensionals in the corners and edges.
- Arrange the Linen Thread in circles and swirls, sticking the thread to the dimensionals.
- Place this piece at an angle on the card front.
Click on any of the graphics below to go directly to my online store to order 24/7. Please let me know if you have questions or if I can help in any way.