Have you seen the Favored Flowers Designer Series Paper in Stampin’ Up!’s SaleABration brochure? (Click here to see an online version of the whole brochure,) The 12 x 12, double-sided paper features bold flower images perfect for card making. At first glance, the images seem to be “too much.” But I discovered that cutting the paper into smaller pieces makes for some beautiful cards. Click here to see a blog post with a variety of samples.
The Favored Flowers DSP coordinates with the Fragrant Flowers Bundle in Stampin’ Up!’s January-April 2023 Mini Catalog. Two dies cut images directly from the paper. I had a lot of fun making cards with the patterned paper, but wanted to see what I could do with the stamp set and die.
For the card above, I stamped the large flower with Calypso Coral ink on Shimmery White Card Stock and die cut with coordinating die. Layered on Basic Black and a piece of the Favored Flowers Designer Series Paper.
Be sure to check your order numbers for this bundle. Stampin’ Up! offers it in both photopolymer and cling.
Fragrant Flowers Friend Card/Black and White
Here are some details of how this card came together:
- Embossed the large flower image with black embossing powder on Shimmery White Card Stock and die cut with coordinating die.
- Layered on a piece of Basic Black Card Stock die cut with Stitched Rectangle Dies.
- Added a piece of Perfectly Penned Designer Series Paper cut at 5 1/4 x 4 on a Basic Black Card Stock base.
- Embossed the “friend” sentiment with Black Embossing Powder and cut with coordinating ide.
- Added a bow created with black backer’s twine.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.
Do you need more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free email newsletter by clicking here. I send two to three newsletters each month that include a free card-making tutorial, a paper crafting video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and specials. Then be sure to watch your email for a confirmation from Aweber. They want you to confirm you wish to receive my newsletters.
Click on any of the photos below to shop for the products used to create this handmade greeting card.