Today, I’m offering a free card tutorial for Stampin’ Up’s Dressed to Impress stamp set.
I’m part of a monthly card sharing co-op, and this is card I created for it. I love the message, and I love the the deep rich color of Blackberry Bliss. So I combined these using a timeless layout. I’ve included free, step-by-step directions to make this card at home. This stamp set, Dressed to Impress can be found on page 56 of the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog.
Dressed to Impress Card Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Dressed to Impress Bundle (153832)
- PAPER – Whisper White (100730), Mint Macaron (138337), Blackberry Bliss (133675), Pretty Peacock (150880), Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper (DSP) (151319)
- INK – Blackberry Bliss (147092)), Black Memento (132708)
- OTHER –Brights Stampin’ Write Markers (147157), Regals Stampin’ Write Markers (147155), Subtles Stampin’ Write Makers (147156), Stitched Shapes (145372), Layering Circles (141705), Stitched Be Mine (148527), Glue Dots (103683), SNAIL (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Paper Trimmer (152392), Die Cut Machine
Cutting & Scoring:
- Mint Macaron Card Stock – 8 ½” x 5 ½” – score and fold at 4 ¼” and 3” x 3” for scallop circle
- Blackberry Bliss Card Stock – 5 ¼” x 4 “
- Best Dressed DSP (Flower design with Blackberry Bliss) – 5 ¼” x 2 ¼”
- Pretty Peacock – 5 ¼” x ¾”
- Whisper White – 3 x 3 for sentiment and scraps for flowers
- Fold the Mint Macaron base in half.
- With SNAIL, affix the Blackberry Bliss card stock to front of the Mint Macaron base.
- Die cut the long, scallop edge from the Stitched Be Mine dies with the Pretty Peacock piece.
- Using Glue Dots, affix the Pretty Peacock edge piece under the right edge of the Best Dressed DSP piece.
- Tape this whole piece on top of the Blackberry Bliss, aligning the left edges.
- Die cut a Scallop Circle from the Mint Macaron scrap.
- Die cut a Stitched Circle from the 3” x 3” Whisper White scrap. Stamp the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink onto the stitched circle on the right-hand side of the circle.
- Stamp the flowers onto the Whisper White scraps. Color with Stampin’ Writer Markers (Daffodil Delight, Purple Posy, Pretty Peacock and Blackberry Bliss) and then use the coordinating die cuts to cut out.
- With Glue Dots, attach the flowers onto the stitched circle. Use Glue Dots to place this circle onto the scallop circle.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of this focal point and position on the front of the card.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please let me know if you have questions about this card or any other crafting projects.