I’ve always admired “shaker cards,” but from afar. I wasn’t sure I could actually make one. But with some directions from videos online and some inspiration from Kimberly Van Diepen, I created this shaker card to share at Kim’s Paper Krafters team meeting.
Here’s how it went together:
- Die cut the “Joy” word from the Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies on a piece of 5 1/4 x 4 Whisper White Card Stock
- Emboss this piece with the Lucky Stars Textured Embossing Folder
- Turn the piece backward
- Apply a piece of Stampin’ Up!’s Window Sheets — enough to cover Joy. I applied it with Sticky Strip.
- Using pieces of the SU!’s Shaker Frames, form a border around the word, being sure to keep the protective layer on the sticky foam
- Put a generous amount of the Frosted Sequins in the pocket you’ve created
- Remove the adhesive from the foam and adhere another Window Sheet to the top
- Afix this piece to a piece of Real Red card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Embellish with stars punched from the Red Glimmer paper
- Sit back, admire, and shake!
This was a fun project and my in-town team members en”joy”ed it!
Thanks for stopping by today.