Welcome to the Stamp It June Blog Hop: It’s for the Boys. Whether you’ve come from Liz Miller’s blog or this is the first stop of the day, we’re so glad you joined us. This month’s hop features cards focusing on the men and boys in our lives.
I’ve been on a watercoloring binge lately, so I wanted to incorporate that into today’s card. Here are some of the steps I took to put this creation together:
- Using the Circles Framelits, I cropped two different sized circles from both the watercolor and Always Artichoke card stock.
- With the Aqua Painters, I applied layers of Always Artichoke, Marina Mist and So Saffron ink to the Watercolor paper.
- I lightly sponged Crumb Cake ink around the edges of the circles to take the edge off. (I also sponged the edge of the hardwood piece.)
- I stamped the goose image from the Wetlands set (so great for guy cards!) in Stazon and applied it to the watercolored background.
- I inked the Hardwood Background stamp with Versamark, applied it to Crumb Cake card stock and heat embossed it with Black Embossing Powder.
- I notched a piece of the Burlap Ribbon and glued it to the hardwood base and used dimensionals to add the layered image
Enjoy today’s hop. The next stop is Tami White.