I spent the Fourth of July weekend in Durango, Colorado, helping my sister celebrate her 50th birthday. (Her birthday is actually next week, but I’ll be in Salt Lake City at Stampin’ Up!’s annual convention.) But what a good excuse to check out her new home and her new town.
Here’s the card I made for her special day. I’ve been hooked on Blackberry Bliss paired with Hello Honey — so this is what popped into my head.
I used a variety of Stampin’ Up! goodies to create this card:
- Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss, and Whisper White card stock
- Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin’ Pad
- In Color 2014-2016 Designer Series Paper Stack
- Fabulous Four Stamp Set (I had this out on the table for my class Thursday night)
- Starburst Framelits Dies
- Banner Framelits Dies
- Decorative Dots Embossing Folder
- Typset Alphabet Bigz (this is retired but I haven’t had the chance to purchase the new Perfect Print Numbers Bigz)
Below is a photo of my sister Kara and her friend Joe unwrapping some of her lovely 50th birthday gifts. (What’s a 50th birthday without some gag gifts!) If you look closely you can see the homemade wrapping paper. I used the Memorable Moments stamp set and stamped some “moving” paper with Black Stazon. Love it when Stampin’ Up! products can be called upon in a pinch!
And we had creme brule for dessert!