I recently returned from Stampin’ Up!’s incentive trip to Maui! What a treat! The weather was beautiful, and the company spoiled the earners and their guests. I truly thank all of my friends, customers, team, and supportive husband for this awesome opportunity.
The event focuses mainly on relaxing, recharging, and connecting with other demonstrators. We didn’t have any planned stamping events, but we did exchange swap cards. To participate, I made 26 of one card. (See my card here.)
Then, we receive 25 different cards back! It’s so fun to see the variety of ideas presented by other demonstrators. (Review the video of the cards I received here. Hint: the card showcase takes place near the end of the video.)
Expressions in Ink Gift Card Holder
I really liked a card I received from Selene Kempton; it doubles as a gift card holder. I changed up the Designer Series Paper and the sentiment to make it my own.
My version uses the following products from Stampin’ Up!’s 2021-2022 Annual Catalog:
- Expressions in Ink 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper
- Sentiment from Peaceful Moments
- Fine Art Gold Ribbon
- Gold Foil Paper
Dimensions to cut the card stock, working from the top down:
- 4 1/4 x 2 3/4 — your choice of Designer Series Paper
- 4 1/2 x 3 — colored coordinating card stock
- 7 1/2 x 4 3/4, scored at 1 inch and 4 1/4 inches — white “base”
- 5 1/4 x 3 3/4 — colored coordinating card stock mat
- 1 x 4 3/4 — Designer Series Paper for the inside trim piece
Gift Card Holder Inside
Be sure to watch the following video for a visual look at how this unique gift card holder goes together.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in Mesa, Arizona, I love helping people discover their creativity through both in-person classes, weekly Facebook live demonstrations, and video tutorials. Please let me know how I can help you with your paper crafting journey.
Click here to sign up to receive my free email newsletter that includes free tutorials and a heads up about Stampin’ Up! specials and news.
Supplies Used to Create this Project
Click on any of the graphics below to shop for the products to create this project.
Today’s post shares a fun Tree Angle gift card holder. Be sure to watch the video for detailed instructions and techniques.
As the holidays approach, we’re starting to shop for gifts for loved ones and friends. Gift cards rate as popular go-to items each year. I’m sharing a fun and festive way to present and send those gift cards. This card fits in one of Stampin’ Up!’s regular-size envelopes.
Today’s card uses Stampin’ Up!’s Tree Angle stamp set, Stitched Triangles, and Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper. I also added the gorgeous Red & Green Foil sheets.
Basically, this Tree Angle Gift Card Holder card starts as a full-size card. Using the Stampin’ Trimmer, I cut a piece out of the front. It leaves a gate flap on the bottom.
Here’s a photo of the inside of the card.
You can see that the gift card slides into the front flap. The right side gives you space to write a message.
Here are the measurements for the different pieces of designer series paper used here. You can change up the design using the many different varieties of patterned paper offered by Stampin’ Up!
And, here is a YouTube video (a Facebook live replay) showing you step-by-step how to create this card. Please let me know if you have any questions.
I appreciate you taking the time to visit Kim Plays with Paper. If you’re not currently working with a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I’d love to help you with your paper crafting journey. Leave a comment below or email me at: email@example.com
List of Products Used to Create this Card
Click on any of the graphics below to shop 24/7 from my online store:
Here’s a gift card holder video and instructions using Stampin’ Up! Boho Indigo Product Medley.
I’m smitten with Stampin’ Up!’s Boho Indigo Product Medley. See this post where I show five cards I created with it. I also detail the products included in the medley. The last post centered around cards. This post shares a quick and easy gift card holder. It can also be used to gift cash! Be sure to watch the video below. It’s a replay of a Facebook Live I recorded on my Facebook business page.
How it Goes Together
Here are the details:
- Any piece of card stock or Designer Series Paper cut to 8 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches. (I love that you can get three gift card holders from one 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock, with scraps to spare.)
- On the long side, score the card stock at 2 1/2 inches and 6 1/2 inches.
- Adhere Stampin’ Up!’s Tear and Tape to each side of the “bigger” section to make a pocket. Be sure to put the tape close to the edges so the gift card fits well.
- Decorate the two front flaps with any Designer Series Paper cut to 3 1/4 inches x 1 3/4 inches and 3 1/4 inches by 2 1/4 inches.
- Include a sentiment with your choice of greeting to suit your occasions. In my example, I used the birthday sentiment from the Boho Indigo set in conjunction with the Stitched Shapes (circle) and scallop from the Layering Circles Dies.
- Adhere the sentiment to the front of the gift card holder. Make sure you only put adhesive on the top of the holder. (You don’t want to seal it shut!)
- I used small, self-adhesive Velcro circles to keep the holder closed.
Gift Card Holder Video
I hope you enjoy this quick video. Be sure to join me Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. Arizona time on my business Facebook page for other live videos. I’d love for you to subscribe to my YouTube Channel, too.
Please let me know if you have questions. Thanks for stopping by today.
This video below shows you how to create a quick and easy gift card holder!
It’s that time of year again! We’re gearing up for Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, graduations, weddings, and more. And even though we’re experiencing a time where we may not be able to celebrate together, it’s a great opportunity to send someone your loving thoughts. We can still order gift cards online, and we can still send items via the US Postal Service. In fact, it’s a great time for happy mail of any kind.
The Project: Quick and Easy Gift Card Holder
I found this easy gift card holder while perusing Pinterest. In fact, I’m sure I made some a few years ago. But I’ve resurrected them and updated them with some new designs and Stampin’ Up! products.
The base is just an envelope. You heard me! Just an envelope measuring 5 3/4 inches by 4 3/8 inches. Stampin’ Up! sells both Whisper White and Very Vanilla. You receive 40 envelopes for $7.50. These are high-quality envelopes that fit standard cards.
See the video below for how to transform this card-making staple into a gift card holder.
I’ve used a variety of different products on the gift cards. Here’s a quick recap working left to right (All Stampin’ Up! A shopping list is included after the video.):
- Graduation: Witty-cisms stamp set; Neutrals 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper, Black Card Stock, Stitched Shapes, Layering Circles, Metallic Silver-edge Ribbon, Dark Basic Black Blend.
- Mother’s Day: Best Dressed Bundle, 6 x 6 Dressed to Impressed Designer Series Paper, 1/8 inch Mint Macaron Sheer Linen Ribbon, Stitched Shapes, Blackberry Bliss and Mint Macaron Card Stock.
- Wedding: Itty Bitty Greetings, Gold Embossing, Gold Foil, Stitched Be Mine Framelits, Country Floral 3D Embossing Folder, Gold Metallic-Edge Ribbon.
- Father’s Day: Country Club Designer Series Paper, Country Club Bundle, Country Club Baker’s Twine, Night of Navy Ink and Card Stock.
Thanks for stopping by today! Please let me know if you have questions about the projects or the video. I’d love to hear your thoughts. Be sure to check below for a shopping list.
Do you like to make items in addition to greeting cards with your paper crafting products? I know I love to make small treat packets and gift packaging. They’re fun to give out at classes and special events and to celebrate birthdays, say thank you, and more. These are also perfect for bridal or baby shower partyfavors.
I started playing with Stampin’ Up!’s Countryside Corners Dies. Find them on page 63 of Stampin’ Up!’s 2023-2024 Annual Catalog.
These dies make great frames for cards, and they pair with the Countryside stamp set. But they’re also large enough to make a treat holder.
Countryside Corners Treat Holder
And, this design is easy peasy. Here are a few details. Be sure to watch the video below (a Facebook live replay) to see step-by-step instructions for making these fun treat packets.
- Use the largest die to cut the image from card stock (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″)
- Score the die cut 2 1/4″ on each end
- Choose the second largest die and cut some coordinating Designer Series Paper
- Trim two inches off each end of the image.
- Fold the card stock on the score lines
- Glue the DSP to each side
- Insert candy
- Pinch the top of the packet together and punch a hole with a small hole punch
- Add ribbon
- Decorate as you wish
Enjoy these two additional samples. Which one is your favorite?
The above packets uses the Starry Sky design from the 2022-2023 In Color 6 x 6 Paper Pack with a sentiment from Country Bouquet and flower from Petal Park.
And this last sample uses the Bright & Beautiful 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper with a sentiment from the Circle Sayings Stamp Set.
How To Video
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. Need more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free, email newsletter. I send two to three newsletters each month that include a free card-making tutorial, paper crafting video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and specials. Click here. Then check your email for a message from AWeber. They wan to be sure you want to receive my emails.
Click on any of the pictures below to shop from my online store for the products used to create this project.