Read below for a free tutorial for this Under My Umbrella Card Sample.
The Under My Umbrella stamp set and coordinating Umbrella Builder Punch offer a fun duo for making a variety of all-occasion cards, especially “thinking of you” cards. Both the stamp set and punch are included in Stampin’ Up!’s new Annual Catalog when it goes live at noon Mountain Time Wednesday, June 3. Purchase it before June 2 and get a 10 percent discount on the bundle. Click here.
Here’s a free tutorial.
Under My Umbrella Card Sample Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Under My Umbrella (151518)
- PAPER – Daffodil Delight (119683), Whisper White (100730), Pool Party (122924)
- INK – Pool Party Ink Pad (147107), Calypso Coral Ink Pad (147101), Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (132708), Pool Party Stampin’ Blends (154894), Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends (154881), Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends (154893), Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends (154887); Old Olive Stampin’ Blends (154892); Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends (154891)
- OTHER – Umbrella Builder Punch (151293), Label Me Lovely Punch (151296), Linen Thread (104199), Dimensionals (104430), Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder (153200), Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Cutting & Scoring:
- Whisper White Cardstock – 4 ¼” x 11”, score and fold at 5 ½”, one piece 2 ½” x 3 ¾”, and Whisper White Cardstock – scraps
- Pool Party Cardstock – 2 ¾” x 4”
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock – 4” x 5 ¼”
- Dry emboss Daffodil Delight cardstock using Old World Paper embossing folder.
- Stamp raindrops in Pool Party ink onto smaller Whisper White cardstock, adhere to Pool Party cardstock.
- Attach these layers to your dry embossed layer.
- Wrap Linen Thread around these layers securing your tails to the back of your embossed piece.
- Adhere these layers to your Whisper White card base.
- Stamp sentiment in Calypso Coral ink onto Whisper White cardstock and punch out using Label Me Pretty punch. Adhere to card using Dimensionals.
- Stamp umbrella handle, flowers, and umbrella in Tuxedo Black ink, then color in using Stampin’ Blends.
- Punch out umbrella and umbrella handle.
- Hand cut out flowers.
- Attach your elements using Dimensionals.
- Finish with a bow tied in Linen Thread.
Click on any of the graphics below to go to my online store to shop 24/7. Be sure to also check the Last-Chance List of retiring products.
I hope you enjoy this free tutorial for the Under My Umbrella bundle!
Under My Umbrella
Even though Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 January-June Mini Catalog came out early January, there are still a lot of stamp sets and goodies to enjoy. Under My Umbrella Bundle, found on page 42, offers a fun stamp set and punch combination. This card and tutorial was created by Judy Garza.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Under My Umbrella (151518), Under My Umbrella Bundle (153786)
- PAPER Pool Party Cardstock (122924), Calypso Coral Cardstock (122925), Whisper White Thick Cardstock (140272), Whisper White Cardstock (100730), Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper(DSP) (153558)
- INK – Early Espresso Ink Pad (119686)
- STAMPIN’ BLENDS: Dk Calypso Coral (144044), Dk Daffodil Delight (144585), Dk. Petal Pink (146871), Light Old Olive (144574)
- OTHER- Umbrella Builder Punch (151293), Stitched So Sweetly Dies (151690), Corrugated 3D Embossing Folder (151811), Paper Snips (103579), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220), Crushed Curry 3/8” Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (149444), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Pool Party – 11” x 4 ¼”, score at 5 ½”, 3 7/8” x 5 3/8”.
- Calypso Coral – 4 ¼” x 3 1/8”.
- Whisper White – 4 ¼” x 3”, 5 ¼” x 4” (inside)
- Dry-emboss Pool Party panel and adhere to the card front.
- Use the largest scallop rectangle die to die-cut smaller Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamp and punch an umbrella from the DSP. TIP: It is easier to punch the umbrella then, using a self-made template, stamp the umbrella using the Stamparatus.
- Position the umbrella on the scallop rectangle and lightly pencil-trace the top outline. (This is to aid with positioning the flower stamps. Be sure to pencil in the outside tips)
- Use Early Espresso ink to stamp the two floral images a total of three times, making sure they do not extend past the outer ends of the umbrella. It is ok if some fall over the top line as they will be covered.
- Stamp one each of the two floral images onto a scrap of Whisper White. Use Blends to color all the flowers and leaves, as shown. Then, fussy cut the extra images.
- Glue the umbrella under the flowers (where the pencil marks are).
- Stamp the sentiment in the upper left corner. Glue the umbrella handle, as shown.
- Strategically dimensional one (or two) of the extra flower cluster images to cover up any gaps in stamped flowers.
- Glue the focal panel to the Calypso Coral panel then dimensional the unit to the center of the card front.
- Make a bow and add to the upper right corner with a glue dot.
- Finally, add rhinestones to the larger flower centers.
Products Used to Create This Card