Love this super easy treat packet! Perfect for teacher gifts, stocking stuffers, and treats for friends. I was inspired by a video by Katherine Themann back in August. So many fun ways to change these up with different patterned papers, rubber stamps, holidays and themes. Be sure to watch my video below showing visually how these go together.
I used Stampin’ Up!’s Candy Canes background stamp found in Stampin’ Up!’s July-December Mini Catalog. See this post for other card samples.
Candy Canes Treat Packet
- Start with piece of Real Red card stock measuring 10 inches by 3 1/4 inches.
- Score at 1 inch, 4 3/4 inches, and 6 1/4 inch. Fold.
- Decorate the front and the back of the packet with either stamped card stock (like the Candy Canes) or Designer Series Paper. You need two pieces that measure 3 inches x 3 1/2 inches and one piece that measure 3 inches by 3/4 inches.
- Add a sentiment and embellish.
- Trim three inches from one of Stampin’ Up!’s 3 x 9 gusseted cellophone bags. Fill with candy of choice. (This is the best part! — and eating the extras!) Adhere the bag to the inside of the treat packet.
- Close the treat package with self-adhesive Velcro.
- Top off with complementary ribbon.
Enjoy a couple of other samples.
Candy Canes Treat Packet Video
Thanks for joining me today. Please let me know if you have questions about this project or any other rubber stamping and card making techniques.
Looking for more inspiration? Sign up for my free email newsletter by clicking here. I send two to three emails each month that include a free tutorial, video, and more. (Once you click this link, watch your InBox for a confirmation email from AWeber. They want to be sure you want emails from me!)
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store.
When I got my first glimpse of Stampin’ Up!’s July-December 2021 Mini Catalog, this Candy Canes background stamp made the top of the list. Imagine my surprise, when I came home from the incentive trip with this as a gift.
So, I started to play and just let my imagination roll with it. Be sure to read the entire post to see other card samples and a video that shows the samples and explains them in more detail. In the video, I reveal a Stamparatus tip to help you with background stamps.
Please enjoy this free tutorial.
Candy Cane Christmas
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Candy Canes (156373), Perfectly Plaid (158335)
- PAPER – Real Red (102482), Crumb Cake (120953)
- INK – Real Red (147084)
- OTHER –Real Red 3/8” Mini Ruffled Ribbon (156323), Tasteful Labels Dies (152886), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels (146924), Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (151003)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Crumb Cake – 8 ½” x 4 ¼” scored at 4 ¼”, 3 ¾” x 3 ¾”, scrap
- Real Red – 4” x 4”
- Ribbon – 5“, 3”
- Fold the 8 ½” x 4 ¼” Crumb Cake Card Stock in half.
- Stamp the Candy Canes with Real Red ink on the 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” Crumb Cake Card Stock.
- Die cut the Crumb Cake label with the Tasteful Labels Dies, as shown above.
- Use Real Red ink to stamp the Merry Christmas sentiment from Perfectly Plaid onto the label.
- Adhere the Candy Cane panel to the 4” x 4” Real Red Card Stock with your adhesive of choice.
- Create a faux bow: Attach a Glue Dot to each end of the 5” ribbon. Wrap the ribbon around the Candy Cane panel, adhering the Glue Dots in the back. Slip the 3” ribbon under the ribbon on the card and tie a knot.
- Attach this whole piece to the front of the Crumb Cake base with adhesive.
- Place some Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of the label and adhere to the front of the card, on the right, on top of the ribbon.
- Embellish with a Red Rhinestone Basic Jewel.
Candy Canes Card Samples
With Frosted Gingerbread and a Fun Fold
Candy Canes with Stitched Rectangles
Candy Canes Card Samples Video
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope I provided some inspiration for your holiday card making! Please contact me if you have questions about any of the cards show here. I’d love to help you in your paper crafting journey.
Need more idea? Subscribe to my free, email newsletter by clicking here. I send two to three emails each month that include a free tutorial, video, Stampin’ Up! updates, and special offers for subscribers.
Click on any of the graphics below to shop for supplies directly from my online store.
Thanks for joining us today! Welcome to Team Stamp It’s June blog hop. This month,The r we feature cards and projects with a summer and/or patriotic theme. Be sure to visit all of the talented stampers participating in the hop. Leave a comment with the hashtag #stampitcontest. You could win a Hello Dear Friend card kit.
My card features the super fun Hats Off Bundle found on page 47 of Stampin’ Up!’s new Annual Catalog. Actually, I only used the smaller hat die to convey my summer and patriotic theme. The sentiment comes from A Good Man stamp set (located on page 46).
I’ve had a lot of fun creating a variety of hats — for both men and women — with this bundle. View this blog post for a few other ideas and a video.
Hats Off to Summer Card
The red, white, and blue theme, combined with the baseball hats, gives off a great summer vibe. After all, summer and baseball are synonymous.
In addition to the Hats Off Bundle and A Good Man, I used the following Stampin’ Up! products:
- Basic White, Real Red, Night of Navy and Crumb Cake Card Stock
- Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Circles from the Picture This dies
- Bottom layering decorative circle from Tasteful Labels Dies
- Tasteful Textiles Embossing Folder
- The red/white ribbon from the Playful Pets Trim Ribbon Combo Pack
- Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop and leave a comment for a chance to win a free card kit.
I’d love to have you subscribe to my free email newsletter. I send two to three emails a month and include a free tutorial and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and products. Click here and be sure to check your email to verify your subscription.
Congratulations to last month’s winner: Lisa Parsons.
Blog Hop Participants
Hats Off to Summer Product List
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store.
With the start of June, summer officially begins! What treat says summer? Ice cream. (Who I am kidding? Anytime of the year is a good time for ice cream!)
In fact, June 7 marked National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. I created a fun shaker card to share using Stampin’ Up!’s Sweet Ice Cream stamp set and Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch.
This bundle first appeared in Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. The good news: It’s also found a spot in the brand-new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog.
However, a few products used to create the Sweet Ice Cream shaker card (card design inspired by Kim Allen) retire at the end of June (or while supplies last). These include:
- Ice Cream Corner Designer Series Paper
- Blackberry Bliss Stripe Ribbon
- Ice Cream Corner Sprinkles
As of today’s post, these items are all still available. Click here to view the Last Chance Product List. Some items offered at discounts up to 50 percent off. While supplies last. Another great way to shop the last chance list is to go directly to my online store at kimquade.stampinup.net and view the discounted items there.
Sweet Ice Cream Shaker Card
Be sure to watch the video below showing how this card goes together. Here are some measurements to help you create this at home:
- Sentiment piece: 1/2 inch x 2 3/4 inches
- Designer Series Paper: 3/4 inch x 4 3/4
- White top piece die cut with Tasteful Labels: 3 1/2 x 4 3/4
- Window Sheet: 3 3/8 x 4 5/8
- White “cover” for window: 2 1/2 x 4
- Layering Piece: 3 3/4 x 5
- Base: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
Here’s another version of this shaker card using the Rainbow Glimmer Paper as the ice cream scoops.
Sweet Ice Cream Shaker Card Video
Products used to create this card. Click on any of the graphics below to shop from my online store:
“On trend” accurately describes the new offerings in Stampin’ Up!’s 2021-2022 Annual Catalog. Each year, the designers diligently research what’s in and what’s not. The colors and designs come to life in the form of new rubber stamps, ink, papers, and more.
The tie dye scene is back, and I see it all over in an array of clothing items and more. The new Spiral Dye background stamp offers a fun way to replicate this fun and colorful look on paper. Find the cling stamp on page 118. It sells for $17.
I used it to create the focal point for birthday cards. This technique works best with a Stamparatus. Align your paper on the Stamparatus. I used the Basic White. Ink your stamp with your first color and stamp onto the cardstock. Clean the stamp (I use Simply Shammy). Turn the stamped card stock 180-degrees. Ink the stamp with another coordinating color. Stamp the image on top of your already stamped piece. The result is a fun design. (FYI: I used Fresh Freesia and Pale Papaya.)
I created the sentiment with the Happy Thoughts stamp set (January-June 2021 Mini Catalog) and the Tasteful Labels Dies. In addition, I used the Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon and the 2021-2023 In Color Jewels.
Spiral Dye Birthday Card Video
I also want to make you aware of two Stampin’ Up! special offers this month. Read about them below.
This is “the” best way to maximize your dollar! From now through May 31, purchase Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit for just $99 + tax (shipping is free). You choose $155 worth of ANY products you want. That’s a lot of free product — $56! Once you purchase the kit, enjoy the 20 percent discount. No need to host parties, workshops, or events. Just have fun stamping.
In addition, you become part of Stampin’ Up!’s exclusive family. Perks include a demonstrator-only Facebook page loaded with card-making ideas and tips, an opportunity to see catalogs early and preorder products, a chance to participate in fun stamping events, and more.
And, you can participate in my team — Kim’s Paper Krafters. Through a Facebook group, zoom meetings, and some in-person gatherings, I offer challenges, incentives, tutorials, and fun.
Click here to start the process. Please let me know if you have questions. I’m here to help.
Connect, Craft, and Collect
When the new catalog debuts Tuesday, May 4, 2021, earn extra Stampin’ Rewards. Place a $250 order or host a party with a total of $250 or more and receive an additional $25 to put toward new product. That’s a minimum of $40 in free product.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I’d love to help you in your paper crafting journey.
Spiral Dye Birthday Card Supply List
Click on any of the images below to shop directly from my online store.