Last week, Stampin’ Up! debuted two brand-new catalogs: the January-June 2022 Mini Catalog and SaleABration. Both offer fun, new, and exciting products.
As a demonstrator, I was able to order many of the components of the Heart & Home Suite. It’s a robust suite that includes two stamp sets, two coordinating die cut sets, the Hive 3D Embossing Folder, Denim Ribbon, Classic Matte Dots, Heart & Home Doilies, memories and more cards and envelopes, and the Heart & Home Designer Series Paper (DSP).
Blessings of Home Card Sample
The card above uses the Blessings of Home stamp set in conjunction with the Heart & Home Designer 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper. The die cuts comes from the Stitched So Sweetly Die Cuts.
I’ve seen a lot of cards on Pinterest and Facebook that feature this “block” design for Designer Series Paper. It allows you to showcase three different designs all on one card. The large piece on the left measures 5 1/16 inch x 1 7/8 inch. The two squares on the right each measure 1 7/8 inch by 2 1/2 inches I can see using this design for all of the packages of awesome DSP Stampin’ Up! offers.
I used the coordinating colors of Pale Papaya, Fresh Freesia, and Garden Green.
Stayed tuned for Saturday’s blog post where I share a host of other card samples using this same suite!
Blessings of Home Card Sample
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. Looking for more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free email newsletter by clicking here. I send two to three newsletters a month that include a free tutorial, video and Stampin’ Up! news and updates.
Click on any of the graphics below to shop for the products used to create this card.
I was excited to receive this Candy Canes background stamp on Stampin’ Up!’s Maui Incentive Trip. When I saw the July-December 2021 Mini Catalog, it ranked at the top of my list.
Since then, I’ve been finding a variety of creative ways to use this stamp set. See this blog post for other examples.
Today, I offer a free tutorial to create the card pictured above.
Candy Canes Card Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Candy Canes (156373), Frosted Gingerbread (156314)
- PAPER –Basic White Card Stock (159276), Real Red Card Stock (102482)
- INK – Real Red (147084), Versamark (102283)
- OTHER – Stitched Rectangle Dies (151820), Tasteful Labels Dies (152886), Star-Crossed Embossing Folder (156567), Pearl Basic Jewels (144219), Playful Pets Trim Combo Pack (152466), Basics Stampin’ Emboss Powders (155554), Heat Tool (129053), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Real Red – 8 ½” x 5 ½” scored at 4 ¼”, 4 ½” x 3 1/8”, 4” x 2 ½”
- Basic White –5 ¼” x 4” (2), 4 ½” x 3 ½”
- Ribbon – 8” (Red and White Pattern)
- Ink the sentiment with Versamark Ink. Stamp it in the middle of the 4” x 2 ½” inch piece of Real Red Card Stock. Cover with White Embossing Powder and shake off excess. Heat with Heat Tool. Die cut with the label from the Tasteful Labels Dies.
- Stamp the Candy Canes background stamp onto the 4 ½” x 3 ½” inch Basic White Card Stock with Real Red Ink. Die cut with the Stitched Rectangle Die that measures approximately 3” x 4 3/8”.
- Glue the Candy Cane layer to the 4 ½” x 3 1/8” Real Red Card Stock.
- Emboss one of the 5 ¼” x 4” pieces of Basic White Card Stock with the Star-Crossed Embossing Folder.
- Fold the 8 ½” x 5 ½” card stock in half. Add the dry embossed white piece on top of this.
- Adhere the Candy Cane/Real Red layer on top of the Star-Crossed embossed piece.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up the sentiment in the middle of the Candy Cane piece.
- Add a pearl to each side of the sentiment, as shown above.
- Tie a bow with the ribbon and adhere to card front using a Glue Dot.
- Adhere the last Basic White panel to the inside of the card.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Looking for more inspiration? Sign up here to receive my free email newsletter. I send two to three newsletters each month that include a free tutorial, video, and Stampin’ Up! updates. Once you click on the link, be sure to check your email for a confirmation from AWeber. They want to be sure you want my emails!
Click on any of the links below to shop directly from my online store:
Welcome to Team Stamp It’s October blog hop. We are so glad you joined us! This month we feature holiday cards and projects, including Thanksgiving and Christmas. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop. Leave a comment on each with the hashtag #stampitcontest to enter to win a free Hello Dear Friend card kit. See the list of hoppers below.
Gorgeous Leaves Thanksgiving Card–Alcohol Blends Technique
I love the background of this card. It features the rubbing alcohol and Stampin’ Blends technique. See the video below for a look at how this technique works.
Basically, choose the Stampin’ Blends colors you want to use. Scribble or color on a piece of Vellum Card Stock. For this card, I used Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake. Then, with a paint brush, drip 91 percent rubbing alcohol onto the colored parts. Watch as the ink spreads and merges to make a cool background. Once it’s dry, you can use the vellum for a variety of card-making purposes. You’ll get a different result each time you try this. Experiment and have fun with it!
In addition, this card uses:
I hope you’ve found some inspiration in today’s project. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop and leave a comment. You could win a Hello Dear Friend card kit.
Congratulations to last month’s winner: Laura Klinkler.
List of Blog Hoppers
Click on the links below to visit participating blogs:
Click on any of the photos below to shop directly from my online store:
Welcome to the March 2021 Maui Achievers Blog Hop.
We’re a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world who have achieved the Stampin’ Up! bonus of the Maui incentive trip. We celebrate this achievement by organizing a monthly hop which helps us continue to inspire you creatively.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way there’s a list at the end of this post to help you move around to all the different blogs and gather many amazing ideas. We have all listed our country – so if you’re looking for a demonstrator, these are top demonstrators in their country and would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! shopping or if you’d like to join our Stampin’ Up! teams. Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment. We love to hear from you.
Rainbow Glimmer Paper Meets Friendly Flamingo
When the Rainbow Glimmer Paper appeared in Stampin’ Up!’s 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, I purchased a package. And, then, I hoarded it. Who can relate to that?
I recently realized we’ll be seeing a brand-new catalog May 5; I really should use some of those products I’ve been “saving.”
The Rainbow Glimmer Paper is just so vibrant. It speaks tropical. The package includes two, 12 x 12 sheets that coordinate with the colors of Granny Apple Green, Blackberry Bliss, Mango Melody, Magenta Madness, and Bermuda Bay.
So I combined it with the Friendly Flamingo Bundle. Find it on page 43 of the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. Purchase the stamp set and dies as a bundle and receive a 10 percent discount.
In addition to the Rainbow Glimmer Paper and the Friendly Flamingo Bundle, I used:
- the coordinating colors of Magenta Madness, Mango Melody, and Coastal Cabana
- a rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- Greenery Embossing Folder
It’s a very simple card with a little bit of die cutting and a little bit of stamping. Quick and easy, it’s ready to send to a friend.
Click here to see some other card samples using the Friendly Flamingo Bundle.
Thanks so much for stopping by the March 2021 Maui Achievers Blog Hop. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop to a variety of inspiration for your paper crafting projects.
List of Blog Hoppers
List of Products Used to Create this Project
Read below to get a free Flowers for Every Season tutorial.
So much fun, new product in Stampin’ Up!’s 2020-2021 Annual Catalog.
I’m loving this 6 x 6 Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper. It offers exactly what it says, designs for each season.
Enjoy the free tutorial for this card (inspired by Tammy Nelson) that also features two of the new In Colors, including Magenta Madness and Misty Moonlight and the Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set.
Flowers for Every Season Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Itty Bitty Greetings (151331)
- PAPER – Whisper White (100730), Misty Moonlight (153081), Magenta Madness (153080) Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper (DSP) (152486)
- INK – Memento (132708)
- OTHER – Stitched So Sweetly Dies (151690), Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder (151474), Magenta Madness 2020-2022 In Color ¼” Ribbon (153623), Stampin Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Misty Moonlight – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼”, 3 ¼” x 4 ¼”
- Whisper White– 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”, 2”x 2”
- Magenta Madness – 3 3/4 “x 5”
- Flowers for Every Season DSP- 3” x 4”
- Magenta Madness Ribbon – 5” and 8”
- Emboss the Magenta Madness CS with the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder adhere to the Whisper White CS and then adhere to the base of the card
- Adhere the DSP to the 3 ¼” x 4 ¼” Misty Moonlight CS. Adhere the 5” Magenta Madness to the card piece, use the 8” ribbon to tie a bow and adhere using a Glue Dot.
- Using the smallest rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies, cut out a rectangle from the 2” x 2” piece of Whisper White card stock.
- Stamp sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set on the Whisper White rectangle. Adhere to the card front using dimensionals
Want these products?
Click on any of the graphics below to go to my online store.