Today, I’m sharing a graduation card and free tutorial made with Stampin’ Up!’s Sailing Home stamp set and Come Sail Away Suite.
Find this fun suite of products in Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog on pages 144-146. It’s a perfect choice for a number of occasions, and graduation is one of them. The sentiment, “Set Sail in the Direction of Your Dreams” seems so fitting for a graduate. The stamp set, Sailing Home, and the coordinating dies, Smooth Sailing, carry over into the upcoming catalog. Right now, purchase the bundle and receive a 10 percent discount. (Note: The bundle won’t be discounted in the upcoming catalog.)
But if you like the Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper, the High Seas 3D Embossing Folder, the Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine, and/or the Sail Away Trinkets, order them now before they’re gone. They’re retiring. Click here to shop the list of items retiring from Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog. Some items are discounted!
The Sailing Home Graduation Card Tutorial
Here are step-by-step directions for creating this card:
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Sailing Home (149457)
- PAPER – Whisper White (100730), Night of Navy (100867), Balmy Blue (14682), Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper (DSP) (149481)
- INK – Night of Navy (147110)
- OTHER –Smooth Sailing Dies (149576), High Seas 3D Embossing Folder (149577), Sail Away Trinkets (149482), Baker’s Twine (149483), Glue Dots (103683), SNAIL (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Paper Snips (103579), Paper Trimmer (152392), Die Cut Machine
Cutting & Scoring:
- Night of Navy Card Stock – 8 ½” x 5 ½” – score and fold at 4 ¼”; one piece of 5” x 2 ¼”
- Come Sail Away DSP – 4 ¾” x 2”
- Balmy Blue – 5 ¼” x 4”
- Whisper White – 2 ½” x 2 ½” for sentiment; 5 ¼” x 4” (for inside of the card)
- Fold the Night of Navy base in half.
- Place the Balmy Blue card stock inside the High Seas 3D Embossing Folder and run through the die cut machine.
- With Multipurpose Liquid Glue, adhere the embossed Balmy Blue piece to the Night of Navy base.
- With SNAIL or Glue Dots, affix the Come Sail Away DSP to the 5” x 2 ¾” Night of Navy strip.
- Attach this strip to the Balmy Blue on the left side of the card with your choice of adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment with Night of Navy ink onto the Whisper White scrap. Die cut with the coordinating die.
- Attach the sentiment to the card front. Hint: Place a Glue Dot on the left side of the sentiment and a Stampin’ Dimensional on the right and place it on the card front.
- Cut a four-inch piece of Baker’s Twine and thread through the anchor trinket.
- Use a couple of glue dots to attach the trinket to the sentient in the bottom right corner.
- Adhere the 5 ¼” x 4” piece of Whisper White card stock in the center of the card.
- Stamp the anchor image in Night of Navy in the bottom right-hand corner.
Sailing Home Graduation Card Tutorial Supply List
Click on any of the graphics below to go directly to my online store to shop 24/7.