Each month, Stampin’ Up! offers a #simplestamping challenge. It encourages us to use just rubber stamps, ink, and paper to create handmade, rubber-stamped greeting cards. Through this practice, we show you don’t need a lot of wild and crazy supplies. You can make something pretty and functional with just a few supplies. (Of course, as crafters, we love to have all of the extra goodies; there are so many gorgeous and fun embellishment choices.)
This month’s challenge calls for rubber stamps, ink, paper, and a punch. Stampin’ Up!’s Sweet Ice Cream stamp set and the coordinating Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch have been popular items. Through the end of June, purchase the bundle and save 10 percent. (Note: These are both available in the new Annual Catalog separately, but not offered as a bundle discount.)
This duo offers the perfect crafting combination. Although ice cream is a great treat anytime, summer is the perfect season!
Sweet Ice Cream #simplestamping
The Sweet Ice Cream Bundle has been my bundle “binge” this week. I have a tendency to choose to a bundle of Stampin’ Up! products and work with it for a few days or a week, thus binging one it! Once I start creating, the ideas usually flow. It’s fun to see all of the designs that can come from one bundle. Check out this blog post for a video showing how I used these two products to create a fun shaker card.
The card featured above uses one of my current favorite products, the Rainbow Glimmer Paper.
The card above features the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper. It’s a host offering — available for $18 when you have a party that reaches $180 in sales. Ask me how you can earn this!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Please let me know how I can help you in your paper crafting journey.
Click here to subscribe to my email newsletter. I send two to three newsletters a month that include a free tutorial as well as information up Stampin’ Up! specials.
Click on any of the photos below to shop directly from my online store.
Welcome to the March 2021 Maui Achievers Blog Hop.
We’re a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world who have achieved the Stampin’ Up! bonus of the Maui incentive trip. We celebrate this achievement by organizing a monthly hop which helps us continue to inspire you creatively.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way there’s a list at the end of this post to help you move around to all the different blogs and gather many amazing ideas. We have all listed our country – so if you’re looking for a demonstrator, these are top demonstrators in their country and would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! shopping or if you’d like to join our Stampin’ Up! teams. Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment. We love to hear from you.
Rainbow Glimmer Paper Meets Friendly Flamingo
When the Rainbow Glimmer Paper appeared in Stampin’ Up!’s 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, I purchased a package. And, then, I hoarded it. Who can relate to that?
I recently realized we’ll be seeing a brand-new catalog May 5; I really should use some of those products I’ve been “saving.”
The Rainbow Glimmer Paper is just so vibrant. It speaks tropical. The package includes two, 12 x 12 sheets that coordinate with the colors of Granny Apple Green, Blackberry Bliss, Mango Melody, Magenta Madness, and Bermuda Bay.
So I combined it with the Friendly Flamingo Bundle. Find it on page 43 of the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. Purchase the stamp set and dies as a bundle and receive a 10 percent discount.
In addition to the Rainbow Glimmer Paper and the Friendly Flamingo Bundle, I used:
- the coordinating colors of Magenta Madness, Mango Melody, and Coastal Cabana
- a rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- Greenery Embossing Folder
It’s a very simple card with a little bit of die cutting and a little bit of stamping. Quick and easy, it’s ready to send to a friend.
Click here to see some other card samples using the Friendly Flamingo Bundle.
Thanks so much for stopping by the March 2021 Maui Achievers Blog Hop. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop to a variety of inspiration for your paper crafting projects.
List of Blog Hoppers
List of Products Used to Create this Project
Please enjoy this Butterfly Brilliance free tutorial.
While the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set and coordinating Brilliant Wings Dies will be available in Stampin’ Up!’s brand-new catalog, the sneak peek is available now. Purchase the stamp set and dies as a bundle and receive a 10 percent discount. The coordinating 6 x 6 Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper and the Natural Touch Specialty Paper are available while supplies last. Be sure to watch the video (a Facebook Live replay) to see all of the pieces in action. I’m especially loving the Rainbow Glimmer Paper from Stampin’ Up!’s 2020-2021 Annual Catalog.
Butterfly Brilliance Free Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Butterfly Brilliance (155092), Art Gallery (154421)
- PAPER – Bermuda Bay (131197), Vellum Cardstock (101856), Rainbow Glimmer (153056)
- INK – Versamark (102283), Blackberry Bliss (147092)
- OTHER –Stitched Shapes Dies (152323), Brilliant Wings Dies (155523), Classic Label Punch (141941), Pearl Basic Jewels (144219), Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack (154877), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Bermuda Bay – 8 ½” 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, 5 ¼” 4”, scrap
- Vellum – 3 ½” x 3 ½”
- Rainbow Glimmer – select pieces in desired color patterns
- Fold the 8 ½” x 5 ½” Bermuda Bay cardstock in half.
- Ink the Butterfly Brilliance stamp with Versamark and stamp on the 5 ¼” x 4” Bermuda Bay cardstock. Adhere to the card base.
- Die cut the Vellum Cardstock with the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies. Adhere to the card front with a few Glue Dots placed strategically so they can’t be seen when the butterfly is in place.
- Die cut three of the butterflies from the Rainbow Glimmer Paper, including the largest one and two of the smaller ones.
- Using the tip of the Paper Snips to put Glue Dots on the back side of the butterflies.
- Place the largest butterfly on the Vellum circle. Arrange the other butterflies on the card.
- Stamp the thank you sentiment with Blackberry Bliss ink onto the Bermuda scrap. Punch with Classic Label Punch.
- Adhere the punched sentiment to the front of the card as shown above.
- Color two small Pearl Basic Jewels with the Dark Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Blend.
- Place one each of the colored pearls on each side of the sentiment.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please let me know if you have questions about this project or any other. I’d love to help you in your papercrafting journey.
Did you know I send an email newsletter with free tutorials and videos two or three times a month? Click here