Welcome to today’s post showing you a Christmas card created with Stampin’ Up!’s Perfectly Plaid stamp set. Scroll to the bottom to view of video of its creation.
I love many things about Stampin’ Up! products. That includes its complementary products like stamp sets with coordinating punches. (Stampin’ Up!’s awesome color coordination also rates at the top of my list!)
This stamp set, Perfectly Plaid, pairs with the Pine Tree Punch. It makes creating handmade greeting cards quick and easy.
Find this Perfectly Plaid stamp set on page 60 of Stampin’ Up!’s 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. Look for the Pine Tree Punch on page 166.
I used these other products to create this card:
- Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper (August-December 2020 Mini Catalog)
- Pear Pizzazz and Real Red ink
- Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Mossy Meadow, and Whisper White card stock
- Layering Circles and Stitched Circles Dies
- Gold Cording (mini catalog)
- Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Christmas Card with Perfectly Plaid Video
Thanks for visiting my blog today and viewing the video. I have more stamping videos posted on my YouTube Channel. My goal is to reach 100 subscribers so I can get a “real” name for my channel instead of a list of random numbers and letters. Please pop over and subscribe. Thanks.
Click on any of the pictures below to shop directly from my online store.
Welcome to the Stampin’ Friends Blog Hop where I’m featuring Stampin’ Up!’s Perfectly Plaid stamp set for a handmade greeting card and easy gift card holder.
Thanks for joining us on our monthly blog hop. The theme this month is “anything goes.” That fits perfectly with my theme this month. Be sure to visit all of the hops on the blog and leave comments.
Each Thursday this month, I’m featuring a Christmas or holiday themed card using products found in Stampin’ Up!’s 2020-2021 Annual Catalog.
For this card, I used the Perfectly Plaid stamp set and coordinating Pine Tree Punch. The set and punch carried over from last year’s Holiday Catalog. Now, we can get a jump start on our holiday greeting card making with this awesome and popular duo.
Stampin’ Friends: Perfectly Plaid Card
In addition to the the stamp set and punch, here are some of the Stampin’ Up! products used to create this card:
- 2020-2022 In Color 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper (Just Jade)
- Playful Pets Designer Series Paper
- Real Red card stock and Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Just Jade Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Red Rhinestones
This is a clean and simple and easy-to-create card. See the end of the post to purchase the products used to create this card.
Perfectly Plaid Gift Coordinating Card Holder
Gift card holders are a popular item for the holidays. I created a coordinating holder using the same products as the card above. To create the holder base, start with a piece of card stock measuring 8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Score at 2 1/2″ and 6 1/2″. Fold the bottom piece up, adhering just the sides of the card stock with Tear and Tape to make a pocket for the gift card. I used small Velcro dots to the flap down. Decorate any way you wish.
Bonus Days is Ongoing
Now through August 3, receive a $5 bonus coupon with each purchase of $50 or more before tax and shipping. Earn and redeem as many coupons as you like! (You’ll be ready to spend in August when Stampin’ Up!”s August-December Mini Catalog goes live August 4.) Stampin’ Up! delivers the codes via email. Be sure to save the code in a safe spot or print the email. Codes redeemable through August 31.
When you purchase the Perfectly Plaid stamp set ($17), the Pine Tree Punch ($18), 2020-2022 In Color 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper ($11.50), and the Playful Pets Designer Series Paper ($11.50), you qualify for one $5 Bonus Code to use in August. How easy is that?
Thanks for stopping by today. Please let me know if you have questions on how this card came together. I’m happy to help with any of your crafting needs or questions.
Blog Hop List
- Teri Pocock – https://www.stampinmagic.com/2020/07/stampin-friends-blog-hop-anything-goes.html
- Jean Beaulieu – https://danantmom.blogspot.com/2020/07/july-2020-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
- Jo Blackman – https://www.joblackman.com/2020/07/sf-2020-blog-hop-anything-goes.html
- Katja Ettig – https://www.kleine-stempelmiez.de/2020/07/16/stampin-friends-blog-hop-anything-goes-2/
- Barbara Lash – https://stampingwithbarbara.com/?p=1550&preview=true
- Kim Quade – https://kimplayswithpaper.com/home/stampin-friends-perfectly-plaid/
- Kim Lamos- http://www.pinkzebrapapercreations.com/2020/07/stampin-friends-blog-hop-anything-goes.html
- Heidi Collins – https://on-y-go-stamping.weebly.com/home/nothings-better-than-the-stampin-friends-july-blog-hop
- Maureen Rauchfuss – https://crazystampinglady.blogspot.com/2020/07/sf-2020-july-anything-goes-blog-hop.html
- Melissa Thomas- https://seatoseastampin.weebly.com/blog/stampin-friends-anything-goes-blog-hop
- Steph Jandrow – https://stampinandscrappinwithsteph.weebly.com/home/stampin-friends-2020-july-blog-hop
- Barbara Welch – https://creativestampinspot.blogspot.com/2020/07/anything-goes-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
- Tiziana Milano – http://stampinwtiziana.blogspot.com/2020/07/stampin-friends-july-blog-hop-anything.html
- Anne Marie Hile – http://www.stampinanne.com/2020/07/july-2020-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
- Lisa Ann Bernard – https://www.queenbcreations.net/2020/06/stampin-friends-blog-hop-2.html
Stampin’ Up! Wrapped in Plaid
Stampin’ Up!”s Wrapped in Plaid Suite offers an awesome collection of products for your holiday and Christmas card crafting. With a stamp set, the Pine Tree Punch, Designer Series Paper, ribbon, and more, all of the products coordinate to make crafting easy and fun. I just made 30 of this card for my sister.
Here is a free tutorial for creating this card.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS –Perfectly Plaid (149418)
- PAPER – Cherry Cobbler (119685), Shaded Spruce (146981), Wrapped in Plaid 6 x 6 Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) (149596,) Gold Foil Sheets (132622), Whisper White (100730)
- INK – Shaded Spruce (147088), Cherry Cobbler (147083)
- OTHER – Pine Tree Punch (149521), Stitched Shapes Dies (145372), Layering Circles (141705), Linen Thread (1041990, Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels (146924), Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNAIL (104332), Paper Snips (103579), Die Cut Machine
Cutting & Scoring:
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock – 11” x 4 ¼” – score and fold at 5 ½”
- Gold Foil – 5 ½” x 4 ¼” and two, 3 ¼” x 3 ¼”
- Wrapped in Plaid 6 x 6 Specialty Designer Series Paper – 5 ¼” x 4”
- Shaded Spruce scraps
- Whisper White – 2 ½” x 1”
- Adhere the 5 ¼” x 4” sheet of Gold Foil onto the Cherry Cobbler card base.
- Adhere the 5” x 3 ¾” piece of Wrapped in Plaid 6 x 6 DSP onto the Gold Foil.
- Die cut both the Scallop Circle and Stitched Circle Label from the Gold Foil.
- Layer the Stitched Circle onto the scallop circle using Glue Dots or SNAIL.
- Stamp two trees with Shaded Spruce ink onto the Shaded Spruce scraps. Punch with Pine Tree Punch.
- Stamp one tree with Shaded Spruce ink onto the Whisper White scrap. Punch with Pine Tree Punch.
- Using Glue Dots, affix the white cardstock tree in the middle of the gold circles. Place a Shaded Spruce cardstock tree on each side of the white tree, overlapping the trees slightly.
- Stamp the Merry Christmas sentiment onto a white scrap measuring 2 ½” x 1” with Cherry Cobbler ink. Position it close to the right edge to leave room for the bow.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, pop up the sentiment on top of the trees.
- Tie a bow with Linen Thread. Use a Glue Dot to add the bow to the left of the sentiment. Add to card.
- Add a Red Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the top of the middle tree.
Click any of the photo links below to be taken directly to my online store to purchase the products used to create this card.
Thanks for stopping by today.