When I got my first glimpse of Stampin’ Up!’s July-December 2021 Mini Catalog, this Candy Canes background stamp made the top of the list. Imagine my surprise, when I came home from the incentive trip with this as a gift.
So, I started to play and just let my imagination roll with it. Be sure to read the entire post to see other card samples and a video that shows the samples and explains them in more detail. In the video, I reveal a Stamparatus tip to help you with background stamps.
Please enjoy this free tutorial.
Candy Cane Christmas
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Candy Canes (156373), Perfectly Plaid (158335)
- PAPER – Real Red (102482), Crumb Cake (120953)
- INK – Real Red (147084)
- OTHER –Real Red 3/8” Mini Ruffled Ribbon (156323), Tasteful Labels Dies (152886), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels (146924), Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (151003)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Crumb Cake – 8 ½” x 4 ¼” scored at 4 ¼”, 3 ¾” x 3 ¾”, scrap
- Real Red – 4” x 4”
- Ribbon – 5“, 3”
- Fold the 8 ½” x 4 ¼” Crumb Cake Card Stock in half.
- Stamp the Candy Canes with Real Red ink on the 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” Crumb Cake Card Stock.
- Die cut the Crumb Cake label with the Tasteful Labels Dies, as shown above.
- Use Real Red ink to stamp the Merry Christmas sentiment from Perfectly Plaid onto the label.
- Adhere the Candy Cane panel to the 4” x 4” Real Red Card Stock with your adhesive of choice.
- Create a faux bow: Attach a Glue Dot to each end of the 5” ribbon. Wrap the ribbon around the Candy Cane panel, adhering the Glue Dots in the back. Slip the 3” ribbon under the ribbon on the card and tie a knot.
- Attach this whole piece to the front of the Crumb Cake base with adhesive.
- Place some Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of the label and adhere to the front of the card, on the right, on top of the ribbon.
- Embellish with a Red Rhinestone Basic Jewel.
Candy Canes Card Samples
Candy Canes Card Samples Video
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope I provided some inspiration for your holiday card making! Please contact me if you have questions about any of the cards show here. I’d love to help you in your paper crafting journey.
Need more idea? Subscribe to my free, email newsletter by clicking here. I send two to three emails each month that include a free tutorial, video, Stampin’ Up! updates, and special offers for subscribers.
Click on any of the graphics below to shop for supplies directly from my online store.