This week, I’ve focused on using products from Stampin’ Up!’s current Sale-A-Bration sale.This sale allows you to earn FREE items with minimum purchases of $50 and $100 before tax and shipping. Choose from 10 different items.
I love the Penguin Playmates Designer Series Paper, especially the side of the paper without the penguins. Weird, right? But, the colors lend themselves to so many projects.
See this post for cards created with the Delicate Dahlias stamp set and the Penguin Playmates DSP.
Please enjoy this free Penguin Playmates Christmas Card Tutorial.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Peaceful Deer (156391)
- PAPER –Penguin Playmates (DSP) (158420), Fresh Freesia (155613), Soft Sea Foam (146988), Basic White (159276)
- INK – Gorgeous Grape (147099)
- OTHER – Fresh Freesia 3/8” Open Weave Ribbon (155615), Layering Circles Dies (151770), Wonderful Snowflakes (156340), Beautiful Trees Dies (155840), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108), Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (151003)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Fresh Freesia – 8 ½” x 5 ½” scored at 4 ¼”, 3 ½” x 3 ½”
- Soft Sea Foam – 3 ½” x 3 ½”
- Basic White, 5 ¼” x 4”, scrap
- DSP – 2 ½” x 5”, 1 ¼” x 5”
- Ribbon – 6“, 3”
- With Gorgeous Grape ink, stamp the Merry Christmas sentiment from the Peaceful Deer stamp set onto a Basic White scrap. Die cut with the rectangle label from the Beautiful Trees Dies.
- Die cut the 3 ½” x 3 ½” Fresh Freesia card stock with the largest circle from the Layering Circle Dies and the largest scallop on the 3 ½” x 3 ½” Soft Sea Foam card stock. Adhere these together.
- With adhesive of choice, place the two DSP pieces onto the 5 ¼” x 4” Basic White card stock, as shown above, with the 1 ¼” piece on the left and the 2 ½” piece placed right next to it, leaving a small white border around.
- Place a Glue Dot on each end of the 6” piece of ribbon. Wrap the ribbon around the above layer and affix Glue Dots in the back.
- With adhesive of choice, attach this piece to the front of Fresh Freesia 8 ½” x 5 ½” card stock that’s been folded in half to create a base.
- Place one Glue Dot in the center of the snowflake. (Note: there is a shiny side and a matte side to the snowflake. I like the shiny side to face up.) Center the snowflake on the circle.
- Pop up the snowflake circle on the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Put two or three Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals on the sentiment and place on top of the snowflake, near the bottom.
- Tuck the 3” piece of ribbon underneath the ribbon on the card and tie a knot, as shown above.
Would you like to receive tutorials just like this in your email? Click here to subscribe to my free, email newsletter. I send emails two to three times a month and include a tutorial, video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and notes.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Click on any of the images below to shop directly from my online store.