Sometimes it’s nice to have that one card layout you can use for any card. It works well with an assortment of patterned papers, stamp sets, and themes. Today, I share one of those layouts with you.
Please enjoy this free card-making tutorial with step-by-step instructions that uses Stampin’ Up!’s Joy to You stamp set and the Merry Bold and Bright 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Joy to You Stamp Set (162090)
- PAPER – Poppy Parade Cardstock (119793), Granny Apple Green Cardstock (146990), Basic White Cardstock (159276), Merry Bold & Bright Designer Series Paper (DSP) (161945)
- INK – Granny Apple Green (147095)
- OTHER –Parakeet Party 1/8” Metallic Woven Ribbon, Stampin’ Seal (152813), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Poppy Parade Cardstock – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Basic White Cardstock – 5 ¼” x 2”, 4 ½” x 2”, 3 ¼” x 2 ¼”, 5 ¼” x 4”
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock – 3 ½” x 2 ½”
- DSP – 5” x 1 ¾” (Fa La La Design), 4 ¼” x 1 ¾” (Red Hat design)
- Parakeet Party 1/8” Metallic Woven Ribbon – 8”
- Stamp the sentiment on the 3 ¼” x 2 ¼” Basic White Cardstock. Layer on the Granny Apple Green Cardstock.
- Attach the Fa La La DSP to the 5 ¼” x 2” Basic White Cardstock. Adhere the Red Hat DSP to the 4 ½” x 2” Basic White Cardstock.
- On the folded Poppy Parade card base, add the panels, beginning on the left with the Fa La La layer, as shown above.
- Tie a bow with the ribbon and place on the card front, right above the sentiment.
- Adhere the remaining Basic White Cardstock to the middle of the card.
Here’s another example of this same layout using the Good Feelings stamp set and the Merry Bold and Bright Designer Series Paper. I love how this double-sided, patterned paper works well for both holiday and Christmas designs, as well as others.
And here’s another that uses the Joy to You stamp set with gold heat embossing and the Shining Brightly 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I hope you you enjoyed this free card-making tutorial. Please let me know how I can help you in your paper crafting journey.
Need more inspiration? Subscribe to my free, email newsletter. I send two to three newsletters each month that include a free card-making tutorial, a paper crafting video and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and specials. Click here to sign up.
Click on any of the pictures below to shop for the products needed to create this card at home.