Hats off to Stampin’ Up!’s Hats Off Bundle! I love all the ways this baseball cap can be changed and personalized. Please enjoy this free tutorial for this fun card.
Hats Off Card Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Hats Off Bundle (158361)
- PAPER –Basic White (159276), Misty Moonlight (153081), 2020-2022 6 x 6 In Color Designer Series Paper Assortments (DSP) (155230)
- INK – Misty Moonlight (153118), Bumblebee (153116), Memento (132708)
- OTHER –Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Misty Moonlight – 11 x 4 ¼” scored at 5 ½”, 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” (2)
- Basic White – 5 ¼” x 4” (2)
- DSP (Bumblebee design) – 3 ½” x 3 ½” & ½” x ½”
- Fold the 11” x 4 ½” Misty Moonlight card stock in half.
- Stamp the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink near the bottom of the Basic White card stock. Use the Bumblebee ink to stamp three stars near the sentiment, as shown in the sample above.
- Using Stampin’ Seal, glue the white piece to the Misty Moonlight base.
- Attach one of the 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” Misty Moonlight pieces on top of the white, at the top, leaving an equal edge on the top and sides.
- Center the DSP on top of the Misty Moonlight piece.
- Stamp the hat from the Hats Off Bundle in Memento Ink on the remaining Misty Moonlight card stock.
- Die cut the hat and the star from the Misty Moonlight and the crest from the small DSP.
- Add the star to the crest and adhere all to the hat with Mini Glue Dots.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to “pop” the hat up on the card front.
- Stamp a star with Bumblebee ink on the remaining 5 ¼” x 4” Basic White card stock piece.
- Adhere to the inside of the card.
See these other posts for more ideas using this bundle:
Father’s Day Card
Spiral Dye meets Hats Off
Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to subscribe to my email newsletter to learn about Stampin’ Up! specials and receive free card-making tutorials and videos.
Hats Off Card Tutorial Supply List
Showcasing a masculine card using Stampin’ Up!’s Rooted in Nature stamp set and Nature’s Roots Dies.
Last Saturday, I participated in Team Stamps It’s monthly blog hop. This month, we featured cards centering on the men in our lives and Father’s Day. I made two cards, and I couldn’t decide which one to share. See Saturday’s card (using the brand-new World of Good Suite) here.
When I designed this card, I liked the idea of using the Woodland Embossing Folder to make a background with three different colors: Garden Green, Crumb Cake, and Cherry Cobbler.
The Rooted in Nature stamp set offers a host of images perfecting for creating masculine-themed cards. I’m excited to say this stamp set and its coordinating dies appear in Stampin’ Up!’s new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog.
The coordinating Nature’s Roots Dies coordinate with the above stamp set. Through June 2 or while supplies last, these dies are listed on sale for $15.60. That’s a deal!
A couple of notes about this card. I stamped the:
- stump image with Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla card stock and fussy cut with snips;
- leaf image onto Vellum Card Stock with Garden Green ink three times without reinking. (That’s called third generation stamping.) Step away and let the ink dry before die cutting.
See the photo below for how that looks on Vellum. I then used a die cutting machine and the coordinating dies to get the images.
In Other News
Be sure to check out Stampin’ Up!’s Last-Chance list of retiring products. This list shares the stamp sets, Designer Series Paper, ribbon, embellishments, embossing folders and much more that won’t be available after June 2. Some of the products are even discounted. If you’ve had one of these items on your wish list, be sure to get them before they’re gone. Availability is while supplies last.
If you’re looking for deals, Stampin’ Up!’s Clearance Rack is the place to be.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please let me know if you have questions or comments. I’m always here to help with your paper crafting needs.
Rooted in Nature Thank You Card Supply List