From the moment I saw the Hats Off Bundle in Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog, I knew I needed it in my collection. I figured I would use it a lot for my husband’s family — a family of avid baseball fans. It’s been rewarding to create hats for everyone’s favorite team using the Playful Alphabet Dies.
See this blog post for a sampling of other cards created with the fun bundle.
And, this bundle came to the rescue again as I needed a baby boy card. I was happy to create a fresh and fun looking, handmade greeting card with supplies I actually have on hand.
Playful Alphabet Baby Card
I used the following products for today’s card:
- Hats Off Bundle (#158361). Includes the Hats Off stamp set and Hat Builder Dies. Buy them as a bundle and save 10 percent.
- Stitched with Whimsy Dies (#155314)
- Playful Alphabet Dies (#152806)
- Subtles 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper Stack (#155229) — Balmy Blue pattern
- Foam Adhesive Sheets (#141825) — these are used to “pop” up the letters and give them some depth.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I’m a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in Mesa, Arizona, where I teach classes and host special events. I’d love to have you join me in class or on my team or even for my weekly Facebook live held each Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. Arizona time.
Please let me know if you have questions about this card or any other paper crafting projects. I’d love to help. Looking for more inspiration? Subscribe to my free, email newsletter by clicking here. I send two to three emails each month that include a tutorial, video, updates on Stampin’ Up! sales and promotions, and special subscriber offers.
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online Stampin’ Up! store.
My husband, Pat, recently celebrated his birthday. He’s a huge baseball fan, and the Yankees are his favorite team. Stampin’ Up!’s Hats Off Bundle provides the perfect starting point for this card.
I also used:
- Picture This Dies
- Tasteful Textiles 3D Embossing Folder
- Playful Alphabet Dies
- Real Red, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, and Basic White
Here’s another post that features more samples using the Hats Off Bundle.
August-September Sale-A-Bration Begins August 3
It’s exciting that Stampin’ Up! offers TWO Sale-A-Bration sales this year. It gives the ability two times each year to earn FREE product with qualifying purchases of $50 and $100. You choose from exclusive stamp sets, Designer Series Paper, and die cuts. I love these 10 offerings and can’t wait to show you projects in upcoming posts.
Starter Kit Special: More Free Product
Have a long wish list? There’s a great starter kit offer during Sale-A-Bration in August and September. Choose $125 worth of any product from the Annual Catalog or mini catalog for just $99 + tax (shipping is included). And, receive your choice of a free bundle below from the mini catalog:
- Frosted Gingerbread (p. 65)
- Christmas Season (p. 66)
- Christmas to Remember (p. 66)
- Whimsical Trees (p. 67)
- Peaceful Deer (p. 67)
- Sweet Little Stockings (p. 68)
- Penguin Place (p. 68)
- Peaceful Cabin (p. 68)
- Arctic Bears (p. 69)
- Beauty of Tomorrow (p. 69)
- Gorgeous Leaves (p. 70)
- Nature’s Harvest (p. 71)
After you purchase the starter kit, you receive a 20 percent discount on your future purchases. You’re not required to have parties or host workshops, just enjoy your discount.
In addition, you become a member of an awesome stamping community. Stampin’ Up! offers a host of perks, including:
- a demonstrator-only Facebook group filled with card samples and tutorials;
- a weekly email newsletter;
- invitations to special Stampin’ Up! only events;
- special catalog sneak peeks and an opportunity to order early.
You also become part of Kim’s Paper Krafters. We’re a fun group of demonstrators who have enjoy and support each others’ paper crafting. Through my private Facebook group, I give free tutorials, offer card-making inspiration, present a monthly challenge, and more. I also organize in-person meetings and stamping events.
Please contact me if you have questions about this awesome opportunity. Or click here to start the process. (Remember: the extra, free bundle offer begins August 3.)
Looking for card-making inspiration, free tutorials, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and specials. Subscribe to my free, email newsletter by clicking here.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please let me know how I can help in your paper crafting journey.
Hats Off Bundle Birthday Card Supplies List
Click on any of the photos below to shop directly from my online store.
Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog has been live for six weeks now. So much new product to play with. I ordered the Picture This Dies and just recently started playing with them. Find them on page 164 of the catalog.
The card above uses the Sweet Strawberry Bundle and the 6 x 6 Brights Designer Series Paper. Be sure to watch the video below showing card samples and how the card above was created.
I thumbed through the catalog, marking pages of stamp sets that would work well with these dies. Today, I share a few other card samples using these dies.
Picture This Dies Card Samples
This card features the Snowflake Wishes stamp set, Evergreen Embossing Folder, and the Pearlescent Specialty Paper. The coordinating colors are Balmy Blue and Night of Navy.
The images in the Lovely You stamp set fit perfectly in the circles created by the Picture This Dies. I also used the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper (a hostess choice available for $18 with Stampin’ Rewards. This is a great value: 48 12 x 12 sheets of double-sided paper with black and white designs on one side and colorful images on the other).
Here, I show a sample using the rectangle version of the dies using Stampin’ Up!’s Nothing Better Than stamp set and Pattern Party Designer Series Paper.
All of the little die cut images from the Hats Off Bundle fit perfectly in the circles. It creates a great masculine card that uses the Neutrals 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper.
Looking ahead to Halloween with this design and the Banner Year stamp set.
Picture This Dies Card Samples Video
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please let me know how I can help you in your papercrafting journey.
Click here to subscribe to my newsletter. I send two to three newsletters each month with a free tutorial and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and products.
Click on any of the images below to shop directly from online store:
Hats off to Stampin’ Up!’s Hats Off Bundle! I love all the ways this baseball cap can be changed and personalized. Please enjoy this free tutorial for this fun card.
Hats Off Card Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Hats Off Bundle (158361)
- PAPER –Basic White (159276), Misty Moonlight (153081), 2020-2022 6 x 6 In Color Designer Series Paper Assortments (DSP) (155230)
- INK – Misty Moonlight (153118), Bumblebee (153116), Memento (132708)
- OTHER –Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Misty Moonlight – 11 x 4 ¼” scored at 5 ½”, 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” (2)
- Basic White – 5 ¼” x 4” (2)
- DSP (Bumblebee design) – 3 ½” x 3 ½” & ½” x ½”
- Fold the 11” x 4 ½” Misty Moonlight card stock in half.
- Stamp the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink near the bottom of the Basic White card stock. Use the Bumblebee ink to stamp three stars near the sentiment, as shown in the sample above.
- Using Stampin’ Seal, glue the white piece to the Misty Moonlight base.
- Attach one of the 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” Misty Moonlight pieces on top of the white, at the top, leaving an equal edge on the top and sides.
- Center the DSP on top of the Misty Moonlight piece.
- Stamp the hat from the Hats Off Bundle in Memento Ink on the remaining Misty Moonlight card stock.
- Die cut the hat and the star from the Misty Moonlight and the crest from the small DSP.
- Add the star to the crest and adhere all to the hat with Mini Glue Dots.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to “pop” the hat up on the card front.
- Stamp a star with Bumblebee ink on the remaining 5 ¼” x 4” Basic White card stock piece.
- Adhere to the inside of the card.
See these other posts for more ideas using this bundle:
Father’s Day Card
Spiral Dye meets Hats Off
Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to subscribe to my email newsletter to learn about Stampin’ Up! specials and receive free card-making tutorials and videos.
Hats Off Card Tutorial Supply List
Welcome to the May Team Stamp It Blog Hop. We’re so glad you joined us!
This month, we honor the men in our life with masculine-themed cards and projects. Look forward to a ton of great ideas! Be sure to visit each participating blog and leave a comment with the hashtag #stampitcontest. Be entered in a drawing to win a free card kit — Hello Dear Friend.
For this post, I feature the Hats Off stamp set and the Hat Builder Dies available in Stampin’ Up!’s brand-new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog. This awesome bundle attracted me right away. My husband’s family lives and breathes baseball! I see me creating a host of birthday cards for the entire family for years to come.
Hats Off Father’s Day Card
Look for the Hats Off Bundle on page 47. Buy the stamp set and die cuts together and save 10 percent.
This card measures 4 1/4 inches x 4 1/4 inches. I love that it still fits in one of Stampin’ Up!’s basic white envelopes. It also features the paper piecing technique. What is the technique?
I stamped the hat with Night of Navy ink onto both Real Red card stock and Night of Navy card stock and die cut both pieces. Then, with a Paper Snip, I trimmed off the bill of the Night of Navy hat and glued it on top of the Real Red.
To add a little texture to the hat, just like a real one, I ran the hat piece through the Textured Textiles 3D Embossing Folder.
This card also uses the heat embossing technique. I heat embossed the sentiment white powder onto Real Red card stock and die cut with the coordinating piece.
Just think of how you can customize this hat for the team of your choice! You can add letters or images to make it your own.
Let me know if you’ve enjoyed this card by leaving a comment below.
Be sure to follow the list of blogs and comment for a chance to win a free card kit.
Congratulations to last month’s winner: Marla Lesniak
Father’s Day Blog Hop Participants
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store.