Since moving to Arizona more than two years ago, I’ve gained a newfound love for everything cactus. In my head, I imagined that deserts and cactus were dry and dull. This is far from true. The majestic saguaros are absolutely amazing. And in the spring, the cactus come alive with blooms of many and various colors.
When Stampin’ Up! releases a new cactus stamp set, I’m sure to place it in my collection. I love the Cactus Cuties Bundle that includes the Cactus Cuties Stamp Set and Cactus Builder Punch. Buy them as a bundle and save 10 percent. Find it on pages 66 and 67 of Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2022 Mini Catalog.
Thanks to Brayce Campagna for giving me the inspiration for the card above.
Cactus Cuties Thank You Card Tutorial
Please enjoy this free card tutorial.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Cactus Cuties Bundle (158058), Happy & Heartfelt (158005)
- PAPER – Flirty Flamingo Card Stock (141416), Basic White Card Stock (159276), 6 x 6 Subtles Designer Series Paper Assortments (DSP) (155229), Gold 6 x 6 Metallic Specialty Paper (156844)
- INK – Flirty Flamingo (147052), Mint Macaron (147106)
- OTHER – Stitched So Sweetly Dies (151690), Flirty Flamingo ¼” Gold Metallic Ribbon (155610), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Flirty Flamingo – 11” x 4 ¼” scored at 5 ½” and folded in half, 3 ¾” x 2 ½”
- Basic White Card Stock — 5 ¼” x 4” (2), 4” x 3”
- Mint Macaron DSP – 5” x 3 ¾”
- Gold Metallic Specialty Paper — scrap
- Ribbon – 8”
- Die cut the 4” x 3” Basic White card stock with the scallop rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies that measures 3 ½” x 2 ½”.
- Stamp the cactus with Mint Macaron ink and the sentiment with Flirty Flamingo ink on the white die cut.
- Punch the pot with the Gold Metallic Specialty Paper. Pop it up with dimensionsals.
- Adhere the stamped piece to the 3 ¾” x 2 ½” Flirty Flamingo piece.
- Attach large Basic White card stock to the card front.
- Add the Mint Macaron DSP.
- Use dimensionals to pop up the cactus layer.
- Tie a bow with the ribbon and add it to the card front with a Glue Dot.
- Stamp the cactus on the remaining white piece and glue it to the inside of the card.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed this free card making tutorial. Want more inspiration? Sign up here to receive my free email newsletter. I send two to three newsletters a month that include a free tutorial, video, and Stampin’ Up! updates.
Click on any of the photos below to shop directly from my online store.