From the time I was born, my family spent our summers at “the lake.” First, it started as just a weeklong vacation, and that turned into two weeks, and then three months. What memories we made during these idyllic summers in Minnesota. We spent entire days in our swim suits, reading books on the dock. So Stampin’ Up!’s Sunny Splash stamp set holds some nostalgia. (Find this set in Stampin’ Up’s Annual Catalog on page 41.)
I’ve had a lot of fun creating with this set. Today, I combine it with a fun fold inspired by Jackie Bolhuis.
Click here to see another blog post using these cute swim suits.
Sunny Splash Fun Fold
Here are some basic measurements for this card. Be sure to watch the video at the end of this post, to see exactly how it goes together.
- Card Base measures 7 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches, score at 3 inches
- Coordinating card stock measures 1 /2 inches x 4, score at 1 inch — this is the tab/arm for your fun fold
- Card stock measuring 3 1/4 x 3 1/4
- Basic card stock measuring 3 x 3. This is where you’ll add a die cut and/or stamp and sentiment. I inked the Rays of Light stamp set with Crushed Curry and “stamped off” on a scratch paper and then applied the stamp to my 3 x 3 square. The sentiment is stamped in Pacific Point and the swim suit in Melon Mambo.
- Designer Series Paper measuring 5 1/4 x 2 3/4 and 5 1/4 x 1 1/4
- Color card stock 1/4 x 5 1/4
- Basic White measuring 5 1/4 x 4
How to Make a Fun Fold Video
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I hope you enjoyed this fun, fold paper crafting project.
Need more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free email newsletter. I send two to three emails each month that include a free tutorial, video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and happenings. Click here and then be sure to check your email to find a confirmation message from AWeber. They just want you to confirm you want to receive my emails.
Click on any of the graphics below to shop for rubber stamping products directly from my online Stampin’ Up! store.