Welcome to Team Stamp It’s monthly blog hop! Thanks for taking the time to join us. Today, we share Halloween- and fall-themed, handmade greetings cards and paper crafting projects. I hope you find inspiration as you visit each blog on the hop using the list at the end of this post. Be sure to leave a comment with the hashtag #stampitcontest. You could win a Lots of Happy Card Kit.
My card features a host of products and a fun technique, most importantly the rubbing alcohol and Stampin’ Blends technique. I love the results this technique produces. See this additional blog post for other examples of this.
Rubbing Alcohol and Stampin’ Blends Technique
Here are some basic directions to achieve this cool background.
- Scribble or color with your choice of Stampin’ Blends on a piece of Stampin’ Up!’s vellum.
- Pour some 91 percent Isopropyl Alcohol into a small container.
- Dip a paint brush into the alcohol and drip and/or touch the liquid to the colored markings.
- Watch it do its magic or use a straw or your breath to move the colors around.
- Let it dry.
- Once the vellum is dry, I adhere a piece of Stampin’ Up!’s Adhesive Sheets to the back of the vellum.
- I remove the adhesive backing and attach it to a piece of card stock. The example above shows Basic White.
- For today’s card, I die cut the piece with a layer from the Stitched Rectangle Dies.
- Use the piece any way you like!
Playful Alphabet Halloween Card
I also used a few other products to complete this design:
Here’s a quick video to help you understand the process.
Remember, visit all of the blogs on the hop and leave a comment with the hashtag #stampitcontest. You could win the Lots of Happy Card Kit.
Congrats to last month’s winner: Linda Danis
List of Blog Hoppers:
Ready for more inspiration? Subscribe to my free email newsletter. I send two to three emails each month that include a free tutorial, video, and Stampin’ Up! updates. Click here. Then, remember to check your email for a confirmation from AWeber.
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store 24/7. Please let me know if you have any questions about this project or others on my blog.
Welcome to the Maui Achievers August 2020 Blog Hop!
We’re a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world who have achieved the Stampin’ Up! bonus of the Maui incentive trip. We celebrate this achievement by organizing a monthly hop which helps us to continue to inspire you creatively.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way, there’s a list at the end of this post to help you move around all the different blogs and get many amazing ideas. We all have our country listed – so if you’re looking for a demonstrator, these are top demonstrators in their country who would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! shopping or if you’d like to join our Stampin’ Up! teams. Be sure to visit all of the blogs and leave a comment.
One Stamp Set, One Sketch, Three Different Cards
I chose this stamp set because of its versatility. It includes sentiments for everything from Halloween, to fall, to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentine’s Day.
Banner Year Halloween Card
First up is the Halloween card. It also uses Stampin’ Up!’s Magic in This Might Designer Series Paper and the Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder.
Banner Year Fall Card
Here’s the fall card. In addition to the Banner Year stamp set, I paired it with the Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper. (I must tell you. This paper is gorgeous. I hated to use it!)
Banner Year Holiday Card
And, here’s the holiday card. I added the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper and the 3/8-inch Red Ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I hope you found some inspiration. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop and leave a comment!
List of Blog Hoppers
List of Products Used to Create These Cards
Today, I’m sharing a Happy Haunting Free Card Tutorial.
I love to send greeting cards for all occasions! With the launch of Stampin’ Up!’s August-December 2020 Mini Catalog, I’m looking toward Halloween.
The catalog offers a host of fun products. I chose the Banner Year stamp set on page 65. It includes sentiments and images for all of the upcoming holidays. Purchase it as a bundle with the Banners Pick a Punch and save 10 percent. I also used the Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper as a feature point.
Happy Haunting Free Card Tutorial
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Banner Year (153464)
- PAPER – Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper (153517), Cajun Craze (119684), Basic Black (121045), Whisper White (100730)
- INK – Cajun Craze (147805), Black Memento (132708)
- OTHER – Stitched Shapes (152323), Layering Circles (151770), 3/8” Glittered Organdy Ribbon (147897), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Die Cutting Machine
Cutting & Scoring:
- Cajun Craze – 11” x 4 1/4” – score at 5 ½”, and 2 ¼” x 2 ¼” scrap
- Basic Black – 4 ¼” x 1 ¼”
- Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper – 3 ½” x 5 ½” and 4 ¼” x 1”
- Whisper White – 5 ¼” x 4” and 2” x 2” scrap
- 3/8” Glittered Organdy Ribbon – one piece 5” and one piece 3”
- Fold the Cajun Craze card stock in half.
- Using adhesive of choice, adhere the 3 ½” x 5 ½” inch piece of Magic in This Night DSP to the Cajun Craze base.
- Attach the 4 ¼” x 1” piece of DSP to the 4 ¼” x 1 ¼” Basic Black piece.
- Place a Glue Dot on each end of the 5” inch piece of Glittered Organdy Ribbon. Stretch the ribbon across the front of the DSP/black piece, sticking the Glue Dots to the back of it.
- With adhesive, adhere this entire piece to the card front, about halfway down.
- Create a “faux” box with the 3” Glittered Organdy Ribbon. (Slip the piece underneath the ribbon already attached to the card stock. Tie a knot.)
- Die cut the white scrap with a circle from the Stitched Shapes and the Cajun Craze with a scallop circle.
- Stamp the spider web image with Cajun Craze ink onto the white circle three times, stamping off once for each web. Use Memento Black ink to stamp the “Happy Haunting” sentiment in the middle of the white circle and on top of the webs.
- Place the white circle on top of the Cajun Craze scallop with Glue Dots. With Dimensionals, pop this circle up on top of the ribbon on the left-hand side of the card.
- Stamp the word “Boo” in Black Memento on the 5 ¼” x 4” Whisper White. Attach to the inside of the card.
See the list of products I used to create this card below. Click on any of the graphics to go directly to my online to purchase.
Please let me know if you have questions. I’d love to help.