Today, I’m sharing a graduation card and free tutorial made with Stampin’ Up!’s Sailing Home stamp set and Come Sail Away Suite.
Find this fun suite of products in Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog on pages 144-146. It’s a perfect choice for a number of occasions, and graduation is one of them. The sentiment, “Set Sail in the Direction of Your Dreams” seems so fitting for a graduate. The stamp set, Sailing Home, and the coordinating dies, Smooth Sailing, carry over into the upcoming catalog. Right now, purchase the bundle and receive a 10 percent discount. (Note: The bundle won’t be discounted in the upcoming catalog.)
But if you like the Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper, the High Seas 3D Embossing Folder, the Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine, and/or the Sail Away Trinkets, order them now before they’re gone. They’re retiring. Click here to shop the list of items retiring from Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog. Some items are discounted!
The Sailing Home Graduation Card Tutorial
Here are step-by-step directions for creating this card:
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Sailing Home (149457)
- PAPER – Whisper White (100730), Night of Navy (100867), Balmy Blue (14682), Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper (DSP) (149481)
- INK – Night of Navy (147110)
- OTHER –Smooth Sailing Dies (149576), High Seas 3D Embossing Folder (149577), Sail Away Trinkets (149482), Baker’s Twine (149483), Glue Dots (103683), SNAIL (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Paper Snips (103579), Paper Trimmer (152392), Die Cut Machine
Cutting & Scoring:
- Night of Navy Card Stock – 8 ½” x 5 ½” – score and fold at 4 ¼”; one piece of 5” x 2 ¼”
- Come Sail Away DSP – 4 ¾” x 2”
- Balmy Blue – 5 ¼” x 4”
- Whisper White – 2 ½” x 2 ½” for sentiment; 5 ¼” x 4” (for inside of the card)
- Fold the Night of Navy base in half.
- Place the Balmy Blue card stock inside the High Seas 3D Embossing Folder and run through the die cut machine.
- With Multipurpose Liquid Glue, adhere the embossed Balmy Blue piece to the Night of Navy base.
- With SNAIL or Glue Dots, affix the Come Sail Away DSP to the 5” x 2 ¾” Night of Navy strip.
- Attach this strip to the Balmy Blue on the left side of the card with your choice of adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment with Night of Navy ink onto the Whisper White scrap. Die cut with the coordinating die.
- Attach the sentiment to the card front. Hint: Place a Glue Dot on the left side of the sentiment and a Stampin’ Dimensional on the right and place it on the card front.
- Cut a four-inch piece of Baker’s Twine and thread through the anchor trinket.
- Use a couple of glue dots to attach the trinket to the sentient in the bottom right corner.
- Adhere the 5 ¼” x 4” piece of Whisper White card stock in the center of the card.
- Stamp the anchor image in Night of Navy in the bottom right-hand corner.
Sailing Home Graduation Card Tutorial Supply List
Click on any of the graphics below to go directly to my online store to shop 24/7.
It’s time for the Maui Achievers Blog Hop, and I’m sharing a congratulations card for a graduate.
Welcome to our monthly Maui Achievers Blog Hop. We’re a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world who have achieved the Stampin’ Up! bonus of the Maui trip. We celebrate this achievement by organizing a monthly hop which helps us to continue to inspire you creatively.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way there’s a list at the end of this post to help you move around all the different blogs and get many amazing ideas. We all have our country listed – so if you’re looking for a demonstrator these are top demonstrators in their country and would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! shopping or if you’d like to join our Stampin’ Up! teams.
Even though many schools have cancelled or postponed graduations, it’s still important to recognize the seniors. I’m sharing a graduation card featuring Stampin’ Up!’s Darling Label Punch Box
. It’s an awesome “kit” that includes a six-piece, photopolymer stamp set with a great variety of sentiments, a clear stamp block, a punch, and two Stampin’ Spots. And, the best part: it’s packaged in a beautiful gold and Night of Navy tin, perfect for storing stamping supplies or for gifting.
Today’s Congratulations Card for Graduates
This graduation card uses one stamp from the set – one perfect for celebrating graduates. I heat embossed it with silver and layered it on Silver Foil (die cut with the Stitched Shapes Die) and a Pearlized Doily. The background papers come from the 6 x 6 Neutrals Designer Series Paper pack.
One hint: I didn’t have any black ribbon so I colored the Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon with the Black Stampin’ Blend. You can use this trick with any of the blends and Stampin’ Up!’s Silver or Gold Metallic-Edge Ribbon.
Darling Label Punch Box
Stampin’ Up!’s Darling Label Punch Box
When you purchase this fun-filled tin, I’ll send you — FREE — the ingredients (card bases, card stock, and embellishments) and instructions to make three cards using the goodies in the box. I’m also including a bonus 3D project! Use the link above or go to kimquade.stampinup.net and click Shop Now. Use item #146855. Be sure to insert the Host Code: 3D9NUZPR. (I won’t be sending adhesives, so be have Glue Dots and/or SNAIL and Stampin’ Dimensionals on hand or include them in your order.)
Or make any purchase of $45 or more from my online store and use Host Code: 3D9NUZPR, and I’ll send you the card kit FREE. This offer is good through May 1.
See more details on this post.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hop along and check out the other awesome cards and projects!
Blog Hop List
List of Products Used: Congratulations, Graduate
Click on any of the graphics below to go directly to my online store where you can purchase these goodies 24/7.
Stampin’ Up! Letters for You
Wow! It’s already time for graduation and graduation parties! Stampin’ Up!’s Letters for You stamp set works perfectly to create a card for that special graduate. And, with the 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper stacks, you can customize your card to the school colors. This card uses Call Me Clover to coordinate with Southwest High School here in Lincoln, Nebraska.
It’s important to know that this alphabet stamp set is retiring, and it won’t be available to purchase after June 3 (or while supplies last). The background Designer Series Paper (from the In Color stack), is also retiring. Click on any of the graphic below to be taken directly to my online store where you can purchase these items before they’re gone.
The “congratulations” sentiment comes from the Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set, and it is punched with the Classic Label Punch. I layered the big “grad” sentiment on a piece of Silver Foil Paper.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about this card or other stamping projects. I’d love to help!