I love being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator! One of the perks is being able to preorder products from new catalogs a month before the catalog goes live. My first purchase from the July-December 2022 Mini Catalog was the Sweet Candy Canes Bundle and the Sweetest Christmas 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper. Find them on pages 8 and 9 of the catalog. Click here to see a PDF of the catalog.
Sweet Candy Canes Samples
For the card above, I paired the Sweet Candy Canes stamp set and coordinating Candy Canes Dies with a SaleABration item: the Silver and Gold 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper. During SaleABraiton months, July and August, earn free, exclusive stamp sets, dies, and Designer Series Paper with minimum purchases of $50 and $100. (See something you like? Make sure to order before it’s gone. Supplies are limited.) Click here to see a PDF of the SaleABration brochure.
I heat embossed the candy canes with gold embossing powder, die cut them, and added them to a Basic White cardstock panel cut with the Deckled Rectangle Dies. Embellish with ribbon and jewels, and you have created an elegant, handmade greeting card.
The card above showcases the Sweetest Christmas Designer Series Paper. I die cut the candy canes directly from the patterned paper and layered them on different panels of the paper. It makes for another quick and easy holiday card.
Here’s another example of a quick, cute, card. Stamp the candy canes with Real Red ink, die cut, and layer on a piece of the festive Designer Series Paper. Hint: Use a Stamparatus so you can restamp the candy canes to achieve deep, red images.
Here, I paired the Sweet Candy Canes stamp set with Stampin’ Up!’s Peekaboo Treat Bags. I love these bags. See another post here. Use the bags to gift everything from candy to gift cards.
Sweet Candy Canes Samples Video
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I hope you enjoyed the samples and are inspired to create something handmade of your own. Need more inspiration? Click here to sign up to receive my free, email newsletter. I send two to three newsletters each month that include a free tutorial, video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news.
Click on any of the graphics below to visit my online store. You can purchase all of the items used to make today’s cards.
I’m sharing a Thanksgiving card in gold for today’s Team Stamp It’s October 2020 Blog Hop.
Welcome to our monthly blog hop where members of Tami White’s Stampin’ Up! talented team share a collection of cards and projects. This month’s theme is Thanksgiving and fall. Be sure to visit each blog and leave a comment with the hashtag #stampitcontest. One person will win a Boho Indigo Medley Card Kit. Look for the list of blog hoppers at the end of this post.
Happy Thanksgiving in Gold
Stampin’ Up!’s Gold Cards and Envelopes provided the inspiration for my card today. Find them on page 51 of the August-December 2020 Mini Catalog. You receive a package of 10 cards and coordinating metallic gold envelopes for $10. These Very Vanilla bases feature gold detailing around the edges, perfect to frame a photo or stamped image. They help you create quick and easy cards that are beautiful, too!
To make the leaf accents, I grabbed the leaf from the Rooted in Nature stamp set. I heat embossed the leaf with Gold Embossing Powder. With the sponge daubers, I then added different colors of ink to the embossed image. The colors used include: Crushed Curry, Blackberry Bliss, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive. I wiped away any excess ink with a paper towel.
With the coordinating leaf die from the Nature’s Roots Dies, I die cut with the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine and adhered three leaves to the card with Glue Dots.
The sentiment comes from the Banner Year stamp set and is stamped with Blackberry Bliss. The Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels add some blingy accents.
Thanks for visiting Kim Plays with Paper today. Be sure to follow the links below to visit all of the blogs and leave a comment. Congratulations to LaVonne Smejkal . She won the prize for last month’s hop.
For visual instructions, please take a look at this video.
Blog Hop List
Welcome to the Stampin’ Friends Blog Hop where I’m featuring a wedding wishes card and gift card holder!
Thanks for joining us on this blog hop today. We’re showcasing cards for grads, dad, babies, and brides. Visit all of the blogs to get a host of creative ideas for upcoming celebrations. All of the links are listed after the project descriptions. Please leave a comment; we love to hear what you think of our creations.
The Wedding Wishes Card
I really wanted to use Stampin’ Up!’s Detailed Heart Die, purchased with the intent of creating Valentine cards. But that didn’t happen! I couldn’t let the season pass without using this beautiful die.
The card features:
- Detailed Hearts Die with Gold Foil
- Gold heat embossed sentiment from the So Sentimental stamp set
- Die cuts from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
A comprehensive shopping list is included at the end of the post, after the list of hoppers.
Wedding Wishes Gift Card Holder
This is such an easy gift card holder to create. (I had forgotten all about this style.) Here’s how it goes together.
- Start with one of Stampin’ Up!’s envelopes. I used Very Vanilla for this project.
- Fold the envelop in half and score.
- With the flap facing you, use a Paper Snips to trim the top right corner.
- Moisten the remaining flap and seal closed. The right side now becomes the holder for the gift card.
- Decorate the front and inside cover.
Here are some of the materials I used to create the gift card holder:
- Very Vanilla envelope
- Very Vanilla panel embossed with the Country Floral 3D Embossing Folder
- Gold Foil Heart die cut with a heart from the Stitched Be Mine Framelits
- Heat-embossed (gold) sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings
- Classic Label Punch
- Country Floral 3D Embossing Folder
- Gold Metallic-Edge Ribbon
Use these links to the view participating stampers. Enjoy!
- Rachel Rife – https://rachthestamper.com/stampin-friends-congrats-grads-brides-and-babies-blog-hop/
- Teri Pocock – http://www.stampinmagic.com/2020/03/stampin-friends-blog-hop-babies.html
- Katja Ettig – https://www.kleine-stempelmiez.de/2020/03/19/stampin-friends-blog-hop-congrats-grads-brides-and-babies/
- Jean Beaulieu – https://danantmom.blogspot.com/2020/03/march-2020-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
- Kim Quade (US) – https://kimplayswithpaper.com/home/stampin-friends-wedding-wishes/
- Maureen Rauchfuss (US) – https://crazystampinglady.blogspot.com/2020/03/sf-2020-march-congrats-grads-brides-and.html
- Anne Marie Hile (US) – http://www.stampinanne.com/2020/03/march-2020-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
- Steph Jandrow – https://stampinandscrappinwithsteph.weebly.com/home/Stampin-Friends-March-Hop-Congrats-Grads-Brides-and-Babies
- Barbara Welch – https://creativestampinspot.blogspot.com/2020/03/stampin-friends-march-2020-blog-hop.html
- Tiziana Milano – https://stampinwtiziana.blogspot.com/2020/03/stampin-friends-blog-hop-babies.html
Stampin’ Up! Better Together and Broadway Bound Designer Series Paper
When June 4 rolls around a number of awesome and versatile Stampin’ Up! stamp sets and other products won’t be available, including the Better Together set and the Broadway Bound Designer Series Paper. I’ve paired them here for a festive birthday card.
This set makes a good addition to your collection because in addition to birthdays it has you covered for weddings, sympathy, and baby.
Stampin’ Up! Better Together
Here’s one more card sample using this set. It also features the Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper. (Note: It also retires June 3.)
Stampin’ Up! Better Together Baby and Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper
Thanks for stopping by today. If you see any must-have products, be sure to check out my online store. Click on any of the images below.