Do you ever fall in love with a stamp set and keep on using it and using it? That’s me! I preordered Stampin’ Up!’s Circle Sayings Bundle in April and have been playing with it ever since. I’ve paired it with different fun folds and different Designer Series Papers. Find the bundle on page 17 of Stampin’ Up!’ 2023-2024 Annual Catalog. Receive a 10 percent discount when you purchase the stamp set and 2 3/8″ circle punch together.
I love this stamp set because it contains all of the sentiments I use regularly. It pairs easily with different papers and designs.
Today, I show you how to make a birthday card with a fun fold suing Circle Sayings and Bright & Beautiful 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper. (Fun fold inspired by Susan Campfield.)
Circle Sayings Birthday Card
Here are a few details about the card. Be sure to watch the video at the end of this post to view step-by-step instructions for putting this card together.
- Azure Afternoon card stock base cut at 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and scored at 1 1/4 and 4 1/4
- Two pieces of Bright & Beautiful Designer Series Paper measuring 1 x 5 1/4
- Basic White card stock measuring 5 1/4 x 2 3/4, scraps
- Lemon Lolly card stock die cut with circle from Stylish Shapes Dies
- Azure Afternoon and Memento ink pads
- Opaque Oval embellishments
- Sheer Ribbon Combo Pack
- Azure Afternoon and Lemon Lolly Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack
Take a look at the inside of the card:
Circle Sayings Birthday Card Video
Like these samples? Here are a few other blog posts that might interest you:
Thanks so much for visiting my web site today. I hope you’re inspired to create some of your own birthday cards with this versatile bundle.
Click on any of the pictures below to shop directly from my online store to purchase the paper crafting products used to create this card.
Today, I combine the fun new Bright & Beautiful 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper with the VW fun fold. (Purchase this double-sided, patterned paper when Stampin’ Up!’s 2023-2024 Annual Catalog goes live May 2.)
The next photo shows a view from above. Can you see the V and the W? At first, the design seems complicated. But it comes together quite easily.
This next photo shows the inside of the card.
My team member, Sandy Graves, created a VW fun fold card for our recent team meeting. See her card below. Several people asked for directions to make this fold. So here it is!
Use these paper measurements to help you get started. Be sure to watch the video at the end of this post to see step-by-step instructions for creating this.
- Base card stock: 10″ x 4 1/4 inches scored at 1 1/4, 2 1/2, 3 3/4, and 5
- Base card stock: 6 x 3, scored at 3
- Coordinating Designer Series Paper: 4 3/4 x 4, 2 3/4 x 2 3/4, and four pieces measuring 4 x 1
- Basic White: 3 1/4 x 3 1/4
The front sentiment comes from Go to Greetings and is stamped in Berry Burst ink, punched with the Double Oval Punch. I grabbed the inside sentiment from the brand-new Beautiful Balloons stamp set (available in the new, upcoming Annual Catalog.)
Bright & Beautiful VW Fun Fold Video
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. Need more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free email newsletter. Click here. I send two to three newsletters each month that include a free card making tutorial, paper crafting video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! new and specials.
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store. Please keep in mind that some products are available when the catalog goes live, Tuesday, May 2.
With the transition from Stampin’ Up!’s 2022-2023 Annual Catalog to the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog, we see some paper crafting products retiring, some products carrying over into the new catalog, and brand-new goodies introduced.
Some of the retiring products are offered at up to 60 percent off. Click here to browse the store and shop for these discounted items.
In today’s post, I play with a fun fold — the Envelope Fold — with a variety of things: retiring, carry over, and new. My team member, Theresa Huffman, introduced our team (Kim’s Paper Krafters) to the fold during one of our virtual team meetings for our mystery stamping project.
Sun Prints Envelope Fun Fold
The card featured at the top uses the retiring Sun Prints 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper. (You need one piece that measures 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 inches scored on the diagonal.) Be sure to watch the video below for step-by-step instructions for creating the Envelope Fun Fold handmade card. All other items will carry over into the brand-new catalog, including:
- Basic White card stock measuring 8 x 51/4, scored at 4
- One half of the white embossed with the Fern 3D Embossing Folder
- Night of Navy card stock measuring 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
- Basic White circle die cut with Stylish Shapes Dies
- Thank You sentiment from Good Feelings Stamp Set, stamped in Night of Navy
- Night of Navy 3/8″ Bordered Ribbon (18 inches)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels colored with Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends
The above photo shows what the card looks like inside.
I created the card above during the mystery stamping. It uses the retiring Petal Park 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper and a sentiment from the Framed Florets stamp set. The Cane Weave 3D Embossing Folder carries over into the new catalog.
Now it gets exciting. The card above uses some brand-new products available beginning May 2 in Stampin’ Up!’s 2023-2024 Annual Catalog, including: Fresh as a Daisy 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper, Circle Celebrations Bundle, and the new In Colors of Moody Mauve and Wild Wheat.
And, this last card is created with the brand-new Beautiful Balloons Bundle and the Bright & Beautiful 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper.
Envelope Fun Fold Card Video
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. Need more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free, email newsletter. I send two to three emails each month that include a free card-making tutorial, paper crafting video, and Stampin’ Up! news and updates. Click here and then watch your inbox for an email from AWeber. They want to confirm you wish to receive my newsletters.
Click on any of the photos below to shop directly from my online store to purchase the products used to create the first card featured in this post.
I’m having so much fun with my Christmas in July installments for 2022! It’s fun getting a jumpstart on making those handmade holiday cards while playing with brand-new paper crating products.
Today’s card features the Twinkling Lights Dies (found on page 32 of Stampin’ Up!’s July-December 2022 Mini Catalog), Lights Aglow 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper, and the Glimmer 12 x 12 Specialty Paper. (I just love this glimmer paper, and it’s gorgeous when die cut with the Christmas tree from the dies.)
In addition to all of the above, it’s a fun fold card: an easel card. Think of all the different stamp sets and patterned paper you could use with this design.
Here’s a side view of the easel fold.
Twinkling Lights Dies Christmas Card
Working from the top down the:
- Gold Glimmer paper (I applied adhesive sheets before die cutting the tree). Add a red rhinestone!
- Vanilla Glimmer paper cut with the die from Twinkling Lights Dies
- Lights Aglow Designer Series Paper measures 4 3/4 inches by 3 1/2 inches
- Gold Foil measures 5 inches by 3 3/4 inches
- Evening Evergreen card stock is cut at 5 1/4 x 4 inches
- Very Vanilla Thick Card Stock base — 11 x 4 1/2 scored at 5 1/2 inches and 2 3/4 inches
- Lights Aglow DSP 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Sentiment comes from the Sweet Candy Canes stamp set with the die cut label from the Seasonal Labels Dies. Popped up with dimensionals.
Be sure to watch the video below to see how this card goes together.
Twinkling Lights Dies Christmas Card Video
Click here to view another blog post that uses the Christmas Lights Bundle.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you find some ideas and are inspired to get started on creating your own Christmas cards. To get more tips and ideas, sign up to receive my free, email newsletter. I send two to three newsletters each month that include a free tutorial, video, and Stampin’ Up! news and updates. Click here and then watch your email for a message from AWeber. They just want to confirm you want to receive my emails.
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store:
Just two weeks left of Stampin’ Up!’s SaleABration promotion. Receive your choice of free, exclusive stamp sets and patterned paper packages with minimum purchases of $50 and $100 (before tax and shipping). Click here to see a PDF copy of the SaleABration brochure.
The card featured above uses the Friendly Hello stamp set and Friendly Hello 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper. Get this combo free with a $100 order (before tax and shipping). What a card combination.
I used the components to create a pocket card. Here are some basic directions for creating the pocket card. (Be sure to watch the video below for step-by-step instructions). Read below to see a few more samples of this fun card design.
Friendly Hello Pocket Card
- Form the base with a piece of Pool Party card stock that measures 11 x 4 1/4 inches. Score at 1 1/4 inches and 5 1/2 inches.
- Round the edges with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Fold the card in half, and then fold the small piece down toward you.
- Adhere a piece of the patterned paper measuring 4 x 3 inches to the bottom. Glue another design measuring 1 4 x 4 inches on the small flap.
- With Tear and Tape, as close to each edge as possible. form the pocket. Tape the small flap down.
- Decorate with any stamp sets, dies, and inks you like. For this card, I stamped the Hello Friend sentiment in Memento Ink and die cut with a shape from the Tasteful Labels Dies. Add embellishments such as ribbons and jewels.
- Card insert: Colored, coordinating card stock border piece measures 5 x 3 inches and the Basic White measures 3 3/4 x 2 3/4 inches.
This pocket card uses two additional free SaleABration products: Catching Butterflies stamp set and Simply Marbelous 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper.
The above card uses the free SaleABration Daffodil Afternoon 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper and the medium daisy punch. Sentiment comes from the Catching Butterflies SaleABration stamp set.
Another pocket card. This one uses the free SaleABation Sunshine & Rainbows 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper. The sentiment comes from the Special Moments stamp set (free during SaleABration with a $100 order before tax and shipping).
Pocket Card Video
Thanks so much for reading my blog today. I hope you found some inspiration. As Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in Mesa, Arizona, I’m here to help you paper craft with rubber stamps, ink, and paper. Please sign up for my email newsletter by clicking here. I send two to three newsletters a month that include a free tutorial, video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news.
I used the following Stampin’ Up! products to create today’s card. Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store:
SaleABration runs through February 28. Here are the products available free with a minimum $50 purchase before tax and shipping.
The two items below are free with a $100 purchase before tax and shipping.