I’m loving the Candy Canes background stamp from Stampin’ Up!’s July-December 2021 Mini Catalog. See this blog post for a host of other fun card samples.
For this card above, I:
- stamped the background stamping, using the Stamparatus, with Versamark Ink onto Real Red cardstock
- sprinkled White Embossing Powder over the image
- heated it with the heat gun
- die cut with a scallop rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- layered it on Basic White card stock embossed with the Star-Crossed Embossing Folder
- Adhered it to a piece of Real Red card stock
- Stamped the sentiment with Real Red ink and used dimensionals to pop it up on the front of the card
- Added my very favorite Red Rhinestones
Candy Canes Heat Embossing
Enjoy a few additional card samples!
Please enjoy this Facebook Live replay showing how I created the card at the top of the post.
Start with Savings/Starter Kit Special
If you like this stamp as much as I do, you can add it to your Starter Kit! There’s a great deal in progress for Stampin’ Up!’s kit through November 30. You choose $125 worth of any product for just $75. And, shipping is free. This is a great low-cost, low-risk opportunity to get a taste for what Stampin’ Up! is all about. You’re not required to host parties, workshops, or classes; just enjoy your discount and all of the other benefits: including access to a members-only Facebook group filled with a ton of card sample ideas, the chance to attend demonstrator events and participate in exclusive pre-orders, and more.
But perhaps the best part is becoming part of a larger community of creators who share the love of crafting. I just experienced a family emergency, and was overwhelmed with the love, support, prayers and cards from the people on my team. I feel so blessed to have met them all.
There’s nothing to lose. Click here to give it a try.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the project.
Looking for more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free email newsletter here. I send two to three emails each month that include a free tutorial, video, and Stampin’ Up! updates.
Candy Canes Heat Embossing Products Used
Love this super easy treat packet! Perfect for teacher gifts, stocking stuffers, and treats for friends. I was inspired by a video by Katherine Themann back in August. So many fun ways to change these up with different patterned papers, rubber stamps, holidays and themes. Be sure to watch my video below showing visually how these go together.
I used Stampin’ Up!’s Candy Canes background stamp found in Stampin’ Up!’s July-December Mini Catalog. See this post for other card samples.
Candy Canes Treat Packet
- Start with piece of Real Red card stock measuring 10 inches by 3 1/4 inches.
- Score at 1 inch, 4 3/4 inches, and 6 1/4 inch. Fold.
- Decorate the front and the back of the packet with either stamped card stock (like the Candy Canes) or Designer Series Paper. You need two pieces that measure 3 inches x 3 1/2 inches and one piece that measure 3 inches by 3/4 inches.
- Add a sentiment and embellish.
- Trim three inches from one of Stampin’ Up!’s 3 x 9 gusseted cellophone bags. Fill with candy of choice. (This is the best part! — and eating the extras!) Adhere the bag to the inside of the treat packet.
- Close the treat package with self-adhesive Velcro.
- Top off with complementary ribbon.
Enjoy a couple of other samples.
Candy Canes Treat Packet Video
Thanks for joining me today. Please let me know if you have questions about this project or any other rubber stamping and card making techniques.
Looking for more inspiration? Sign up for my free email newsletter by clicking here. I send two to three emails each month that include a free tutorial, video, and more. (Once you click this link, watch your InBox for a confirmation email from AWeber. They want to be sure you want emails from me!)
Click on any of the graphics below to shop directly from my online store.