I started playing with Stampin’ Up!’s Hey Sports Fan Suite last week, and I’ve already used a whole package of the Hey Sports Fan 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper. Once I got stamping and creating, the ideas just kept coming. Find this awesome collection of products in Stampin’ Up!’ January-June 2022 Mini Catalog. See this post for additional card samples, ideas, and a video.
Your Biggest Fan Birthday
The card above uses a fun embossing technique.
- cut a piece of the baseball-looking paper from the Hey Sports Fan 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper at 5 x 3 3/4 and the die cut it using Stampin’ Up!’s Picture This Dies. The circles remind me of baseballs!
- pop the circles out and glue the circles onto a piece of Night of Navy card stock measuring 5 x 3 3/4 inches.
- run this whole piece through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine in the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.
- add the sentiment (stamped in Night of Navy) from the Sweet Ice Cream stamp set
- layer on a piece of Poppy Parade card stock measuring 5 1/4 x 4
- tie the red/white baker’s twine
- include some of the fun Resin Star embellishments.
It’s a fun technique that just gives the card a different look. Here’s a close up look.
One feature I love about the Hey Sports Fan 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper is that many of the sheets include images you can die cut with the Sports Events Dies. I used the coordinating dies to get all of the images. With the pile on my crafting space, I grabbed pieces to create cards and all fun elements. The card above shows how I used some of the fun “ticket” pieces to make a birthday card.
Here’s one more card sample that shows the use of the tickets die cut from the designer series paper.
Here’s another card sample using the tickets die cut from the designer series paper.
Hey Sports Fan Suite Collection
This fun collection includes:
- Your Biggest Fan stamp set
- Sports Event Dies (purchase the stamp set and dies as a bundle and save 10 percent)
- Fan Baker’s Twine (one spool each of Evening Evergreen, Night of Navy, and Poppy Parade/white)
- Resin Stars Embellishments.
- Hey Sports Fan 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper (love, love, love this paper. I especially love the the coordinating dies cut images directly from the DSP. It makes it handy to have lots of pieces to craft with).
I’ve had so much fun with this collection of products. I hope you’ve enjoyed the samples as much as I’ve enjoyed creating them.
Looking for more inspiration? Sign up to receive my free, email newsletter. I send two to three newsletters a month that include a free tutorial, video, and updates on Stampin’ Up! news and sales. Click here.
Click on any of the images below to shop directly from my online store.